grounddog

Winchester rifle is wrong!

I searched but didn't find a thread on about this, if there is somewhere written about this or I missed a thread accidentaly then please notice me.

But my point is that Winchester rifle is not a shotgun!

Why is this so horribly done? We really need something to be taken into consideration. I doubt making the winchester into a rifle using .45 ACP bullets like the revolver.

And modify the revolver sounds a bit and replace it with the winchester sounds and there, youll be done!

This is a huge issue because really they shouldnt be so horribly easy to find and ammo everywhere.

When I last checked we are in a russian style territory rather than American.

The russian loot should be way WAY more higher than all of the american stuff.

Try to get a mosin nagant into the game like the lee enfield or get the german Geweher 41 or 43

I dont know just change the damn winchester to something else. Its way too over powered and way way too silent and also way too easy to find + the ammo is everywhere!

I find more 1866 pellets and slugs than soda or cans of beans. That is not normal!

And again! Winchester is NOT a shotgun! I havent seen this brought up ever before. This is a huge mess up in the game. This has to be changed!

Make more WW2 era weapons to be found in this mod

A winchester rifle from 1866? That is just ridicolous!

Big portion of this thought is also by my fellow player Rikard. We both stand on this mistake being fixed ASAP.

And makarov mags in satchels are a**holes!

It's a shotgun/Rifle. :D

And its strange you're finding ammo for winchester more often than food and drinks. I have been finding so much of that lately, but so little of the ammo.. :O

Someone clearly never used to play cowboys and indians as a child. Yes the 1866 was a repeater it by no means ever used .45 govt, the first model that ever used a .45 as is in the revolver was 1886.

Right as for ww2 weapons that is also slightly far fetched as there are currently more winchester repeaters in the world today than there are of any WW2 weapon. I understand you may prefer WW2 weapons but really? Winchesters are still produced today, if MP40s were made today then possibly might be justifiable.

Although the main reason for the Winchester being put in is me loving it and when we were searching for more low grade weaponry to stick in. I suggested it and someone found a model and I bought it.

Now I can somewhat understand your grievance but it isn't really a game breaker? It accidently being made a shotgun rather than a repeater was my fault because I was talking people about all the different types of Winchesters that we could possibly look at. Which could have been misinterpreted.

Yep we want to tidy it up but it isn't on the to do as soon as possible list.

Iunno... It'd be pretty sweet to run around with a Karabiner 98k Zf42... And, as for German WW2 weaponry being rare in a Russian state; after the War, Russia stockpiled captured arms for use in future conflicts (Especially with the Western Bloc.)

While, Russia did ship most of these weapons out to other countries about the time of the Cold War, it'd still be possible to find them.

Meh. I'm satisfied with the current weapons for now. :3

more Soviet weapons should be found then western hemisphere weapons, weapons like the SKS Mosin Nagant, and just general hunting rifles also if you can find newer models of the Winchester that would make a little more sense then having the first model of the Winchesters in the mod

Winchester is truly a bit op. You can find it in every farm, barn, house, whatever, wills stumble over tons of ammo, can one shot other players and Zeds and is really really accurate.

So it is probably the overall best weapon. You should think about reducing the loot chance on ammo (maybe 2% instead of 5% at generic loot) or reduce accuracy significantly (slugs only accurate until 10-20m). Anyway it is currently a major balance issue.

Still i love the weapon model and idea of finding this "standard" rifle on nearly every farm.

Maybe you wanna give a bit more love to the crossbow? Give steelbolts in packs of 2-4 and let it reload a bit faster.

If you play through the Arma 2 campaign, you will know why there is plenty of western guns

You probably never knew this but the "Rifle" as you like to call it can use .410 Shotgun shells as well as .45 Long Colt rounds as long as it is a smooth bore.

So my point is to add .45 Long Colt ammunition to the game.

Don't worry about the Makarov Magazines, they will soon have a model.

~Derranged

Right as for ww2 weapons that is also slightly far fetched as there are currently more winchester repeaters in the world today than there are of any WW2 weapon.

I really doubt that.

There were around 37 million Mosin-Nagant rifles, nearly 15 million Kar98k, 17 million Lee-Enfields and around 6 million M1 Garands made while most numerous Winchester rifle is the 1894 model with 7.5 million made and second numerous is 1892 with 1 million made.

I don't see any way that Winchester repeaters could have been made more than Mosin-Nagants.

Grounddog, your signature is so annoying I had to stop reading your post.

I would like to see more WW2 large caliber rifles. Also, more pistols.

The winchester is way too powerful to be such an easy find. The other day I found an M1014 and was like, hells to the yeah, this thing should be badass. I use it for a few zombies and realize that the winchester I dropped for it held twice as much ammo and was just as powerful.

If you don't want to tweak the winchester at least switch out its spawns with the M1014, which is the weaker of the two right now.

It'd be pretty sweet to run around with a Karabiner 98k Zf42.

The cz550 is a civilian variant of the k98 so you already have one, it's chambered in 7mm popularly because parts of Europe banned the sale of ex-military weapons/calibers, AFAIK it comes in 8mm Mauser too though and it's probably the most popular bolt design in existence. Might be nice to have the gun come in a scoped and an ironsight version though.

A Nagant might be nice, a base model could take the place of the Enfield and that could be balanced down to be a bit quieter, TBH I think there's too much Winchester ammo lying around considering how quiet and deadly it is, it's the go-to gun for much of the game and it just doesn't feel right, a quieter Enfield with the current drop rates would be about right.

The thing I would most like to see though (which flashpoint/arma games have always fucked up) is some reload sounds on the long guns, it really sucks having a bolt gun/lever action and having no indication at all as to when the next round is in the chamber, sometimes that Winchester feels like you're firing in slow motion or something because of the lack of sound.

When I say Winchester Repeater I include all of the Winchesters that could be misconstrewd to be the one ingame, so everything from the Carbine to the Yellow Boy. There is the Lee Enfield if you really want to play War games.

The mosin should NOT be quieted down. Those sons of bitches are LOUD.

Mosin nagant should be in for the eye candy, but lee works just as good, and a cheap shotgun like winchester is needed.

For now, its allright, but im sure devs will add more and more quality stuff into it. Remember, its just an alpha, proof of concept more or less.

Okay in my opinion there should be then two winchesters

One with slugs, one with pellets. Because you are with this getting two guns in one.

And I suggested .45 ACP because .44 isnt in this game if I aint wrong.

They really should be rather more rare or much less accurate. Its unfair that there is right now a gun so OP over other guns.

Well, just some kind of a solution. Keep all the stuff the same but make the winchester less accurate or something. Its really good but its too easy to get.

And WW2 are not far fetched. Winchester rifles are far fetched in Russian/Czech areas. That weapon is common in the states maybe yes. But I am very sure there are farmers in post - soviet areas with WW2 rifles. Just please, the winchester just doesnt fit so much here.

I just beg you, please do something about this. I mean it might not be a high priority but still. This could be changed soon.

Winchester is already inaccurate with slugs.

It's the best starter weapon if you are not intending to do PVP and even in bandit group it's good to have guy or two with Winchesters in case of zombie horde.

I think Winchester should be 2 separate weapons, maybe keep Winchester as anti-zombie rifle using .44 Henry it used IRL and add entry level pump-action shotgun like Remington 870 as relatively common anti-zombie shotgun.

BTW. The rate of fire of the Winchester is quite low when compared to how fast you can shoot a lever-action gun IRL. Of course this is balanced by insanely fast reload but I would prefer more realistic approach of high RoF and slow reload speed.

As much as I LOVE my lever guns, I'd really really love to see mosins in the game. They are : 1) One of the most plentiful manual action rifles ever made. Ever. 2) Completely suitable for the area of Chernarus. 3) Awesomely rugged, accurate (mine are more accurate than I am), cheap, hard hitting, long ranged... and have a bayonet!. Perfect Zombie Apocalypse Survival Rifle.

Please pls please give us Mosins. Long ones, m44's with the folding bayonet, m38s (no bayonets sadly), I don't care, but give me my 7.62x54r! :)

Though the fireball produced by M44 during night would give away your position everyone within 2 kilometers from you. :D

My issue with making it so there are two Winchesters is that if you can shoot buckshot then you can shoot slugs, thus rendering the other version pointless unless it was significantly more accurate.

I've been saying this for a while, scrap the 15 round mag and make it the 8 round 1014 mag. It makes the 1866 less OP and makes the other shotguns more of an option. It also makes the 1866 have a more realistic magazine size.