DireMickey

new zombie:)

ok so i was thinking why not have a stronger zombie, i was thinking maybe one with claws that was abit stronger than the other zombies but abit slower and if it does scratch you become infected with some desise or something, idk, you'll figure it out haha :P

Yeah, lets make it MMORPG..

Levels and skills, Hell Faster reload time and more bullets within a clip!

Lets make it CoD Combined with ArmA 2 + World of warcraft!

GIF US SKILLTREE!

GIF US SKILLTREE!

GIF US SKILLTREE!

ones again im sorry i posted something you didnt think was good :(

GIF US SKILLTREE!

If you're going to be a dick and only post stupid exaggerated hate, then why even post at all? He never said anything about any of this. He asked for a, slightly different second kind of zombie. And if you were to actually think about it, it makes sense. Some people are stronger than others, so some zombies are stronger than others.

• Like 7

GIF US SKILLTREE!

He just asked for one additional zombie type, not for an RPG game...

• Like 1

GIF US SKILLTREE!

Guys, I think we found a retard over here!

• Like 1

What about fat walkers? Slower but deal a lot of damage.

What about fat walkers? Slower but deal a lot of damage.

I think they should be slower and deal less damage. :)

And they should explode, sending flying big-macs all over Elektro and Cherno.

• Like 1

And they should explode, sending flying big-macs all over Elektro and Cherno.

lol

I think different zombies would add to it. Not like Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil zombies, however. Well, actually like some of the basic zombies in Left 4 Dead are a good idea. I.E. if a zombie is in riot gear, they should be harder to shoot with bullets. Or a zombie soldier with body armor would be harder to kill (and thus making military loot more difficult to get and feel more desirable. Basically just zombies with different sorts of gear that they died in would add to realism. A zombie in riot gear or a soldier with body armor and a helmet would be harder to take down than a zombie in scrubs you would think.

That being said, I would say the more "protection" a zombie has, the more weight it would be carrying and thus slower it would be.

So not necessarily zombie types but still adds a bit of diversity.

• Like 2

I think different zombies would add to it. Not like Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil zombies, however. Well, actually like some of the basic zombies in Left 4 Dead are a good idea. I.E. if a zombie is in riot gear, they should be harder to shoot with bullets. Or a zombie soldier with body armor would be harder to kill (and thus making military loot more difficult to get and feel more desirable. Basically just zombies with different sorts of gear that they died in would add to realism. A zombie in riot gear or a soldier with body armor and a helmet would be harder to take down than a zombie in scrubs you would think.

That being said, I would say the more "protection" a zombie has, the more weight it would be carrying and thus slower it would be.

So not necessarily zombie types but still adds a bit of diversity.

nice idea! i hope a supervisor sees that :P and thankyou for the reply :)
  • Like 1

Personally I would want more zombie types. Not smarter, dumber, more tactical and that stuff. But rather aggressiveness and strenght, maybe the possibility of grabbing and holding, dragging you down for some damage and immobility, maybe "hunter" kinds of Zeds that aren't so desperate to have a house nearby where they can kick back and relax, and instead wander around. Would be nice to keep snipers on their toes aswell. Right now the zombies make for a scenery change and if I were posed with the option of surviving ONE player with a Makarov or running through 50-100 zombies, I'll charge right on through those zombies and be like "Bitch please, I got places to be."

Human interaction, via the barrel of a gun or voice, is a key element of this (anti) game, but why would it be a zombie apocalypse if one lone man/woman can stomp zombies like they were ants when the military with their tanks, jets, explosives could not? The zombies mean nothing to me but a slight nuisance and an indicator that a player is around. I call BS on that, really.

Edited by Darkwater

Personally I would want more zombie types. Not smarter, dumber, more tactical and that stuff. But rather aggressiveness and strenght, maybe the possibility of grabbing and holding, dragging you down for some damage and immobility, maybe "hunter" kinds of Zeds that aren't so desperate to have a house nearby where they can kick back and relax, and instead wander around. Would be nice to keep snipers on their toes aswell. Right now the zombies make for a scenery change and if I were posed with the option of surviving ONE player with a Makarov or running through 50-100 zombies, I'll charge right on through those zombies and be like "Bitch please, I got places to be."

Human interaction, via the barrel of a gun or voice, is a key element of this (anti) game, but why would it be a zombie apocalypse if one lone man/woman can stomp zombies like they were ants when the military with their tanks, jets, explosives could not? The zombies mean nothing to me but a slight nuisance and an indicator that a player is around. I call BS on that, really.

this is true :) ty for the reply :)

Just leave it like it is, Yes I can see that it would be fun for different kind of zombies but personally I want DayZ to have completey normal zombies.

It's really easy to label the infected as zombies, but these guys are the kind of zombies based on a scientific explanation, rather then rising from the graves, these are still living beings, they've just forgotten to be human.

I think the general idea is that people have been infected with a rabies-like human strain. It might not be totally realistic, but the infected are not supernatural walking dead. While the infected post a great danger, the real threat to the survivors of this infection is the breakdown of civilized society. No rule of law, no electricity, no sanitation and no fresh food.

In the standalone the enviroment will be much more dangerous, infections, disease and general exposure.

Edited by Dallas

hmmm

Crawler: faster then draggers they still have their legs only they are either sprained or broken, deals medium damage, and effective at stealthiness.

dragger: no leggs no problem, draggers will grapple you holding you still you can escape it by pressing left and right like 15 times or shooting it. they move slowly towards you

runner: standard, run at you and bite

overweight: slow, low damage, adds variety

brute: Runs at you mostly in a strait line, tends to fall over and remain on the ground for awhile. deals a crap load of damage, with a large amount of health.

screamer: riles up a series of zombies drawing their attention to the survivor.

faker: well it could be starvation but fakers don't have the strength to move... just don't get to close they will grab you and go to town. they are the land mines of a zombie apocalypse. they pretend to be a corpse, (must be a difficult task?)

horde bringer: for some reason he was the popular guy of the party before he died because he/she travels from town to town with at least a group of 17-26 zombies.

Edited by skull02892

Just leave it like it is, Yes I can see that it would be fun for different kind of zombies but personally I want DayZ to have completey normal zombies.

Yeah agreed, why would 1 "big" Zombie who scratches you and gives a disease exist ? Zombie format with Movies etc is simple. An outbreak of some kind happened, people that die and or who are bitten come back as Zombies " the walking dead ", a zillion Films have been made under that premise, and thats why I enjoy playing Dayz I can live out being in one of those Films, everytime I play is like another Episode.

Call me a traditionalist, but just give me "normal" Zombies rather than ya I am Legend type/resident Evil