merrfack

Liking my new gun combo L85A2 AWS + M4 CCO SD, What's yours?

These two guns are great being that I can use standard SD in both weapons. Just curious as to what other peoples combo's are.

Mk 48 & dmr. Machine gun for zombie killing and dmr for players perfect combo for me :)

hatchet and bottles of whiskey, not the empty one..

Edited by snowcrAsh42

Machine gun + a sniper. AS50 is the best and the Mk48 + SAW are both a lot of fun. L85 is good for spotting but if you don't need the thermal help the machine guns are quite beasts in firefights.

L85 - for spotting and close range combat, and helping other players at close range

DMR - switch to this if over 300m for players and long range zombie killing

I really love the M14 for personal defence. DMR is cool too, but it's too offencive, and I'm not into sniping/griefing/"banditry". While the paradigm for the M14 is mostly defencive, the DMR's paradigm is pre-emptive, and that prevents me from getting into interactions with other players.

I find the CCO's to be too inaccurate, especially on burst or auto, but I do like the flashlight and the noob tube. Also the SD version is OK for cleaning out zeds, but really, we all know the real badge of honour in this game is having the lowest kill-count for zeds on the server.

Oh, and the L85 is for pussies. The only time it is legitimately used, is for rooting out griefers on Sniper Hill. Other than that, it should only be allowed back into the game when all hackers are banished.

Edited by kebman

Not sure...I'm switching between the Mk 48 mod 0 w/ DMR and the M14 AIM w/ M4A3 CCO. I don't need an M4A1 CCO SD because I have an M9SD.

I think next time I play I'll be using the M4A3 CCO and AS50. Something like that.

[weird double post]

Edited by Inception.

Oh, and the L85 is for pussies. The only time it is legitimately used, is for rooting out griefers on Sniper Hill. Other than that, it should only be allowed back into the game when all hackers are banished.

Sorry mate, but your assumption is really stupid and one-sided. Can you please elaborate upon why it is 'for pussies'? And how do you know that the only time is it legitimately used is for rooting out people on Sniper Hill? [it's used for scanning treelines, scanning for hostiles whilst in a firefight...I could go on and on and on. I use it for those things, and so do a lot of people].

Sorry mate, but your assumption is really stupid and one-sided. Can you please elaborate upon why it is 'for pussies'? And how do you know that the only time is it legitimately used is for rooting out people on Sniper Hill? [it's used for scanning treelines, scanning for hostiles whilst in a firefight...I could go on and on and on. I use it for those things, and so do a lot of people].

No shit, Captain Obvious! :D It just feels stupid and one sided because you probably use the L85 yourself. Just beause you're an L85 user doesn't deminish the truth of my argument.

Look, if you need OP aids for "scanning treelines", then obviously you're not as tough as the guys who can make due nicely without it, i.e.... you must be a pussy for using such an OP weapon. Not only that, but chances are that you're a hacker as well, or that a hacker gave it to you. So while I'm willing to let you have the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being a "pussy" (for all I know, you're the next Charles Bronson), I would have no qualms calling you a cheater if that's how you got the L85 - same goes from finding it in a hacker-box.

It is my opinion that the L85 should be removed from DayZ until duping and spawning it in is made impossible. As for now, the only reason it's so prevalent, is because hackers dupe and spawn it into the mod because it's a very helpful aid to people who suck at the game, and thus are pussies who dare not learn how to defend them selves legitimately.

The only legitimate use for the L85 is rooting out griefers over Elektro, because - just as for the L85 users - the majority of those players are hackers who only play to grief, and do not have any real skill. Then I'm all OK with such an OP weapon being used.

• Like 1

I agree, the only reason I carry it is to spot those asshole AS50 thermals before they spot me. If thermals were not in the game i would be happy.

I even play on a private server with a modified chernarus that removes all night vision and thermals, it runs a private program or script that detects the items on a player when they join or leave a server so then the item is removed from them. (I dont know how it works, I just know the admins can detect NV goggles and any weapon that uses one of those sights and they are removed from the player) Anyone found with these items in game would have to have hacked them in on this server and anyone killed and found by an admin is banned from the server.

If L85 is for pussies then what is an AS50 thermal for? they have about 15x the range and 100x the killing power and yet every other bandit has one.

And my L85 was aqquired at a heli crash, so it has nothing to do with hackers as they all carry AS50 thermals

No hackers get L85s in the game when they can have AS50 thermals, you dont know what your talking about.

L85s are more common than you think, i must have seen 10-15 at heli crashes, a lot of which are at my camp

And really? You think their overpowered? They have a 300m effective range, thats hardly overpowered and it takes 3-4 shots to kill a player, any sniper can outshoot someone with this weapon.

I dont think thermal should be in the game, but all of your points are invalid, ive never seen a hacker use an L85 or have mass people use them. Your more likely to see 5 people with AS50 thermals in a group than you would see 1-2 L85s in a group of 5 people

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

You've got heli crashes in your camp???

If L85 is for pussies then what is an AS50 thermal for?

An über-pussy!

I've lost count of tall the heli crashes I've found. Also I've stopped counting the times I've been to the NWAF barracks. Never found an L85 or NVG. But hey, I may just have been unlucky. If you found yours legitimately, then OK, you're not a pussy. It is still my opinion that weapons like those have no place in DayZ. Also blaming hackers as an excuse for keeping an L85 is lame. At least admit that you love the god-like and unfair advantage the weapon gives you.

Found a M4 Holo SD at a crashed heli, used that with an L85. No sidearm with full slots of M203 HE's n such

Ended up dropping a HE on a guy later that day, was so satisfying! Its like getting a hole-in-one in golf!

last week i managed to kill a bandit with an L85 and M4A1 Holo.

played with it a while, L85 is a little bit boring to be honest, i liked the look of the M4A1 Holo, it feels so good shooting the gun. yes i killed 11 people with it on the airfield and then my leg got broken from a zombie and i died :(

I only carry one primary. I find it difficult to carry two primaries and ammo for two as well as all the basic survival gear I keep as a standard. My favorite weapon is the M14, but when I can't keep up ammo on that I will opt for an AKM as they are easier to get and so is the ammo.

AKM and G17.

Mostly cos I can never seem to find anything better. Or if I do there's no ammo for it. I'm not dropping my AKM and plentiful ammo for a gun with only one mag and little chance of finding more. I was trying to build up a stash of ammo in various tents but everything I store gets stolen or eaten by the tent.

M16A2 and a Glock. Not an uber pro murderer, just a survivor.

The reason I got an M16 this time is because that's the first weapon I found. And on top of that, I have 6 SD mags for it. And then 6 of the normal mags.

Edited by Sutinen