the_xxi

Old DayZ player here, are KOS and hacking low these days ?

So yeah I haven't been playing DayZ since august, I'm still a huge fan of it, I bought The War Z to have a rush once in a while, but of course as I planned it weeks ago, this game doesn't deserve the its title. It's pure shit and its devs are a complete joke, it goes without saying if you ask me.

Anyway I heard that the level of hacking was alright these days, so I wanted to know about the level of KOS to armed people ? Back in May it was cooperation all the way, back in July with the success of DayZ, everybody was shooting everybody, what about now ?

I would like feedback from "old"/experienced players, who saw the evolutions through the weeks. I'll bump eventually.

• Like 1

Most of the hacking is down, although ESP seems to be rampant. KOS is still the main strategy used by about 90% of the player base. I would recommend playing on a small community of servers that has their own website, a TS server and active admins as they seem to be places where people will make new friends.

Edited by tjG3ftw436
  • Like 1

KoS is a bigger issue now then ever..

basicly all the people who used to PvP at the NWAF, now just camp around Electro/cherno and snipe everything and anything that moves, regardless of equipment/weapons.

It's like that since July I believe.

So you didn't see any change at all then ?

Hacking seems to have been slowly, methodically beaten down into a still functioning yet highly handicapped bloody pulp.

You can still script, some people obviously do it (you'll see the occasional destroyed city), but mass killings, "The Thunder-dome", and people rampantly spawning helicopters seems to be way down.

You'll still see plenty of "Battleye kick : script restriction xxx" popping up in chat, so their still trying though lol.

Main Hive populated servers - you'll still come across hackers and tbh playing on any main hive is kinda pointless as due to duping etc everyone is geared to the teeth unreasonably.

I've started playing private hives like a lot of people though and it is much better. It's a better balance of KoS and survivors. I've met more survivors than I have bandits on private hives.

I'd recommend finding a good private server. I have different characters on a few of them so I can switch between them.

I'd recommend Pl@net DayZ. I just started playing on the expert server there and it's great. Depending on where you're from though you'll want to find one with good connection.

Private hives with TS is really the better way to go although since side has come back on a lot of servers chances of team up or non kill are better than without. Elektro and Cherno are still silly deathmatch cities populated on most servers by kos idjits. Hoping standalone brings back a feel of how it was when the game just started blowing up.

• Like 2

Things are about the same as before. U meet nice people, weird people, and people that shoot u in the face. U know how it is bro.

I believe it really depends on the server you join. I play on a private hive and most people (who are common to the server) aren't KOS. We all work together sometimes and fix up caravans and shit haha.

I've played on some public hives with side chat enabled, it seems people are more friendly when side chat is on. I meet several people who actually needed help and didn't KOS when I can near them to give them blood, morphine, etc. But on normal servers it seems to be everywhere. Private hives are nice though, people can't ghost you and the number of script kiddies tends to be lower.

Can't you guys start posting the hives names?

I wanna find a private hive like that. I hate KoS.

I believe it really depends on the server you join. I play on a private hive and most people (who are common to the server) aren't KOS. We all work together sometimes and fix up caravans and shit haha.

Hive name please?

Edited by Dickhat

People still cry about kos in a pvp game

/facepalm

People still think a sandbox game is 'a PvP game'.

/facepalm

• Like 2

People still think a sandbox game is 'a PvP game'.

/facepalm

Tell me about it. It's what happened to Garry's Mod.

• Like 3

The main requirement for a good private hive is it must be actively moderated every day during peak playtime. If it isn't, hackers learn the admins are gone and run rampant.

KoS... What can I say... I don't think standalone is going to change this. It only takes one time where you are in Cherno with no gear and get shot in the face by someone with an AKM to sour your view on all people.

BTW the bandit skin is completely useless. I am KoS shot in the face way more often by the regular skin than bandits. Then... I get the bandit skin after shooting one person after he had already fired at me.

People still cry about kos in a pvp game

/facepalm

shouldnt you be scanning the beach from atop the hills somewere with ur AS50 ??

better hurry back u may have missed a fresh spawn or 2 by now..

/facepalm

• Like 2

Low? Maybe higher than ever. I haven't run into any hackers, but in the past two months I got teleported in the air about 3 times and that never happened before.

BattleEye has banned a lot of hackers and I haven't gotten into any hacking situations, but that's probably because I haven't played a lot lately. And people still kill you just for laughs and don't want to team up.

Low? Maybe higher than ever. I haven't run into any hackers, but in the past two months I got teleported in the air about 3 times and that never happened before.

BattleEye has banned a lot of hackers and I haven't gotten into any hacking situations, but that's probably because I haven't played a lot lately. And people still kill you just for laughs and don't want to team up.

If you're a new player, you won't see the difference, but if you played since may, through all the summer, you'll know what low means.

I've played since may (although I too took a break from July/August to yesterday) and I know how it feels. That said, I have found that playing on private hives significantly reduces instances of KOS, especially if side-chat is enabled. It's still common, but either just uncommon enough or I was just lucky enough to get a group of ten people cooperating yesterday on Namalsk, to the point where we all sat around a pond to all pass around the group's only two water canteens in that brutal map.

In regular Chernarus, with the centralised HIVE, I haven't played yet. However, I've heard KOS is worse than ever there, which is a pity. Hacking has gone down though.

Edited by Askar

I hear hacking is lower, though strangely, I've seen more hackers now than ever before... Stuff like teleportation, spawing of weapons and vehicles, and last, but not least, artillery strikes.

Somebody tried to artillery strike me and a friend on a very laggy server in the middle of nowhere. It hit right behind us just as we entered safe distance. Weren't it for lag, we would probably be dead.

What I do is that I mark those servers and never visit them again. Never experienced hacking on servers with special software to take down hackers, though, however often these are full, strangely enough. ;)

shouldnt you be scanning the beach from atop the hills somewere with ur AS50 ??

better hurry back u may have missed a fresh spawn or 2 by now..

/facepalm

the carebear stare is strong with this one

If you're a new player, you won't see the difference, but if you played since may, through all the summer, you'll know what low means.

Well, is 4 months new or old? You tell me.

I just came back after quitting for a while, was having a decent time then got thunderdomed. Some thirteen year old laughing his mid-pubescent ass off through the mic his mom bought him while people frantically disconnect, spray bullets, or scream at people to stop spraying bullets while themselves spraying bullets. As for KOS, every unarmed person I point a gun at is "friendly." Imagine that. While I have seen armed strangers taking pity on gunless me, I've yet to not have to defend myself when I was armed. Basically people fear guns and fear death and will use both without hesitation when afraid. I think I'll try to find a decent group of people to play with.

I miss the good ol' days of actually beeing able to direct chat with some random guy without immediately being shot at. Ive found that almost all players on my private hive servers seem to at least entertain the idea of not killing on sight. People also usually seem more willing to cooperate on new maps, but once everyome familirises them selves its back to boom before banter. Hopefully once standalone is released we might be able to get the old player attitude back again, at least for a while...

If anyone fancys trying a server of mine filter for dayzuk.com ( join the site too if you feel like it )