Pattinn

New Map Challenge For Real DayZ Players

Evening survivors, i suggest a new map challenge, a snow biome, where heat packs will be very useful and snow storms can pop up, i reccomend like remaking Iceland for example, cold, not too big fine size for DayZ map, has towns and farms and one "big city", it has mountains and dangerous enviroment, it can go from clear weather into bad weather in short time, there are some forests but not very big ones, this is a perfect map for true DayZ players and people who like challenges, let me know what you guys think about this.

• Like 1

Evening survivors, i suggest a new map challenge, a snow biome, where heat packs will be very useful and snow storms can pop up, i reccomend like remaking Iceland for example, cold, not too big fine size for DayZ map, has towns and farms and one "big city", it has mountains and dangerous enviroment, it can go from clear weather into bad weather in short time, there are some forests but not very big ones, this is a perfect map for true DayZ players and people who like challenges, let me know what you guys think about this.

Because its that easy just to "make" a map. All the current DayZ maps are based upon months of research by professional map designers and coders. Even if someone would start making it, there is no possible way for it to be finished before the standalone release, which makes it rather pointless.

Im not saying its a bad idea, im just saying give thought to how much work it takes to create a 200 square kilometer map.

Iceland is warm, you're thinking of greenland with the ice caps and snow all year

Because its that easy just to "make" a map. All the current DayZ maps are based upon months of research by professional map designers and coders. Even if someone would start making it, there is no possible way for it to be finished before the standalone release, which makes it rather pointless.

Im not saying its a bad idea, im just saying give thought to how much work it takes to create a 200 square kilometer map.

I didn't say like "you have a week to make it" this was just an idea

Iceland is warm, you're thinking of greenland with the ice caps and snow all year

Iceland may be warm in summer but when it comes to winter it can get cold, i live in iceland.

cool idea but wont happen..

Well, just made a suggestion, it's a long shot but i would like to see this sometime

Iceland has land area of 100000 square kilometers, chernarus has 225, so it would be a disneyland version of iceland if anything.

weather and seasonal system will be added, probably, the world itself will have a more importante role in SA, but if you want you can get the mod tools for arma and make your own iceland map for dayz. Just search it and learn it, its nice to make mods, try it.

Edited by indominator

You might be able to do something with THIRSK

It certainly looks better than Vostok, and also seems to have a decent amount of the map covered by snow.

This would probably be the best possibility, though I don't know how long it would take to convert DayZ to it.

Edited by Zombiestubble

You might be able to do something with THIRSK

It certainly looks better than Vostok, and also seems to have a decent amount of the map covered by snow.

This would probably be the best possibility, though I don't know how long it would take to convert DayZ to it.

Someone is already working on it. Take a look.

http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/preview-of-dayzthirsk-ported-by-me-coming-soon.23/