Mysticales

[Stress Test] Please join servers UK01, UK02, CZ01, and CZ02. - Oct 13

Hello everyone. Just am asking for people to help stress test primarily servers UK01 and UK02 as those servers can handle more users. However CZ01 and CZ02 would help too. The test is to help with new optimizations and performance improvements which can help with servers as a whole once the data is complete.

So help make the servers cry! Come on in. Play abit. Allow the servers to be FULL! Need them bursting! =D

Some slowdowns and other various stuff. Which is being worked on. =) Which is why the servers have to be filled. =)

inb4 hack attack.

Interestingly enough, I spent most of my Chernarus playing time on those servers and never experienced a hacker. Started to lose interest and finally stopped playing when they removed the chat. Lots of good time was had <3

Yea seems more people had fun with the chat enabled. But yea, these servers are pretty decent. Hackers seem to love other servers more since these arent based in USA heh.

Well, overall you see more people on those private hive servers, especially because of side chat is enabled on most, not all. This might be a thing to reconsider in the standalone version. Make it so that the user can toggle chats he wants to see on and off. Sometimes it's nice to have a short chat, sometimes it's nice to see nothing at all coming from anything.

When I played DAoC and Tabula Rasa, I often switched off everything except private messages and guild/group chat, and sometimes even those.

For the stress test, maybe tomorrow. Today is XCOM time.

The private server I play on has 40 slots and never goes down from 30, no side chat enabled. There is public for everything, it would be nice if some game modes or lower settings keep the side chat enabled for those who want to play like that in no way this reflect what everyone wants. You gotta keep in mind that not everyone wants the full survival experience, so we got 3rd person, crosshair, side chat, waypoints, map positioning, daytime only servers, etc., but that shouldn't mean by any means destroying the experience in a general basis for those who want to keep it more casual and friendly.

• Like 1

Keep in mind. People COULD use teamspeak.. the server admins COULD also promote a server TS or Mumble for themselves. When side chat WAS enabled. Everyone bitched too. Cause you had spammers you couldnt identify and ban. Or other abuse issue. People dont remember that part now that its disabled. ;)

Well, overall you see more people on those private hive servers, especially because of side chat is enabled on most, not all. This might be a thing to reconsider in the standalone version. Make it so that the user can toggle chats he wants to see on and off. Sometimes it's nice to have a short chat, sometimes it's nice to see nothing at all coming from anything.

When I played DAoC and Tabula Rasa, I often switched off everything except private messages and guild/group chat, and sometimes even those.

For the stress test, maybe tomorrow. Today is XCOM time.

Sorry for the off topic post but, it would be cool if radios served this purpose.

Sorry for the off topic post but, it would be cool if radios served this purpose.

well that's been the 'plan' since they took it away

I find side chat kinda annoying, but I don't have a problem just ignoring it (text. I hate voice over side chat), and it does come in handy when hackers are on the server

I would go, but UK servers always have a low ping requirement, and usually stupid pings, like no more than 100. Impossible for people outside of the UK or parts of Europe to join.

Just an opinion.

Well I was on it last night myself. I am East Coast USA. I had about 125 ping to UK01. Loading time took about 15 mins? So I was playing my PS2 RPG lol. Worked fine really.

Standalone. Back on topic please.

Interestingly enough, I spent most of my Chernarus playing time on those servers and never experienced a hacker. Started to lose interest and finally stopped playing when they removed the chat. Lots of good time was had <3

That's cause hacking has decreased lately

I was on UK01 for the last hour.. found a helocrashsite (which I didn't loot because I like the weapons I have), a blue Ural nearby, drove around, got shot by a ghillie guy with an M4, sniped him from about 400m away and got kicked for ping too high.

I also saw 2 ppl getting kicked for SetDamage Restriction, I guess that would've been masskill elsewhere.

The "Stress test" was worth it s far. :P 50+ players online.

Just on uk02. Medbox with all guns in Elektro church so assume there's hackers.

Edited by Horde

That's cause hacking has decreased lately

I'm talking about mid-June to late August here.

And by the way, these servers still had command channel enabled after side chat was removed so it was pretty cool, and not cool when they finally removed it.

Edited by Fonzie

Killed by an hacker on CZ01 , he just ran in front of me , he already knows where i was , shooted me and died instantly.