mentok

banned from seattle 22 for swearing once

17:36:32 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : ONLY PLAY ON SERVERS IN YOUR OWN AREA

17:36:47 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : SO SICK OF SEEING PPL BOUNCE AROUND THE SCREEN BECAUSE THEY HAVE SHIT INTERNET

17:37:51 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : dont play on servers where ur ping is over 100

17:38:30 BattlEye Server: (Side) BigBoris: mentok shut up please.

17:38:36 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : fuck u

17:39:19 Player mentok kicked off by BattlEye: Banned (you too)

It may seem excessive to some, but I do not manage a day care. Respond aggressively to a request to stop annoying other players will still be subject to ban on my server. If Rocket has something to say about it please tell me, until proven otherwise I will continue to do so.

Above convo is gold.

17:36:47 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : SO SICK OF SEEING PPL BOUNCE AROUND THE SCREEN BECAUSE THEY HAVE SHIT INTERNET

17:37:51 BattlEye Server: (Side) mentok : dont play on servers where ur ping is over 100

It may seem excessive to some' date=' but I do not manage a day care. Respond aggressively to a request to stop annoying other players will still be subject to ban on my server. If Rocket has something to say about it please tell me, until proven otherwise I will continue to do so.

[/quote']

+1

BigBoris, you probably shouldn't kick people just because they're assholes. ;)

mentok, stop being an asshole. Also, STFU in side chat.

''Funny how they all initially whine about doing nothing, then the server logs show a completely different story.. ''

It's always the same story, the worst is having to justify every time.

I applaud whichever admin kicked you. I think those in power should be able to administer a little lesson in politeness. Being polite and showing respect is not "political correctness," it's simply common sense. As many players love to point out: DayZ is not reality. Servers are a public place, and the admin owned the server so you better believe he has the right to say what is disruptive language and what isn't. If this starts becoming the norm, MAYBE we'll see a change in maturity.

Now, if he had thrown you out for killing someone, sure, I would say it's wrong. However, you acted like a little brat and got treated as one, don't expect any sympathy.

I do not manage a day care.

I think I'm going to go play on Seattle 22 now.

Hello,

I have taken a look over the entire thread and your post. BigBoris included the chatlogs from the BE Chat, you've acted childish and tried to turn away players from a server. If you can't handle playing servers hosted for you for FREE, then don't play them at all. Raging because other's internet isn't as "almighty" as yours, doesn't give you any proven ground. Also to add, your talk against an Administrator who's job there is to make sure the game play is as enjoyable to all the players is absurd. Next time, make sure you add that you tried to tell people to leave the server in your opening statement, to be a little more honest on the whole thing. No actions will be taken against the Seattle 22 team/server at this time.

If the Seattle 22 team wishes to accept this thread as an apology, then a unban can be made on that server's managements behalf.

Regards,

Diederik.

It may seem excessive to some' date=' but I do not manage a day care. Respond aggressively to a request to stop annoying other players will still be subject to ban on my server. If Rocket has something to say about it please tell me, until proven otherwise I will continue to do so.

[/quote']

I think only a native English speaker can rule on this one:

1. OP (mentok) is clearly a noisy twat and deserved a kick, but not a ban because the term 'shut up' which the admin used (without first revealing he was admin) is itself rude and provocative and would receive a hostile response in most cases ( I would react aggressively also).

2. The admin says he isn't a native English speaker so his lack of tact is both understandable and excusable.

3. My verdict would be: OP should have received a kick with a warning of a ban for a repeat offence.

Personally, I would offer to undo the ban IF mentok would make a suitable apology.

Court adjourned! ;)

[/quote']

I think only a native English speaker can rule on this one:

1. OP (mentok) is clearly a noisy twat and deserved a kick, but not a ban because the term 'shut up' which the admin used (without first revealing he was admin) is itself rude and provocative and would receive a hostile response in most cases ( I would react aggressively also).

2. The admin says he isn't a native English speaker so his lack of tact is both understandable and excusable.

3. My verdict would be: OP should have received a kick with a warning of a ban for a repeat offence.

Personally, I would offer to undo the ban IF mentok would make a suitable apology.

Court adjourned! ;)

Even though you nulify point one in point two, I would point out that even though he is not a native english speaker, his request should not provoke a hostile response as he used please in his request. Although perhaps I am being a little too optimistic/niave of how people behave online :angel: