rocket

DO NOT POST YOUR GLOBAL BAN APPEALS

Hi,

I was globally banned ( #26b8 ) and I don't understand why.

Let me give you a break down of my last 24 hours on Day-Z

on 08/06/12 me and a teammate were shot and killed by an invisible person. I lost all my important items (NVGs and gps). thankfully my friends arrived within minutes and retrieved the rest of my gear.

on 08/07/12 my main server I play on us 1298 flooded by someone spawning battleships everywhere. The server lagged so bad that it was unplayable and me and my friends had to find another server to play on.

on 08/07/12 while still hunting for gear to replace the stuff I lost to the hacker on 08/06 I read a message from a server admin (on server 1930). the admin, "Jake" said he was going to restart the server. I dumped out and rejoined 5min later only to be kicked by him. No reason was given. only the admin and I were on the server. I rejoined and he kicked me again. Again, no reason was given. When I rejoined he reset the server twice more. moments later he flew over me in a helo. I left the server. He was obviously abusing his server rights.

on 08/08/12 while still looking to place my lost gear I was shot at by someone who spawned behind me. There were two people on the server (me and him) and I was in a forest in the middle of no where and it was night time. I logged out frustrated and took a break from the game.

on 08/08/12 on a different server I was teleported high in the air in one of the cities and dropped to my death. I didn't notice the server number :(. I logged out in disgust.

So in the last 24 hours I've been (and my teammates) have been chased off our server, lost the hard to get items I spent hours hunting for, been abused by lowskill scripters and server admins, AND lost ALL of the rest of my gear, including the ghille suit that I had just found after hours of searching.

Today when I tired to log in I find that I am globally banned! For what?!?! if I am a hacker I am the worst hacker in the history of the internet.

I am pretty upset right now, and am really curious why I've been banned.

It seems that you're system rewards corrupt server admins and actual hackers.

I submitted tickets to you and to BE. Thier support page is very vague. This is my first contact with BE, but so far they seem rather incompetent.

I know posting in here won't help my case, but maybe it will help others that have had this same thing happen to them.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm getting a global ban notification, here's the email I just sent to the Battleye support team, it explains it pretty well. If I get a response I will post it.

Q6600 3.0 Ghz

4Gb Ram

GTX 550 TI SC

Windows 7 64

ARMA II OA build 95417

Dayz v1.7.2.4

Ingame name: Nibl/Tony

I've legitimately been playing DayZ for a few weeks now. Yesterday, two friends and I were playing on server US 751. My game crashed, and every time after the crash I was stuck on the final loading screen. While trying to resolve my issue my friend was driving along in our truck and he was ejected from the truck and killed. (I assume hackers were present

) I was completely stuck on 1.62.95417. (Using Dayz version 1.7.2.4) I exhausted all ideas I had to fix the issue and went for a complete reinstall. I completely uninstalled all files and got rid of the entries in the registry. I downloaded the game overnight while I slept and installed it tonight. The programs I run in the background are as follows: AVG Internet Security 2012, Fraps, Razer Synapse 2.0, Nvidia Drivers, Logitech Gaming Software 8.30.86, Game Booster 3, and ThrottleStop.

I've successfully installed Arma II + Arma II OA + Dayz quite a few times for my buddies.

When I join a server I can see people in it. When I click OK to enter the server I receive this global ban notification: You were kicked off the game. (Battleye: Global Ban #4c20)

I then tried deleting entries in the registry again and have the games recreate them by opening them sequentially. Didn't work. However, I can join private @hive servers, just like before when it got stuck on the final loading screen.

I've tried using my other hard drive with a previously working install on it. Still got the notification. So now I'm pretty sure I was banned :(.

Thank you for your time if this email just didn't get buried,

a DayZ enthusiast,

Tony.

Last night i was playing DayZ like normal and logged off like normal and this morning i trying getting on and i get Ban Screen "You were Kicked off the game (battleEye Global ban #4385) WTF ive done nothing at all and i would just like to play dayz can you please look into this.. Steam and Arma 2 Name OMFGABEAR Please fix it

Same thing happened to me, was playing fine for about 2 hours, try to log onto a server today, "Global Ban #cf44".. Wut

Also, Why are you using BattleEye? Seems fairly unreliable to me to be honest, why not use say.. Punkbuster?

So, let me get this straight, BattleEye doesn't check the emails, so i won't get unbanned?

As is outlined at the top of this thread, you need to appeal to Battleye, not these forums.

There is literally nothing we can do about these global bans because that's the way the system is built.

Global bans are not issued, nor are they controlled by the DayZ team. You can read rockets post again, if it helps.

Posting how much you dislike battleye or telling the dev team not to use it is not going to result in it not being used. It's part of the mod at this point.

And yes, when you post that an email address with [at] doesn't work, and you don't know to change to @... Most think you are trolling.

Edited by Disgraced

As is outlined at the top of this thread, you need to appeal to Battleye, not these forums.

There is literally nothing we can do about these global bans because that's the way the system is built.

Global bans are not issued, nor are they controlled by the DayZ team. You can read rockets post again, if it helps.

Posting how much you dislike battleye or telling the dev team not to use it is not going to result in it not being used. It's part of the mod at this point.

And yes, when you post that an email address with [at] doesn't work, and you don't know to change to @... Most think you are trolling.

Battleye doesn't have forums for us to QQ on, it makes us feel better knowing other people are in our boat, and keeps us hopefull. That, is why we post here.

• Like 1

how retarted can it get?

battleye is just dumb or retarted i dont know actually....

as you may know, yesterday I posted last video and after it i logged out. Result = global ban, haha

good job battleye, keep up the worse job, retarted ones :)

thanks dayz, had good times, not thinking of buying the game again just because those dumb idiots

• Like 2

Any word from battleye to anyone? Globally banned for installing 95777 here and haven't received any response to my email.

Yup I got a global ban last night, I have no idea why. Have send my appeals to BE and still had no response. Which is bollocks.

I have not hacked/cheated anything. I logged on to a server to empty out an a nice ATV I had found on it earlier, then tried jumping on to my "home" server and got the global ban message.

Pure bullshit if the picked something malicous on my PC and haven't told me.

• Like 1

Hi,

I was globally banned ( #26b8 ) and I don't understand why.

Let me give you a break down of my last 24 hours on Day-Z

on 08/06/12 me and a teammate were shot and killed by an invisible person. I lost all my important items (NVGs and gps). thankfully my friends arrived within minutes and retrieved the rest of my gear.

on 08/07/12 my main server I play on us 1298 flooded by someone spawning battleships everywhere. The server lagged so bad that it was unplayable and me and my friends had to find another server to play on.

on 08/07/12 while still hunting for gear to replace the stuff I lost to the hacker on 08/06 I read a message from a server admin (on server 1930). the admin, "Jake" said he was going to restart the server. I dumped out and rejoined 5min later only to be kicked by him. No reason was given. only the admin and I were on the server. I rejoined and he kicked me again. Again, no reason was given. When I rejoined he reset the server twice more. moments later he flew over me in a helo. I left the server. He was obviously abusing his server rights.

on 08/08/12 while still looking to place my lost gear I was shot at by someone who spawned behind me. There were two people on the server (me and him) and I was in a forest in the middle of no where and it was night time. I logged out frustrated and took a break from the game.

on 08/08/12 on a different server I was teleported high in the air in one of the cities and dropped to my death. I didn't notice the server number :(. I logged out in disgust.

So in the last 24 hours I've been (and my teammates) have been chased off our server, lost the hard to get items I spent hours hunting for, been abused by lowskill scripters and server admins, AND lost ALL of the rest of my gear, including the ghille suit that I had just found after hours of searching.

Today when I tired to log in I find that I am globally banned! For what?!?! if I am a hacker I am the worst hacker in the history of the internet.

I am pretty upset right now, and am really curious why I've been banned.

It seems that you're system rewards corrupt server admins and actual hackers.

I submitted tickets to you and to BE. Thier support page is very vague. This is my first contact with BE, but so far they seem rather incompetent.

I know posting in here won't help my case, but maybe it will help others that have had this same thing happen to them.

Until they find a different anti hack system i think they are going to lose people at a quickening pace. The hacking is really getting out of hand and has ruined this game for many people i would never buy a product this flawed IF i was aware of such a large and possibly unchallenged issue this is a shame as i know your are a legit player from our many runs in game. hopefully dayz comes back from this downward spiral but frankly it seems like they are worried about game glitches but fail to see that with the cheating present you cant accurately gage the mods worth since so many are tainting the results. i think i will looking into dayz when its more then just a concept and look forward to what i think it can be i know many people agree. You are on to something here Rocket , obviously something big but shouldnt the integrity of the mod/game be paramount inorder to provide good data ?

• Like 2

Wait... you're telling me that BattleEye actually bans people?!?!? I really can't believe that i'm afraid :P

It's pretty obvious that battleeye is about as useful for the task they're supposed to do as kitchen towel is for soaking up the Atlantic ocean.

I dispair that Battleeye is most likely going to be used for the standalone DayZ simply because the creators of Dayz are probably tied in a contract with them.

Sorry but they're friggin' useless

Edited by WNxRip
  • Like 3

9.8.2012 20uhr Buy Arma2 and OA I have only 4 hours Dayz gameplay then I get a global ban without a reason.

So I can be understood because of the 25 €'s ass?

So with all these innocent ban stories, if battle-eye investigates some claims and finds a lot of innocent people being banned, what then? Will they unban one by one, or roll back the bans for the past couple of days? They will be in a tough situation but they can't just ignore what's going on.

Look, we don't issue the Global Bans. They are issued by BattlEye. I cannot explain how they are issued, but I reviewed the process. These are very legit bans, issued not by DayZ but by BattlEye.

IF YOU DO: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY HELPFUL REPLIES AS YOU ARE A KNOWN HACKER NOTIFIED BY THE BATTLEYE SYSTEM.

We have NO way of removing your ban. You will receive a ban from these forums if you post such a request, as you have been branded a known hacker.

I want to start this off by saying i support you and your team's efforts to this point. Also i want to clarify that this isn't a be a dick to rocket post.

Really though? This is really your stance on this? "You will receive a ban from these forums if you post such a request, as you have been branded a known hacker." instead of saying something along the lines of "we know alot of people are having issues and we're looking into the problem" you come out and claim that the problem isn't with you game and that every ban is deserved and we're all hackers?

Did Paul Christoforo get a job on the dayz team? All anyone wants is some reassurance that you might be looking into it. Not much to ask from a team who is about to launch a standalone product that many people would have paid 60$ for, and bought a few extra's for friends. We just want to hear that a mistake might have happened and we may get it resolved before the new year. Also it might be time to invest in a P.R. guy.

Ok I thought i'd come here and say something again.

According to a few programmer friends that I know/those who have had this happen before.

BattleEye looks for more than just scripts to identify hacking.

One thing that BattleEye apparantly likes to ban for is Mumble and Teamspeak. The Ingame Overlay that is. In laymans terms Mumble and Teamspeak use a "hook" on the game, other things like hacks can also use hooks. Thats why mumble/teamspeak users can sometimes get banned (probably globally).

Contacting battleeye if you believe you've been globally banned wrongly (if you use teamspeak/mumble ingame) can get you unbanned sometimes.

The fact of the matter is that if battleeye can't distinquish between a mumble/teamspeak ingame overlay and an actual hack then we're going to be in a tough ride because they obviously have potatoes for brains.

Ok I thought i'd come here and say something again.

According to a few programmer friends that I know/those who have had this happen before.

BattleEye looks for more than just scripts to identify hacking.

One thing that BattleEye apparantly likes to ban for is Mumble and Teamspeak. The Ingame Overlay that is. In laymans terms Mumble and Teamspeak use a "hook" on the game, other things like hacks can also use hooks. Thats why mumble/teamspeak users can sometimes get banned (probably globally).

Contacting battleeye if you believe you've been globally banned wrongly (if you use teamspeak/mumble ingame) can get you unbanned sometimes.

The fact of the matter is that if battleeye can't distinquish between a mumble/teamspeak ingame overlay and an actual hack then we're going to be in a tough ride because they obviously have potatoes for brains.

If that is the case then I should of been banned months ago. I use the Teamspeak overlay and have done for as long as I can remember (as have 8-10 clan members) and all have been fine with Battleye.

In programming terms of detecting and seeing the difference between a hack and a Teamspeak/Mumble overlay is quite easy and I don't believe that this is causing a problem with Battleye.

How do you know if you have been banned by BattleEye? Does it have an infinite loading screen or am I supposed to see a "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED" from the BattlEye client (I see no BattlEye client running though)

Anyone know what this is about?

http://youtu.be/i3tAFux_MDE

Thank you.

I AM GETTING THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have never hacked was playing last night cant get on any server today.

not sure if this is battle eye i have emailed them can someone confirm if they can fix this? the wording is the same as in the video, have also updated all my files \ done a steam scan same issue.

its the weekend i really wanted to play ;0(

edit , wait a second i got teleported into the air on us 694 last night and killed , i did hop servers a couple times to see if i could be re spawned on the ground , thats bullshit if i got banned because i was teleported in the air by a hacker

Edited by Gemtech

update: have been un banned , thanks battleeye ;0)

on login i did have to create a new character though , rocket if your deleting banned players from the hive instantly you may want to put a 3 day delay on that , i would have prefered not to have lost my crap but looks like dayz beat me again haha

BattleEye Site wrote:

We're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

Update: The issue has been investigated with the help of Ondrej Spanel (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

We're honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

Edited by Gemtech

update: have been un banned , thanks battleeye ;0)

on login i did have to create a new character though , rocket if your deleting banned players from the hive instantly you may want to put a 3 day delay on that , i would have prefered not to have lost my crap but looks like dayz beat me again haha

You sure we had same problem?

I am still getting that message.

• Like 1

пожалуйста разбанте меня в день зет я не знаю что делать я всё перепробывал а покупать новую день зет я не хочу пожалуйста помогите мне :(

Please razbante me in the day Z I do not know what to do I buy a new pereprobyval and Z Day, I do not want to please help me: (

post-89351-0-49105900-1344696971_thumb.j

What should I do I wait a week for 2 diluted I can no longer wait for the day, Z want to play I really like it and wait for War Z, I think that this is the best game please help! : '(