Publik

Rocket I love you: Going out of bounds - exploit or acceptable?

I think the map area should have limited borders. But I also think that there should be a fix for ghosting into other peoples camps if their forced to keep them in map limits.

These two should be addressed simultaneously.

I see loads of ppl are complaining about this issue . . . . . . .

I wonder to myself how many are itchy trigger finger bandits . . . . . . .

I reserve judgement on this case for now tho - i am in 2 minds tbh

The fact that this is even a debate is pretty fucking sad.

This. It's obviously an exploit' date=' thankfully the devs are looking into stopping this crap.

[/quote']

This is an issue for the same reason nighttime being pitch black during a full moon is an issue. The hardcore "click" hates to lose any advantage they get.

I find the fact that people use camps to stash gear in order to reequip new characters to be lame in itself. The point of having permanent death is to force people to start with nothing when they make a new character. If everybody is going to stash items so they can instantly reequip, you may as well start every new character with a primary.

It's the same as a game of football except you take away the ball. People try to find vehicles' date=' assholes take them out of the map where people don't bother looking. Shows that they're scared to lose their loot and enjoy an unfair advantage over others.

[/quote']

My only issue with this is what banananaker said. People stash vehicles way off the map. I used to play exclusively on one server, only finding one vehicle, which a player had broken, at the north west airfield. There arent even any clans on that server...

Needless to say I found a vehicle when I joined a fresh server on my first day of play.

As someone who has attempted to build camps outside of map boundaries I can tell you that it's pretty much undoable now. Afaik you can place tents out of the boundaries but you cannot actually interact with them, and that also counts for any item you drop outside the map boundaries aswell (buggy behaviour, you can only see tents when you look at them with a zoomed view or bino's).

Also due to some vehicle hotfixes there's a chance for vehicles to explode/despawn when they are outside of map boundaries, we've already had it happen to us once after a server reboot.

This just means you have to find a good hiding spot within the map boundaries and hope for the best. As a member from a pretty big group (8+) I can say that this is actually a good thing, because it makes it hard for us to have keep alot of vehicles around. This causes us to 'ditch' vehicles we really don't need and it gives other players a chance to obtain a vehicle and reap its benefits :D.

It fudges the gameplay quite a bit' date=' but short of using a true island there's no real way to enforce any restrictions on it.

[/quote']

You are going to die. Maybe you die today, maybe you die tomorrow. There's no getting around that. Accept your mortality; the only thing you can change is how and why.

you also change WHEN you die so not really actually:rolleyes:

If you want to prevent this sort of thing just wipe all objects placed outside the map at every server restart. Case closed. Disclaimer: Only read part of this thread, so this might have already been mentioned.

No it's just a coincidence and random game design element that every other area of the map you just do the running man when you get to the edge but you can go infinitely with this particular section for some reason.

It's lame if you're hoarding all the vehicles up there. That basically deprives any other players of transport.

It would be very very easy to place a boarder around the whole map that Gives you a message saying something like

"YOU ARE ENTERING A RADIO ACTIVE ZONE YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO RETURN"

after 30 seconds you char dies and all vehicles and gear get removed/destroyed.

Its already used in the very popular Warfare BE mission

Going out of bounds is unrealistic and abusive. This is clear to anyone with something in their skull besides chicken soup.

^ This. It's a fraking exploit! How can that be unclear?

Reading this I am surprised of the amount of negativity towards off the map areas. Would it still be considered an "exploit" if it was textured with trees, grass, and water and called wilderness? Because REALISTICALLY there is wilderness, not just a few miles of forest but millions of acres around the globe that has not been built upon.

Would everyone agree that an exploit in a game is something that gives another person advantage over another? If the same "exploit" gives it to everyone then no one has an advantage over anyone else.

It would be very interesting to see the areas north and west become habitable with trees, animals, and water...maybe even a few buildings. My realistic view of surviving in the middle of no where, away from any populated area and self sustainable with little need of traveling to town but once in a while for supplies. You all can keep your cities.

It would be very interesting to see the areas north and west become habitable with trees' date=' animals, and water...maybe even a few buildings.

[/quote']

Of course that would be cool. And you could always stretch it further until you have a thing called earth as a map. Probably not gonna happen. Though it would be cool.