Sign in to follow this  
Sula

I lost everything today...

...all because I am obsessed with finding two things: a tent and night vision goggles. I gave up on the tent about a month or more ago.

After ten days of survival, I returned to the nw and ne airfields yesterday. Today I died when I got greedy and tried to get to a helicopter crash, in search of those NVGs.

But what upset me more was leaving a player alone when I found him looting with his back to the door, telling him I was friendly, walking away when I could have killed him with my axe, only to find he had followed me and then shot me in the back, emptying a whole clip into me, to make sure I was dead.

No matter how often I play this game, I cannot and I will not understand how players can kill other players like this. They have no honour and no justification, only excuses to try to explain their cowardly actions.

It's times like this that we need a thumbs down sign. :| No beans. :emptycan:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 6

I've been victim to being kind many times too my friend. People don't like nice people that don't kill them...

• Like 1

Heh, maybe you're right but I'm not going to lower my code of ethics just to be like them. :)

• Like 3

Fear can make other players do this. He was scared and probably thought you were going to do the same to him. I have been in this situation before and I would run away or hide, Not offereing them a chance. You should have been more vigilant.

Shit happens and It is not going to get any easier, I hope the SA gets rid of hackers and duping for the most part then the gear collecting will be worth doing like it was at first.

No matter how often I play this game, I cannot and I will not understand how players can kill other players like this. They have no honour and no justification, only excuses to try to explain their cowardly actions.

I don't need an excuse or justification or honour.

I just enjoy killing other players, especially if they don't know it's coming.

Muwahahahaha.

Some people would call it cold blooded murder, others would say survival of the fittest. I lost everything today too :( . I just got KO'd by a random Z whilst looking at my map though, that's even worse!

Heh, maybe you're right but I'm not going to lower my code of ethics just to be like them. :)

...all because I am obsessed with finding two things: a tent and night vision goggles. I gave up on the tent about a month or more ago.

After ten days of survival, I returned to the nw and ne airfields yesterday. Today I died when I got greedy and tried to get to a helicopter crash, in search of those NVGs.

But what upset me more was leaving a player alone when I found him looting with his back to the door, telling him I was friendly, walking away when I could have killed him with my axe, only to find he had followed me and then shot me in the back, emptying a whole clip into me, to make sure I was dead.

It's times like this that we need a thumbs down sign. :| No beans. :emptycan:

where do you play? i can help you get gear... if needed.

Sula, those are the dangers of Lone Wolfing it. That scenario wouldn't play out the same way if you were running with a squad. Also, crash sites, NW airfield, Stary Sobor, Cherno and Elektro are the 5 worst places to meet a friendly because that's where PvPers hang out most..

Edited by WargameKlok

Thanks, Rott but generally, I like working hard for my stuff and achieving it. I had a really sweet offer from a player to give me some NVGs and I'll think about it but I want to get my own, so I will keep on trying. :thumbsup:

Fraggle, of course, like I said, I died today by zombies before the other guy killed me. But zombies were doing what they have to, and that guy had choices. As do I. I can choose to play this game as it is or move to another game. And I choose to play this game as it is because I love it. It's hard being shot by someone when you work so hard to survive but I know it's part of the game. I still love dayz. But that doesn't mean I have to like being shot in the back. This is where I come to talk about my achievements and failures in dayz. I'm just expressing myself. :)

Voodoo, no. I had been watching him. He didn't know I was there until I told him I was friendly, as I left and moved on. He chose to follow me and kill me. That was his choice, and he's entitled to do so. And he's just as free to come make a thread about how he shot some fool in the back until they died. All I'm saying is, today I died because I was shot repeatedly in the back and refused to shoot back. That's my choice. Being shot by another player saddens me. I'm no threat to anyone. So that's part of what my thread's about. I'm not moaning and whining because x shot me. Just sharing my experience today of my dayz trip. Some days the news is great and other days it'll be sad. I'll keep coming back, I love the game. :) :thumbsup: :beans:

It's all just a matter of perspective, depending on where you're standing. From here it looks like murder, from over there, it's just some fun. That's the thing, there's no real right or wrong.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

I haven't seen a tent in over 30 or 40 days, So it isn't really a question of "easy" or "hard", but one of having the good fortune to come across one!

I can give you one advise in finding NVGs at helo crash sites. Lay down and crawl around to remove grass. Its extremely hard to see NVG in grass. and always rotate 360 while crawling in few little steps.

One time i did HELO crash site run and found 4 helos on 1 server (driving ATV). I found 3 NVGs at these 4 helo sites, so may be it really luck? but who knows....

If you really want play at night and i can give you NVGs and all stuf..... (i have almost everything and bad thing i'm not using it) Few days ago somebody stole my URAL half filled up with AS50, MK48 L85 e.c. and i was happy that somebody will find use for all these stuff :) At least somebody had a lot of fun finding my goodies and i hope he didn't got heart attack :D.

Regarding ppl KOS.... I see them as little kids 10-12 years old and what you can do with this kiddies? Look around you in real life - they just kids and they do a lot stupid things...... Just let kids play the game..... Be easy on them - you can not change anything.... Every time i got killed before i was happy, because game make more sense when you starving and happy when you find at least hatchet. When you got almost all gear in the game you loosing goal in the game and its become very boring (i think that why ppl start PVP / PK and KOS). And IMHO this is will be what will kill this game completely - its getting boring to fast. Rocket flying in his dreams to make his perfect game, but he forgetting about marketing and that he need make game that ppl will play for long time and spend money.

So the only advise - enjoy this mod while you can enjoy it and don't get frustrated when you got killed or loose your gear.... Because its not the end, its just beginning of your new adventure.....

I don't need an excuse or justification or honour.

I just enjoy killing other players, especially if they don't know it's coming.

Muwahahahaha.

and its players like this that I hunt,

I play alone most of the time and usually firing at anyone I see but I've never told someone I was friendly then shot them in the back.. That is pretty crap.

Sula, those are the dangers of Lone Wolfing it. That scenario wouldn't play out the same way if you were running with a squad. Also, crash sites, NW airfield, Stary Sobor, Cherno and Elektro are the 5 worst places to meet a friendly because that's where PvPers hang out most..

Ha, there are enough dangers while playing with friends in squad, especially when they can't aim... <_<

Last time I've got killed was a friend who wanted to shoot the zombie right next to me, sadly he hit mit in the face :(

At least he guarded my body so I did not loose all my stuff :) ...

Best side of the map for tents Zelenogorsk side. Go to Zeleno>Pushtoshka-Vrbor, all supermarkets, lots of residential, houses, alleyways and when you get to Vybor...well you can heap back down and new spawn is there, or take a right and go to Stary supermarket if you're feeling bold.

Thanks, Rott but generally, I like working hard for my stuff and achieving it. I had a really sweet offer from a player to give me some NVGs and I'll think about it but I want to get my own, so I will keep on trying. :thumbsup:

Fraggle, of course, like I said, I died today by zombies before the other guy killed me. But zombies were doing what they have to, and that guy had choices. As do I. I can choose to play this game as it is or move to another game. And I choose to play this game as it is because I love it. It's hard being shot by someone when you work so hard to survive but I know it's part of the game. I still love dayz. But that doesn't mean I have to like being shot in the back. This is where I come to talk about my achievements and failures in dayz. I'm just expressing myself. :)

Voodoo, no. I had been watching him. He didn't know I was there until I told him I was friendly, as I left and moved on. He chose to follow me and kill me. That was his choice, and he's entitled to do so. And he's just as free to come make a thread about how he shot some fool in the back until they died. All I'm saying is, today I died because I was shot repeatedly in the back and refused to shoot back. That's my choice. Being shot by another player saddens me. I'm no threat to anyone. So that's part of what my thread's about. I'm not moaning and whining because x shot me. Just sharing my experience today of my dayz trip. Some days the news is great and other days it'll be sad. I'll keep coming back, I love the game. :) :thumbsup: :beans:

It's all just a matter of perspective, depending on where you're standing. From here it looks like murder, from over there, it's just some fun. That's the thing, there's no real right or wrong.

100% AGREE!!! I refuse to shoot back too, unless their a bandit. It's harder to be a Hero than a Bandit...

Indeed, no principles.Everyone shoots first, asks questions second.Sometimes I get the feeling that my friends and I are the only idiots who triy to verify one's intentions (although I may look harsh at first :P)

Btw, all you need to get NVGs is a decent gun and a nub hacker.I was in a barn when a haxing bandit jumped in with a M249, but wasn't able to hit a thing (that pro).A friend finished him off, and I got the NVG's.Wish you a similar case.

So I was looting a building and a guy came in and startled me so I shot him at least 20 times with my M16.. he was just taking it like a man and didn't die.... I dont know why... and he then 1-shotted me in the face... Must have been a hacker...

I hate hackers...

Status update: You're not the only one who died today.

29aw6r6.jpg