Sign in to follow this  
linuxmaster9

Add the Mosin-Nagant 91/30 to StandAlone

Some people have suggested adding the M1 Garand to the game. What about the Russian Classic rifle still in use today all around the world and that has out sold the M1 by far and should also be in the SA since it is based in Russian territory or former USSR territory. That rifle is the Mosin Nagant most widely known model being the 1891/30 bolt action. It has been in service since from 1891 all the way up to today. Effective range w/o optics is 500m, with optics is 800m+. With Iron sights, you can adjust the range all the way up to 1500m. It has been used and still is used by 43 countries in the world including the USA. It has been used in over 31 different wars. by 1904, 3.8 million of the rifles had been delivered to the Russian army. By the end of WWII, approx 17 million mosins had been produced. By 1998, about 30 million had been produced.

300px-DSC01126.jpg

• Like 1

The $100 rifle, I agree it should be in the SA because of it's origin and availability to the civilian populace. Pickup alternative to the enfield but slightly more common.

I have exactly that gun. mine was manufactured in 1944, and still has the hammer and sickle stamped on it. I fire it regularly, and i can get 20 rounds for $8 dollars....and i bought it for about $120 from a crate of 30. It's a super popular gun, with low-upkeep and cheap/plentiful ammo. Perfect for such a game as this "surviving on rarity"

• Like 2

I own a 1891/30 from the Tulga (i think) plant. it is a Hex receiver. That thing is a beast too. I can buy 880 rounds for ~150. The lee enfield is a nice gun... i actually use that in game over most scoped weapons simply because it is low profile and plenty of ammo. The Mosin uses the same ammo as most of the russian sniper rifles. Like the PSO for example. I find it really odd that it is not in the game already. We have all the variants of the M16 and M4... in former USSR state...... sure that weapons but not the mosin? stupid. Even if they had to variants of it. The scoped and the non scoped. I still think the bayonet should be available for it since when you buy one it comes with a bayonet. Add on the fact that it is a bolt action, having something to poke Zeds with would be ideal.

This thread has come up many times. I think Rocket understands that this gun is perfect for the game. The ammunition (7.62x54mmR) is already in the game so implementing it wouldn't be extra difficult.

• Like 2