Skat3rat

Where was I and What Happened?

As I recall what happened please keep in mind that with what hackers are capable of doing could explain what happened to me.

Anyways a little less than two weeks ago my CD Key was stolen. I contacted BOI and they gave me one long email reply of what to do. I decided that I would wait until my Key is actually banned to reply to the email. The first two days the hacker messed with me. He spawned me some gear, and I killed myself. The second time he teleported me to God knows where. I got myself killed by quickly hitting the respawn button. Note that each of the things that he did to me he did while I wasn't on.

That was the last time he messed with me. Until two days ago that is... I logged into server US 3332 (My home server) and as it was loading me in I went AFK to grab a quick bite to eat. I came back to find myself in the debug fields, shaking, without gear, and in the bottom left corner it saying, "Skat3rat Died" I was able to move around. I aborted and rejoined thinking it must of been some glitch.

I re spawn in the middle of some woods with my coyote pack but nothing else. I had the no items respawn glitch happen to me before but not while keeping my backpack. As I look around to see where I am I realize that it is night time now. I look around and only see trees as far as the eye can see. The woods were so dense that I couldn't see the sky. Everything was pitch black and near impossible to make out. Deciding that I'll just go and play regular Arma, I log off.

Today I log in and find myself in a new place. It is still pitch black but I'm no longer in the middle of the woods. I'm on a road that seems to stretch on forever in both directions with trees along both sides of the road. I start server hopping and trying to find a daytime server to see a bit better and hopefully determine where I am. Each server I join appears to be nightime and still pitch black.

I decided to join 3332 and try and find some kind of town (The little info thing in the bottom right corner won't tell me where I am). I look into the sky to see if I can manage to navigate using the stars when I notice that it's only empty blackness. I look at both directions of the road and try to determine where to go. I'm thinking to myself that this hacker guy really screwed me over now, but I can't figure out how and why everything is so dark. The only thing I could think of was that I was having terrible luck with every server I join being night.

In one direction there is complete blackness. In the other direction there appears to be some sort of light. It was very dim though, almost no light at all. I check to see if anyone is on. It's just me.

"Maybe someone was on just a few minutes ago and started a campfire. Or threw a flare or chemlight," I thought to myself.

I started running towards the light in full sprint. As I got closer the light almost seemed to get farther but at the same time larger...

I stopped and stared at it. I honestly began getting a big freaked out.

"What is going on? What the frick did this hacker guy do to me? Where did he teleport me!?" I began saying out loud.

I started running towards the light again. After about a minute or two I thought I heard someone. I quickly yelled asking if someone was there. No reply. I checked to see if there were any players on again but still, it was only me. I chuckled.

"I'm getting paranoid again," I laughed. It happens to everyone on this game. I decided to try running the other direction now. It didn't seem that I was making any progress going the other way. I thought maybe it was just a lighting glitch. The other direction seemed to go into complete blackness and I was running towards it, I noticed for the first time that the trees were all exactly the same. Not the slightest bit of difference. They all were in the exact same collom. As if they were on an imaginary line.

Out of nowhere a loud screech let out. My heart stopped and I swear it skipped a beat. I was paralyzed with fear. The scream sounded like it came right behind me. I turned around but saw nothing. I began debating what to do. Still no one was on. There were no zombies and it seemed as if I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. Everytime I freak out in this game I begin shaking IRL. At that moment my shaking was some of the worst it's ever been. I want to log off, I want to get out of here, I want to find out where I am, and I want to find out who or what is messing with me.

Then as I turned around to start running back in the direction I was just going... I saw someone. He was standing no more than 20 meters in front of me, completely black with no distinguishable feature. If I had a weapon I would of sprayed every last bullet into him. But since I had nothing I could only just stare at him. He didn't move. Just stood there. I couldn't tell if he was facing me or facing the way I was going. Still no one was on and I yelled out in a panicked and terrified voice asking him who he was.

"Who the hell are you!?" I yelled out again. It had to be a hacker I thought to myself. Another scream was let out but this time in a high pitch that made my ears ring for several minutes. I threw off my headset and was about to abort when something happened... I found myself in complete blackness. Not the blackness I was just in. No I could make out SOME things in that dark. The darkness I was now in made everything undistinguishable. I kept my headphones off in fear that another scream would be let loose. I'm glad I did. A scream that I'm pretty sure damaged my headphones ringed out. It was like a death cry but at the same time a war cry. All around me flames reaching as high as I could see appeared. A few seconds later I recieve the, "You are dead" screen. With relief I abort. I go to find another server that is somewhat populated and respawn. With one of the best feelings I've ever had in this game, I find myself on the shores in daytime...

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 2

Nice story. Even hackers cannot change the world on every server and re-arrange trees. Nice story though.

Skat3rat, I still feel bad for you about losing your CD Key but I still think you should log out jumping off a building every time, just for the lolz. If it happens again you need to run fraps.

I woulda been freaked out too. Really it's moments like this, for whatever reason hacker or not, that make this game for me. I've had a few X Files experiences, but nothing approaching this one. Sounds like you may have gotten your key stolen by the Aphex Twin or some shit.

Slendertranny.

Man Steak and Potatoes and you really love your trannies. I see a trip to Thailand in your future.

Is this a damn story or an actual event?

Either way, it was interesting. A good read, chap.

Event

Skat3rat, I still feel bad for you about losing your CD Key but I still think you should log out jumping off a building every time, just for the lolz. If it happens again you need to run fraps.

I would of ran fraps but my computer only gets like 2-5 fps with it XD. And as for the jumping off a building and logging off thing, I'm going to start doing that once I join a private hive. It'll be so much fun to piss him off doing that.