Spikér

Question to Rocket (or anyone that knows)

After hearing about your plans for underground bases (built by the player). Are we looking at a single or multiple level construction? I think it would be really nice if bases could have multiple 'levels' to it as it could lead to some rather interesting firefights if someone managed to gain entry.

Also, with this feature being in the pipelines, is there any plans to add static underground structures to the map in general? I.E Car parks under the International Hotels? This could be expanded to include multiple level storage 'bunkers' at military installations. These places would contain very good loot and force players to engage in CQB with other players (if they are that way inclined) while also adding a level of fear/paranoia with being in a closed in area.

Cheers for reading :)

{HSO} SpikeR

• Like 5

dunno but that sounds awesome and what if you built your base a bit to close to someone elses and it created like a small hole in the wall between the two so firefights can continue

i don't think that would work as i think rocket stated that each underground base would be instanced.

yes it would be good. imagine it. you are sitting at your table in your bunker and you hear an explosion. you grab your ak and find a hole in the wall of your bunker and six guys are rushing in. you take down two of them but retreat to the storeroom of bunker where they break in and kill you just for shitz and gigglez

ive just been thinking that there could also be subways leading to the major citys that could be used by survivors to avoid surface travel too. As in, no trains (ofc) but you would have to fight (or sneek) your way to the platforms and they could walk along the lines to different stations. Hell there could even be random access points along the route to allow for easier access to places other than stations.

Edited by Spikér
  • Like 1

I think Rocket mentioned somewhere, that he was inspired by XCOM's underground bases and they'd be instanced similarly to Skyrim dungeons, but however it turns out, it wouldn't be included straight away at launch.

Edited by Dallas

If you're interested in base building. Click my sig. Our coders have implemented a construction system on the mod servers.

yeah, im just wondering if they will have multiple floors to them. I would also really love if there were underground tube stations to use too. They would be pitch black ofc and require some sort of player illumination. I.E, NVGs,Torch or flares etc etc