Sign in to follow this  
Lady Kyrah

Care for your feet!

If you walk barefoot or wear damaged shoes:

• You will lose body temperature very fast (when it's cold or raining).
  • You will walk and run much more slowly.
  • Running has a small chance to wound you.

And in general

• Wet shoes increase the risks of infection.
  • Heels (if they are ever added) offer the normal benefits of shoes but make more noise and have a reduced running speed.
  • Shoes that do not fit you have an added chance of wounding you when running.
  • You make hardly any noise when you walk or run barefoot.
Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 8

Really good idea....trench foot was an issue in both world wars why not today? It's not we always have dry feet. And you don't really have to care about the weather in-game....you feel cold? Chop some wood and you are ready to go in a minute. By heels do you mean high heels? I can't imagine anyone waging war in those. :huh:

Really good idea....trench foot was an issue in both world wars why not today? It's not we always have dry feet. And you don't really have to care about the weather in-game....you feel cold? Chop some wood and you are ready to go in a minute. By heels do you mean high heels? I can't imagine anyone waging war in those. :huh:

I know but i like the idea just because they do exist, between cold wet shoes and dry/warm heeled boots, i'd probably prefer the heels, even if it's not the most "survival ish" footwear, it will do until you find something better, it's certainly better than being barefoot in the rain :p

I want more pieces of gear that make you go "it's less than ideal, but it will do until i find something better".

Sounds good to me, though I can guarantee people will just steal each others' shoes just to trench-foot them to death.

• Like 2

when i was in the marine corps, keeping our feet clean and healthy was of a high priority. this would be cool to have in the game. Great idea

good idea, but its to much, like infection of wet feet?

Edited by DMentMan

good idea, but its to much, like infection of wet feet?

From personal experience, Tinea sucks.

Sounds good to me, though I can guarantee people will just steal each others' shoes just to trench-foot them to death.

It's a very good idea.I suggest if implemented,we give the survivors the ability to craft makeshift shooes/feet wraps from rags or burlap.