Faggala

The Wendigo (STANDALONE)

Another idea branching off from my old "needed scare factor post" The Wendigo is a urban legend here in canada, I'm not to sure of it but it's a very tall monster that roams the woods of multiple provinces fucking people and shit up, and the land type is if not identical very similar to chernarus so I think it would fit pretty well.

The Wendigo will hunt the people still alive in chernarus usually the ones going deeper in the woods and potentially more armed just to even out the battlefield a little bit. You can hear howl's sounds like a big wolf, maybe it's not a wolf, what if it's something else. You hear branches and bushes crackling. You look around see nothing. Then you spot the silhouette of something large in the distance. Just as soon as you spot it it disappears and now you don't feel so comfy in your little camp.

You hear a howl again and this time it's almost as if it's right behind you. You suddenly hear a gallop through the forest breaking branches. You look over to see your buddy Fred. He's not there. You hear the shriek of what sounds like Fred. Then a sound like a wet cloth ripping apart and splattering all over, and then a thud. You pull out your flashlight look around you see he Fred on the ground, shit he doesn't look like Fed much anymore hear another howl then you see it and it charges towards you while you molest the trigger of your gun blindly shooting at fuck all hoping to save your scared shitless behind. You feel a large thud against your chest and get knocked the fuck over. You become unconscious, then wake up a few minutes later, theres blood all over and you only have minor fleshwounds. The forest seems silent and the presence of the creature seems to be gone.

Something like this would make the DayZ Standalone brilliant, you should never feel safe in the world of dayz, anything would do for something like this,not necessary the Wendigo maybe anything else infected bear or a super strain of the disease that mutated in one/few zombies, a batshit hermit zombie that got a hold of cocaine and steroids, anything that seems creepyish and you never really can get a good look at. Maybe it only attacks at night or it only purpose is to torment you and scare the fuck out of you not killing you. Still seeing it in the distance during the day while deep in the woods. A black figure on the hill in the distance. Maybe it doesn't like large spotlights if you set them up during the night in your base. More could be developed on it but I believe it is something required in dayz as don't get me wrong it's fun but it feels as though it's missing a helpless and scary feeling.

http://americanmonst...02/wendigo1.jpg

http://www.tumblr.co...fore=1340955118

Here are some pictures for a basic idea of what it could be.

Hey! This brings back memories of a discussion where some people and I were talking about having a Wendigo in a video game. Now that I think about it, it had some very similar elements to it like DayZ, with the food and water as well as hearing and sight, pretty sure!

Though I think the developers are going for a more realistic approach to the infected enemies, this idea isn't without worth of thought!

The idea of some stray zeds in the woods, feasting or lurking could potentially make night-time wood adventures thrilling, scary and increase the atmosphere.

A bit of the unknown could be really effective in this game!