DrainBamaged

A Question For Lee-Vilayer, Re; DayZ Planet Glitch

Lee-Vilayer,

I (and I'm sure a lot of other people as well) would like to know what happened with the DayZ Planet Hive over the last couple of days (October 17-18, 2012.)

Yes, it's all pixels. Yes, it's just a game. Yes, it's just a mod.

But seriously, what happened? Because myself and a lot of other people lost hours of time invested in playing. I logged off and went to bed with multiple helicopters and vehicles fixed up and parked at an established base (on the Fallujah Map.) I wake up and can't log in. After roughly a full day we're given an emergency code update and when we log back in everything we had just spent many hours of gameplay to put together was gone.

Tents, gone.

Gear, gone.

Vehicles, gone.

Helicopters, gone.

And no idea when they (the vehicles and helicopters) will respawn on the map.

The only thing my character(s) have is the gear they logged off with. And, quite frankly, I have several pissed off players on my servers because of this, and I can't say I blame them.

Can we eventually work it out and get our stuff back? Certainly, but that doesn't fix the lack of trust my players now have in DayZ Planet.

It would have been nice to at least see a post on the forums advising us of a major glitch and what to expect.

If this wasn't a DayZ Planet issue then I apologize. However, that's what I was told by my server company rep ... that DayZ Planet had glitched and caused this problem. So, please, enlighten us.

Regards,

DrainBamaged

Hello Drain,

I am extremely sorry to hear about your issues over the past few days!

There were a lot of issues with the previous database setup of which when we updated there were a few bugs that had to be corrected.

Unfortunately the new scheme of things made it so we we're unable to gain the original vehicles table back, I am again very sorry for this however there was alot of hacked in data within the vehicles and i decided it was for the best to start a fresh with that instance.

I've personally spent over 50 hours within the past 3 days to fix the issues and i am pleased to state that the issues are now resolved.

Vehicles are spawning correctly and saving correctly.

I am again extremely sorry if anyone has had issues with the DayZPlanet database but unfortunately we needed to make the necessary changes to the database for future support and stability of DayZPlanet.

It's not small project and it's still very much within it's development stage but should become more stable with a huge performance increase from now on.

Thanks for understanding!

Thank you Lee, for the answer.

Also, is there a place that we admins can get an "official list" of what vehicles should be spawning? Because I have to say the three Russian Mi-8s out in debug plains were a surprise ... and yes, we found everything that spawned out in no-man's land, by doing an extensive grid search.

Yeah there are still some issues on Fallujah with vehicles but that will be resolved by the end of the weekend.

That's all well and good, but can we admins get an official list of what will be there. It sort of sucks, as a proactive admin, to tell my players, "sorry I don't know the answer to that."

Well,

In this sense what is the point?

I can tell you where all the vehicles spawn are but is it not better to actually go into the game enjoy it and find the vehicles?

This is apart of the game to find vehicles, if let everyone know where they are well it's another game killer.

Edited by Lee-Vilayer

Well,

I can tell you where all the vehicles spawn are but is it not better to actually go into the game enjoy it and find the vehicles?

This is apart of the game to find vehicles, if let everyone know where they are well it's another game killer.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I don't want to know where they are. I'm not asking for their spawn points.

I want to know officially what vehicles should spawn.

A list of the actual vehicles/aircraft that showld spawn at some point, not when or where. Big difference between what I'm asking and what you seem to be thinking I'm asking. As an admin knowing what is legit on your server (and let's be honest, Fallujah has vehicles that aren't legit in regular DayZ) and what isn't legit is a pretty helpful tool.

For instance, the three UH-1Z Venom (Super Huey) Helicopters, the three Mi-8 Russian Helicopters, the three CH-47 Chinook Helicopters, the two MH-6 (Little Bird) Helicopters, the two HMMWVs with mounted .50 caliber heavy machine guns, and the brand new Black SUV were all a little odd the first time I saw them spawn in.

Knowing what is the standard list, not where they spawn, is all I'm asking.

Yeah it would be great to have some reference list about number of spawning vehicles and possible vehicle spawns. Our team had public hive server before and we took Dayz Package and with new places to explore in DayZ we have plenty of players now instead of near death low pop server. So this is great way to spend time before DayZ Standalone is released.

Well,

The more I think about this the more your flippant answer angers me.

1. You are assuming what you find fun in the game, and what I (or my players) find fun are the same thing. That's pretty damned arrogant of you. Not everyone has the same idea of fun in this game. Not everyone enjoys DayZ in the same way that you, or me, or anyone else, enjoys DayZ. We are all different. We all play the game for different reasons. We all find our "fun" in different ways.

Personally I don't find it fun to run around for hours on end through debug plains looking for spawned vehicles out there. Nor do I find it fun to fix them all up and get them into the "playable" map area. Nor do I enjoy sitting around waiting for vehicles to re-spawn after a complete server wipe that took away everything. What I find fun is shooting other players. But I do what I do to help get my players up and running with the things they want, because they come before my "fun."

2. Our "fun," as you put it, and many hours of gaming-work (both mine and my players) was all for naught because you decided to erase it all. Aircraft, stored gear, tents, vehicles ... all gone. Completely wiped out. So now we have to start completely from scratch.

Not only is that not "fun," but I've lost a great deal of players over this. They're pissed and frustrated that hours of "fun" was wasted and is now down the drain.

3. Keeping us up-to-date, and not just "SURPRISE!! All your stuff is gone!!" would have been nice. To late for that though.

4. I am not asking for locations. Just a list of what aircraft and vehicles should spawn.

5. Please, don't assume anymore.

3. Keeping us up-to-date, and not just "SURPRISE!! All your stuff is gone!!" would have been nice. To late for that though.

I strongly second this. Not only can you prepare yourself and and the crew, but it should also generate fewer support tickets on the ViLayer side.

I myself was a bit annoyed but if I had known it was for the greater good, it would have been ok.

Drainbamaged,

Can you direct me to the other hives (there are several) lists of what vehicles and weapons they have that are on the maps they offer?

Pick one.

HFB has a control panel in the works (for their hive) that allows me to see the vehicles. I can also despawn sandbags, concertina wire, and tanktraps, but that's beside the point.

Survival Servers also gives their admins this access (although I haven't seen it first hand.)

I've also seen many advertisements in the "server" section of this forum from multiple companies offering the ability to see which vehicles are on your server, and the ability to control their spawn in some fashion or another.

So, just pick one.

And let's be crystal clear here: I'm asking, as an admin, for a list of legit vehicles/aircraft on the Vilayer-DayZ Planet Hive. Not gear. Not ammunition. Not weapons. Not spawn times. Not spawn locations. Just a simple list of vehicles and aircraft that should, at some point, spawn into my servers.

Okay,

I will ask again... can you please link to any place... ANY HIVE... that gives you the information you are Bashing ViLayer for not giving you?

And BTW... HFB are a part of the DayZPlanet HIVE... Just in case you didn't know that...

Edited by Leadcatcher22

Okay,

I will ask again... can you please link to any place... ANY HIVE... that gives you the information you are Bashing ViLayer for not giving you?

And BTW... HFB are a part of the DayZPlanet HIVE... Just in case you didn't know that...

And what does this have to do with anything omfg.... Just coz other people do it like that, are all suppose to do it?

It would not be hard for DayZPlanet to go into the Database, look at the spawn table and tell people, we got theese vehicles on this map.

Just a simple service, people would love you for. Nothing else. And he is not asking for the position, just a list of vehicles that are spawnable on the map, so he can answer his users if they ask him about it and so he knows when a hacked vehicles is there.

Tbh every admin should know this and if you have database acces, you can find out very easily.

Theres no point, at all, to start to ask for "what other people do", it doesnt matter lol. Nobody else were making DayZ when Rocket and the guys started, but that didnt stop them from trying something new.

And this is actually not good, admins need to know what vehicles they have on theyre server. Especially with the current hacker scripter situation.

Btw, theres no reason to go to a private hoster, if its the same service as everywhere else, why not give people "unique" options insted, they will love it.

And on a sidenote. I wanna thank DayZPlanet, for finally giving credit to the creator of the maps you are using. Saw Icebreakr's name in the main menu of Panthera, gj mate.

Keep taking steps in that direction and i am sure people will forget this "rough patch" :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I agree with what you are asking for... And it has been stated in other posts that DayZplanet.com will be online very soon... all the information that is out there will be on that site....

But the constant bashing that is taking place seems to be only directed at Lee for some reason... I don't see the same kind of posts about any other hosting company... or any other hive that is running.. that is all i am pointing out...

Be patient, DayZPlanet has been working on all of this for free... for many long hours... and all that seem to be posted are attacks by impatient people who are doing nothing to better the community in any way.

Let these guys get all of this up and running for the community before attacking them about things that are being worked on.

OK. I will tell you again, and I'll do it slowly so you can understand.

H. F. B. hfbserver.com

S U R V I V A L S E R V E R S survivalservers.com

Both give admins the ability to see a list of vehicles on their servers.

And since I'm connected (currently) to the Vilayer-DayZ Planet Hive via HFB I'd like to know what vehicles and aircraft spawn in. Something the Vilayer-DayZ Planet Hive doesn't allow the HFB client admins to see. So I'm asking for a list, so that, as an admin, I know what should and should not be on my server, especially since they apparently just changed everything.

Not to hard to understand.

Also. you might think I'm bashing Lee-Vilayer, but I'm not. I appreciate his hard work, but his arrogant answer was, well flippant and arrogant and I didn't appreciate it. All I want is to know what to expect.

Furthermore, and I quote you Leadcatcher22, from this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...h-vilayer-hive/

"Clearly a fanboy or agent of some other hosting company.

I know personally that tickets are never unanswered for more than a 24hour period... and that is the extreme time frame.

As to the recent issues... they have all been explained and fixed... check the other posts... stop trolling ViLayer and DayZPlanet... They are working very hard.. for FREE, to make this mod better each day."

You're doing here exactly what you called the other guy out for ... being a fanboy. I think my gripes and request are pretty damned reasonable, and your BS try at defending is just that ... bullshit.

(Edit: "You're" changed to "your" in the final sentence ... I know how INU hates that.)

Edited by DrainBamaged

Actually, Again.. you clearly say that " H. F. B. hfbserver.com

S U R V I V A L S E R V E R S survivalservers.com

Both give admins the ability to see a list of vehicles on their servers.

You say you are with HFB... please explain to me again about how you get that information you are saying they offer...

But you still say you don't have it????

AGAIN... provide a link... a screenshot... to ANY OTHER PROVIDER OR HIVE THAT OFFERS WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR.

All of the things that the community are asking for are being worked on in the DayZPlanet community...

Patience is the key.

As to the Fanboy part... sorry to bust your bubble...

My statements are based on facts... not opinions...

I have a very good understanding of what is being worked on within the DayZPlanet Community.. As I am A part of it.

Apparently you're not reading my posts in their entirety.

I'll try to be clearer.

HFB has a control panel access that allows admins to see a list of vehicles (I haven't used it in a while because I don't regularly play Chernarus or Lingor or Emita City, but if I remember correctly it also let's you see how much damage each one has.) That's for when you are connected to the actual HFB hive.

Survival Servers, which I have absolutely no connection with, offers similar features in their advertisements (as do a multitude of server companies advertising on these forums.) I also think you can see samples of this on their website at http://www.survivalservers.com

However, when connected to the Vilayer-DayZ Planet hive, through HFB (say to Fallujah or Takistan, or Utes or Panthera) you aren't given that option. Admins don't know what vehicles should and shouldn't be there. Considering the fact that a crap load of helicopters and a black SUV (that aren't generally in DayZ; see my OP for a list) spawned, and now things have been apprently changed, because they're now all gone ... without any warning ... I'd like to know what will be legit on my servers.

Is that hard to understand?

Again, I'm not asking for locations or times of spawn. I just want to know what should (or will) be there, and what shouldn't.

As has been stated many times... this information will be released in the very near future...

And just to point out... There are NO other providers giving that information that you claimed to be getting or that was being given.. FACT

As has been stated many times... this information will be released in the very near future...

And just to point out... There are NO other providers giving that information that you claimed to be getting or that was being given.. FACT

"As has been stated many times... this information will be released in the very near future..." -- Actually, as far as I can see it's only been stated once, by you, not plural as you imply. And as far as I can tell you're not a Vilayer-DayZPlanet Dev. Just a fanboy-troll that, from your forum history, bashes anyone that writes anything about Vilayer-DayZPlanet that you don't like.

"And just to point out... There are NO other providers giving that information that you claimed to be getting or that was being given.. FACT" -- Actually the actual fact here is that you're full of ... well let's just say you don't know what you're talking about.

Oohhh we went to bold and red underlines. Scaaaary.

I shall, indeed, connect to the TS3 server, although I prefer written forums because it's hard to go back on what's been written and everyone has read.