Sign in to follow this  
fosty99

Flashlight on Guns

Is it possible to edit each weapon in the mod to add a flashlight to them (besides those which already have them), so that when you find a flashlight, your weapon changes from the normal version to the flashlight version?

I was thinking the same thing when i found a military flashlight. Not sure about the regular light, but wouldn't a "military" version have a better chance of being attached to a weapon?

Mind you i don't know anything about real weapons so i cannot speak on realism.

Sounds good Not much of a use since people turn gamma and brightness all the way up to see fully at night anyway.

Sounds good Not much of a use since people turn gamma and brightness all the way up to see fully at night anyway.

Not since the last beta(s) they are not.

Why is that?

I would love a pistol That has a flashlight simply because it would make it look cool but i know deep down It's just for the looks.

Ducktape+any 2 items = combo

i was thinking the same, but it can or cant be an item, just represented in the model itself

i was thinking the same' date=' but it can or cant be an item, just represented in the model itself

[/quote']

It's really easy to make a new model so it's up to the devs if this idea gets enough support.

Why is that?

After the arma2 beta with the tonal mapping change, max hdr, gamma and brightness now look like this...not my screen btw, but its the same for me ingame.

Why is that?

After the arma2 beta with the tonal mapping change' date=' max hdr, gamma and brightness now look like this...not my screen btw, but its the same for me ingame.

[/quote']

Awesome!

I might start playing at night time again.

Duct tape surely?

But yeah, would be a good idea.

Duct tape surely?

Both names are correct.

+1.

Id be willing to produce a few "Modified" models.

However Rocket always brings up the matter of current server load to do with scripts, with storing MORE information on a sever regarding ones own customized equipment this may not be possible.

Other than that, yeah i whole heatredly support a flashlight on weapon mod.

Other than that more alternative lightsources could be a viable thing. Trashcan fires, lighting wood on fire.

Not very realistic, can't duct tape a flashlight to any automatic pistol, because of the slide action. If you don't want to chose between a handgun and a flashlight, use the 12 hours of daylight to find a Glock, Remington or a M4A3.

Not very realistic' date=' can't duct tape a flashlight to any automatic pistol, because of the slide action. If you don't want to chose between a handgun and a flashlight, use the 12 hours of daylight to find a Glock, Remington or a M4A3.

[/quote']

SUPERGLUE!

Yeah maybe a rifles only thing

Plus, even if you managed to tape your generic flashlight to a Makarov, it would be rather cumbersome.