PwnCaiks101

Are you a bandit if you kill newspawns?

I am curious for your responses,such as "No,only if they get too close" or what more.

I personaly think this will increase on the boards if the old bandit skin (KRSK or KSK German model) gets put back in the game.

No you're just a big fucking douchebag if you do. No-one likes newspawn killers

• Like 6

Bandits kill to get other survivor's stuff, and while that can feel uncool, it's still totally legitimate play.

However, only griefers, dicks and assholes kill for no reason except to troll bambies.

Edit: To answer your question: No.

Edited by kebman
  • Like 2

Well, you'll get the bandit skin if you do so. But you aren't a bandit. I wouldn't consider kos people bandits either, as you aren't killing for supplies, more for safety. A true bandit (in my mind) kills or robs when he needs to.

• Like 1

Depends. What if you kill new spawned bandits?

Well, you'll get the bandit skin if you do so. But you aren't a bandit. I wouldn't consider kos people bandits either, as you aren't killing for supplies, more for safety. A true bandit (in my mind) kills or robs when he needs to.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, not their fact. Fact is people with homicidal tendencies tend to be bandits! As for the notion of a true bandit? Where is the bandit standard? People that fuck over other people, whether they think themselves justified or not = bandit. Those that think themselves justified are egoists.

The notion of a true bandit is romantic and missguided. If a person is out for slaughter or loot it doesn't matter. Person who harms with another person without provication is a bandit.

Edited by Trizzo

The notion of a true bandit is romantic and missguided. If a person is out for slaughter or loot it doesn't matter. Person who harms with another person without provication is a bandit.

True, but the term is used differently in the DayZ community. Here, a bandit is a person who holds up, steals from other players or kills them to get their gear. A player that does what you say without any other gain than pleasure, is a griefer, or as I like to call them, an asshole - and he'd IMO do better at something like CoD or BF3. So you see, it does matter what the person is after. It affects what I and other players call them.

Also it's not misguided to role play the romantic notion of bandits, or want other players to do it more. Sure, it's an ideal, but it's also an option within DayZ for those who dare. If you "bandit" that way, you're better than the other bandits, square and simple. Not only that, but you make the community a better place, providing experiences the other player quite possibly will never forget. :)

That is not to say that I expect everybody to keep to those ideals. Oh no, when I go about my business, I thread carefully and take aim long before making contact, thus making it difficult to best me. I expect the bandits to do that too. But hey, that's how this game goes, right?

I've killed a newspawn only because he didn't want to bandage me so I took it from him..does that count?

=)

what about a newspawn with a bandit skin?

Newspawns with bandit skins have the bug on, i have a bandit skin everytime i spawn and after few mins it disapears if i havent killed anyone that is ;D

No, you are a worthless little loser that can't handle a real fight. The majority of people I see murdering fresh spawns couldn't hold their own against a single armed player. I get it, people want to feel like badasses and get kills, but it's just sad.

• Like 1

You'll never get a definite answer.

For some it's ok.

For others not so much.

Personally I don't give a hoot, if I see you, I'll kill you. Guaranteed!

I think in my opinion there are the following types of bandits:

The good ones that only shoot other bandits.

The bad ones that shoot everyone.

The logical ones that kill other guys for loot.

The idiots who shoot even new spawned players.

Im actually one of those "good ones* because i only shoot other bandits but unfortunatly today i accidentaly shot someone who wasn't bandit :(

• Like 1

I think in my opinion there are the following types of bandits:

The good ones that only shoot other bandits.

The bad ones that shoot everyone.

The logical ones that kill other guys for loot.

The idiots who shoot even new spawned players.

Im actually one of those "good ones* because i only shoot other bandits but unfortunatly today i accidentaly shot someone who wasn't bandit :(

I agree however your logic is flawed in the sense bandits are bandits because they have the bandit skin, Only way to get that is to kill other players. I think there should be a different term for what you aspire to be. Kind of like a anti-hero :)

• Like 1

I don't really care if bandits kill when I spawn I mean just part of the game..and usually they can't kill me even if they try.. :lol:

I don't really care if bandits kill when I spawn I mean just part of the game..and usually they can't kill me even if they try.. :lol:

Reminds me of something that happend to me in Elektro, i was there with a friend on the roof of the office building aswell as 3 other friendly players. One of the players started shooting at me with a Makarov five times but only hit me once, I just turned around and killed him and 2 of his friends xD

NOOB KILLERS ARE !@#$ING WORTHLESS PEICES OF !@#$

personally i consider myself a blessing to other players, if there's a new spawn, he may get a gun and kill you so i kill him....

• Like 1