Sign in to follow this  
matthew.hayes.somerville@gmail.com

BattlEye, fixed?

Hey again guys.

So I've had to go back and try and fix BattlEye again. The error is the "Not Responding" kick.

I keep thinking I've got it, because I get all the messages, "Server requires BattlEye version 1.182 Up To Date" and the Computed GUID one (Can't remember exactly what they both say haha), in the lobby. But then I get stuck at the loading screen. I somehow, luck of the draw I guess, got passed the loading screen just now - but then BattlEye stopped responding again!

I'm so desperate now, here's a list of what I have done so far;

• Manually updating BattlEye
  • Turning off Firewalls (Ensuring BattlEye and ARMA2 are both exceptions anyway)
  • Re-installs (Countless) of BattlEye
  • Checking my router firmware is up-to-date.
  • Making sure uTorrent and anything related/similar is force closed
  • Giving DayZ Commander 10 minutes to find servers (waiting after it's done just to be sure)
  • Re-install of ArmA2, DayZ, DayZ commander, Six Launcher, Six Updater
  • Creating different profiles.
  • Updating ArmA etc.

Safe to say I won't be playing DayZ ever again? Thing is it worked before on this very PC, then I stopped playing for a few weeks - came back and this started, must have been an update somewhere that caused it? I really don't know.

But then even if it does seem to work, like I say, I get stuck at the final loading screen. Usually you can tell if it isn't stuck because you can hear sound from the game sometimes.

If there's anything not on the list of things I have tried, please let me know.

• I am running on WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
  • I have AVG Anti-virus, and obviously Windows Firewall.
  • My router is a Sagemcom, and the firmware is up to date (and no model number on the router), I am with Sky Broadband.
  • No other games present me any problems connecting to servers.
  • I am not using Steam.
  • I am also running everything to do with DayZ as Admin.

I currently follow this routine to launch the game.

• Ensure uTorrent is force closed.
  • Turn off Anti Virus
  • Copy most recent BEClient and BEServer.dlls to the right directories.
  • Run DayZ Commander as Admin
  • Wait ten minutes
  • Choose a server and connect

Usually this gets me the three messages in the lobby regarding BattlEye, if it doesn't I can usually get it going by staying in the in-game server browser, then copying the ,dll files again, and choosing a new server from the in-game browser. Can sometimes take a few attempts but usually I get there.

Currently running ArmA2 98220 and DayZ 1.7.2.6.

Thanks again for reading, this is pretty much all the information I can really provide :/

Edited by 89ShadowUK

Definitely sounds like an issue with your router, you could try rolling back the firmware and seeing if it does anything.

Hey, I just did some serious digging on the internet.

Really sorry for wasting time, but it is indeed my router, infact, appears a lot of other Sky Broadband users are having issues, Sky seem partially aware of the issue - but because of the limited controls provided, I have to ASK THEM to roll it back (Fucking joke?).

So this thread can be sent away to die now, but perhaps some sort of sticky to point this out to people?

System Details Manufacturer Sagemcom Model Number F@ST2504n Firmware Version 6.14.1a4N_UNI ADSL Firmware Version

A2pD035g.d23j1

Most people affected by BattlEye issues, will know what this means.