ElakanOnDayZ

The Art Of Tent Hunting [ Base Hunting ]

So, I'm a tent hunter, I do much more, and I want to know what ya'll tent hunters have any tips, and this is just like a forum to discuss it! What do you like about it? What do you hate? Talk about it on here!

I love hunting tents too but there is not much meat on them and terrible to skin but they are easy to catch :D

Take what you want but don't save the tent so when server resets all my goods will still be there :beans:

• Like 2

Just died, respawned in elektro, robbed a tent in a church, got a remmington shotgun, 5 mags w/ a flashlight. Good score and I got it in less then 5 minuites. Thats pretty good in that time.

stick to the edge of the map or swim to skalisty island gauranteed you will find some tents and maybe a vehicle if your really good

• Like 1

Died again, looted a tent and got a 6 clip makarov and a 3/4 clip 2 round shotgun, binoculars and some food etc, good enough for a start!

Spawned at Otmel, headed to elektro, when scavanging the city, in the middle of elektro, exactly next to fire station more at west, found a tent with 3 DMR etc. I guess it just ported from some forest, but still awesome :D

Edited by Heathcz

For tent hunting usually west on the Western tree line going north to south, and the Northern tree line going east west yeilds the best tent loots. Try to check the tops of hills and valleys, most often players seem to pitch tents there.

Peaks are best to look at. Pobeda dam. Check the very low pop servers. If there one player then there tend to be no camps. 10 player plus usualy suck and the 8 player mark is ok but usualy clan camps and often someone around. I find 4 player servers are the best cus people are online using there vehichles and so on. Goodluck!

Found camp with more then 6 tents, have been shooted when looting them . GG

Edited by Heathcz

On top of Kozlova Peak, just NE of Cap Golova, you will almost always find tents.

It's a pretty handy way to gear up quickly as a fresh spawn.

The amount of tents I find at Kozlova is high. The amount of tents with anything worth a damn in them is very low.

Believe it or not, despite it beings insanely well known, the best places are still the west and north fringes of the map. Simply because only people intentionally hunting tents/vehicles are out there. Which greatly reduces the traffic that might notice your tent/s.

Patience, and attention to good tent placements will yield the best results.

Just go to a really remote dead-end road, and drive for a couple kilometres. Cars will give away a camp faster than anything. One tent stashed away might go undiscovered for a long time, 3 tents and a UAZ, not so much.

play as a hoarder on a big clan, you'll learn about all the common locations of the big camps (which are constantly raided, but due to the sheer amount of loot on them, the lack of satchel charges, tent restoration upon restart and people generally lacking the malice to save them, they never get emptied) They are also often regarded as hacker tents since some might contain hacked weapons, but I assure you a hacker needs no camp with tents, these are legit players simply hoarding.

Edited by Pie Flavor

The most obvious places are the western and northern debug lines. I've found enough weapons on one run up the western debug line to outfit an entire army. Skalisty Island (aka, Chopper Island) is another common one. You can usually find most of the parts you need to rebuild the chopper there. Kozlova is hit or miss. Most of the time, the tents up there are empty. You can also sweep a circle around NWAF and find some random tents. Petrovka and Lopatino are usually gold mines for hoarders up there.

Another thing I'd do on a fresh server is check southern vehicle spawns like the bus in elektro or V3S @ Solnichiny. Even if you can't fix them, they usually have something worthwhile in the gear. I can usually be geared up pretty good within an hour, even less if I get that glorious Kamenka spawn that would be littered with the bodies of dead noobs who had no idea the treasure troves they were missing out on. :).