Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack (DayZ)

Alt+F4ing/Aborting Stunts

i was on a Private Hive server earlier and i encountered a few people.

one, was a sniper on the hill above Chernogorsk - i shot him; however, he alt+f4ed.

two, some guy was running infront of the gas station in Chernogorsk - he saw me, and aborted.

the sniper had an AS50, the other had an AKS-74 /w Kobra

i encountered another guy, a freshly spawned guy on the coast. he didn't disconnect.

this fucking shit needs to stop, right fucking now. it pisses me off when i have a fair kill (or even a guy to meet) and they disconnect because they're a pussy.

why do you bother disconnecting with an AS50 and AKS-74 /w Kobra, when both are easy to find and also both fairly shitty?

I'm sure they're ever so happy to be complimented by the use of the 'cunt' and 'pussy'. Ever so happy to be called something that is part of something magnificent; the human body.

Also, would you mind justifying why the AS50 is 'fairly shitty'? It is an anti material sniper rifle that has a range of 1200 meters, can destroy a vehicle with one bullet, will kill with one bullet and is fairly quiet...

If you are a sniper and are prepared to kill people, you better be ready to be killed.

Get over it. If war was fair you're doing it wrong; of course people will alt f4 or abort to save their character, it's in their best interest to fuck you over anyway.

Alt f4'ers miss out on the whole point of the game, just relocate and wait for them to relog in and hopefully get them before they abort again.

I'm sure they're ever so happy to be complimented by the use of the 'cunt' and 'pussy'. Ever so happy to be called something that is part of something magnificent; the human body.

Also, would you mind justifying why the AS50 is 'fairly shitty'? It is an anti material sniper rifle that has a range of 1200 meters, can destroy a vehicle with one bullet, will kill with one bullet and is fairly quiet...

ohh i had a previous clan tell me that it was the loudest in the game, i knew it was one of the more quiet ones but no, they were all so right and got all girly about it, i left that clan though but yeah, it is silent and deadly.

Has been happening for months. It's not going to stop just because you asked them too either.

Hopefully some sort of mechanic will be in the stand alone to alleviate the alt+f4 problem.

Until then , have a look at the DayZRedux mod, It has deterrents in place for this very problem. ( Link in my sig )

• Like 1

I'm with you man. I have never done it nor has it crossed my mind to do so. These people need to repent for their sins (Alt+F4 is evil). :D

Yea it happens, just know most of them are perfectly aware that they are huge sissies. As a newb I did it twice in combat and was told by an IRL friend that it was a bitch move and I responded that each time I felt like a bitch. When I started taking my legitimate deaths I actually had more fun and gained a new respect for the game, so in reality they are the ones missing out on an awesome game. If I see who it is I will shame them later if side chat is enabled (pay attention to the timed out message from battleye that pops up after someone disconnects), hell I actually got two people banned from a private server over the weekend due to them being repeat offenders. It was way too funny to see them protest followed quickly by the banhammer.

I'm with you man. I have never done it nor has it crossed my mind to do so. These people need to repent for their sins (Alt+F4 is evil). :D

Zombie Jesus is not without sin and I would like to publicly repent for my shameful act of extreme douchebaggery.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 2

Frustrating i know - the one i hate the most is the fuckwit who tries to shoot you, fails, and when you return fire or hit him, he Alt-F4's. That really shits me to tears!

I am sure a mechanic will be put in place - i recommend an [Alt-F4 PUSSY] before their name when they log back in next and allow Side Chat for a minute or two so everyone on the server can call him out as a coward.

I alt f4 twice. Once was after I had just cleared out of elektro, then some douche with an as5o campin the hill took two shots at me, I dropped and aborted. I only did that to preserve my gun, which was the first good one I had ever gotten.

The second time was when I had everything m4a1 cco sd. Straight after I did I logged back in to give them the kill cos I felt like a douchebag, but they had cleared out (my laptop takes a while to load sometimes)

Get over it. If war was fair you're doing it wrong; of course people will alt f4 or abort to save their character, it's in their best interest to fuck you over anyway.

Trolling softly.

@OP

AS50 is a really good gun.. and it's not hard to hipfire the thing if crosshairs are on either, it's still almost pinpoint accurate. The only reason it's easy to find is because hackers are running around spawning them for themselves only to die and lose it.

Rocket has stated they will 'try' to fix this in standalone.

Don't get your hopes up.

Rocket2Guns @thebluerising That is part of the considerations, we'll be trying those sorts of things during our technology tests

Oh, I do know of this problem. And yes, may zombie Jesus forgive me, I have done it myself. But alas, I have rid myself of the alt-f4 pussy in me, unless it's a teleporting douchebag.

But, the reason I want to reply:

I used to play on a Minecraft server (bear with me) which was mainly focused around trade and PvP. The main problem with PvP there was that people alt-f4'ed almost all the time. We consulted with the server host, and he implemented a thing where if you disconnected in PvP, a Steve bot would "take over your body" with all your gear for a minute I think.

What if Rocket just implemented the same thing, something like... When you log off, your character would stay in the game for like, 5-10 seconds? I mean, it would be safe to log out when out of PvP, because 5-10 seconds is not going to matter when you log off in a safe place, but in PvP, it would grant players the ability to return fire upon someone, and kill them, even if they logged off. I think it's a great idea, I don't know if anyone else has suggested this (probably) but I believe that it would take some of the alt-f4 problems away.

Yes, no?

Trouble is, I don't see a good way round it. The only real suggestion I have seen is to have the player persist for a short while after they have exited out. Trouble with that is that I have a truly awful internet connection and get booted for high ping or just lose connection completely on a regular basis. I'm not overly enamoured with the idea of my guy hanging around looking vacant while I'm screaming and shouting at my router again. I kinda like the fact that my dude blinks out of existence immediately.

As for those that do it... Well, it's cheating. Plain and simple. Doing it just because you've got yourself a shiny new gun or whatever is no excuse - It's still cheating. As in all walks of life there are those that will cheat and those that won't. I don't lose any sleep over it.

I just alt-f4'd from a hacker. The only mitigating circumstance.

Took 10 seconds afk with clan members raiding the NEAF, only 1 other person on the server, I checked all directions and ran for the toilet, ran back in, bleeding, shocked, broken bone. No possible way that the guy got to me in seconds flat so I feel justified in my actions (he also teleported to my clan mates 100m away and 2 of them with not so great gear).

If he'd been legit, I would have fought (and got my stuff back from my mates) but fuck hackers.

The only thing I love about this thread is that a forum mod altered the title ingeniously. Beans and kudos.