mentok

banned from seattle 22 for swearing once

i was stalking around elek, looking for a teammate that i had met up with earlier.

ppl were talking in chat about how much of a deathmatch this game is

i added in that there should be more cooperative features to curb the deathmatching

an admin tells me to shut up

so i tell him to f-off

next thing i see is a screen telling me im banned with the admins message being: "you too"

just wondering if this is admin abuse or it is allowed to ban ppl for annoying you without warning.

would be appreciated if I could get some feedback on this matter

just got banned from this server because i swore once.

just wondering' date=' are admins allowed to ban for stupid shit like this or is it admin abuse?

[/quote']

Stop being such a little shit and maybe you won't get banned. Now go to bed, you've got school in the morning.

If I remember right, you can only be banned for racism or hacking.

This sort of thread belongs in Server General, where it would get more attention from both developers and server administrators.

If I remember right' date=' you can only be banned for racism or hacking.

This sort of thread belongs in Server General, where it would get more attention from both developers and server administrators.

[/quote']

k thx

ill repost there

just got banned from this server because i swore once.

just wondering' date=' are admins allowed to ban for stupid shit like this or is it admin abuse?

[/quote']

Stop being such a little shit and maybe you won't get banned. Now go to bed, you've got school in the morning.

:D He's older than you.

It's a bit out of order getting banned for swearing. Racism is one thing, having a potty mouth is another.

ill repost there

Don't create another thread for this please.

Moved to ban appeals.

Edit: I deleted the duplicate thread that you created in Server General.

I would be ashamed of posting this "incredible story" here, like a 8yo kid crying to the mummy. There's so many servers out there, you're not welcome in that server, accept it and play elsewhere.. or better: buy your own server.

PS: if someone open his suckling mouth against me, i'll apply my own law, and i don't give a fuck about a ToS or whatever. So in my opinion he did it right.

I would be ashamed of posting this "incredible story" here' date=' like a 8yo kid crying to the mummy. There's so many servers out there, you're not welcome in that server, accept it and play elsewhere.. or better: buy your own server.

PS: if someone open his suckling mouth against me, i'll apply my own law, and i don't give a fuck about a ToS or whatever. So in my opinion he did it right.

[/quote']

well i guess im just glad that your opinion is not rocket's and that the mods have a universal set of rules that servers need to run by.

I just hope that a mod will get to the bottom of this and hopefully stop ppl from being banned for stupid things like this.

also, i had 2 ppl who i was meeting up with in that lobby, so i was not unwanted.

it was only one admin that likes to abuse that felt I needed to be banned outright.

PS:

who are you quoting when you say: "incredible story" ?

I only seem to see ulterior motives in these threads.

I only seem to see ulterior motives in these threads.

what do you mean?

[/quote']

Everyone seems to be under the impression there are only two rules...and you can do pretty much do whatever else you want with someones server... hacking is not specifically mentioned in the rules, but it gets you banned, ALTF4 tabbing to avoid Dying is not in the rules either, but its an exploit and you will not get much sympathy if you get banned for that also...and telling the admin to Fuck Off...is not clever either, so you do that, you'll most likely just get kicked if your lucky, if someone behaves like a complete twat, you'll most likely get kicked and/or banned. Some server do not want players swearing at other players, usually that leads to insults, then sometimes onto racist comments etc ...if an admin asks you to stop doing something and you get kicked or banned, for ignoring them you only have yourself to blame.

[/quote']

Everyone seems to be under the impression there are only two rules...and you can do pretty much do whatever else you want with someones server... hacking is not specifically mentioned in the rules, but it gets you banned, ALTF4 tabbing to avoid Dying is not in the rules either, but its an exploit and you will not get much sympathy if you get banned for that also...and telling the admin to Fuck Off...is not clever either, so you do that, you'll most likely just get kicked if your lucky, if someone behaves like a complete twat, you'll most likely get kicked and/or banned. Some server do not want players swearing at other players, usually that leads to insults, then sometimes onto racist comments etc ...if an admin asks you to stop doing something and you get kicked or banned, for ignoring them you only have yourself to blame.

he didnt tell me to stop swearing at any time

he just banned me

also, he didnt identify himself as an admin, so it could have just been a troll who was telling me to shut up (which is what i thought)

also, he didnt identify himself as an admin, so it could have just been a troll who was telling me to shut up (which is what i thought)

Well i have a certain sympathy for you, but there's nothing in the rules either saying an admin must give you a warning before banning you for something or identifying himself as an admin either...all most people have to do to avoid a lot of these ban situations is to keep your head down. play and enjoy the game and don't make yourself a target for others to ban you.

You could justify it by saying you are entitled to an opinion...but telling someone to fuck off, without knowing who they are is really asking for trouble.

also' date=' he didnt identify himself as an admin, so it could have just been a troll who was telling me to shut up (which is what i thought)

[/quote']

Well i have a certain sympathy for you, but there's nothing in the rules either saying an admin must give you a warning before banning you for something or identifying himself as an admin either...all most people have to do to avoid a lot of these ban situations is to keep your head down. play and enjoy the game and don't make yourself a target for others to ban you.

You could justify it by saying you are entitled to an opinion...but telling someone to fuck off, without knowing who they are is really asking for trouble.

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

i guess it all comes down to whether or not the mods think saying f-off to someone is "malicious talk"

PS:

admins should be just like anyone else on the server.

I should not have to treat everyone super nice because one of them might be an admin that will ban me for swearing once.

do you propose that, every time i am told to shut up, I should do it because there is a slim chance they are an admin?

i guess it all comes down to whether or not the mods think saying f-off to someone is "malicious talk"

That is exactly my point...kicking for stealing their loot, killing them etc i can understand, but define malicious talk? or disruptive behaviour, its all subjective to the person doing the kicking or banning...also as i said previously it does not specifically say you can be banned for hacking...so really hackers could claim its not mentioned in the "Two Rules" either.

admins should be just like anyone else on the server.

Admins are not like everyone else on the server either, because they have something to lose, you and all the others on the server don't, if they don't implement the DayZ rules...they get their server blacklisted, while everyone else who feels they can do or say what they want just jump onto another server.

I should not have to treat everyone super nice because one of them might be an admin that will ban me for swearing once.

do you propose that, every time i am told to shut up, I should do it because there is a slim chance they are an admin?

As i said...if you keep your head down as 90% of players do and just enjoy the game you lessen your chances of getting into that position with anyone, admin or not...if you swear at someone and tell them to fuck off, and they happen to be the admin, its just your tough luck if you get banned. So many players now open themselves up to being banned rightly or wrongly by admins because a lot are internet lawyers quoting rules at them and defying the admin to ban them (usually they get their wish) and you'll see a lot of ban appeals that have not been overturned...simple trolling, or just being disruptive to the game (as i said that's subjective to the admin what is malicious talk or disruptive behavior)

{quote]

That is exactly my point...stealing loot' date=' killing you etc i can understand, but define malicious talk? or disruptive behaviour, its all subjective to the person doing the kicking or banning...also as i said previously it does not specifically say you can be banned for hacking...so really hackers could claim its not mentioned in the "Two Rules" either.

[/quote']

then perhaps this is an opportunity to get some clarification on this matter.

also, i dont think hacking is a good example, because no on could really argue against banning a hacker, whereas my situation is more in the gray area.

If you told me to Fuck Off I'd kick your arse out of the server too. Sure you'd be welcome back - so long as you didn't do it again.

I've only ever kicked two people and they were both for racist remarks. Perhaps my server attracts a more mature type of player - as I see the same players returning day in day out (and aside from having them steal my car and truck last night - they are a decent bunch of people).

OP: find another server. whinging here because you mouthed off at an admin and got banned from 1 server doesn't mean you can't go join one of the other 200+

Pretty sure "abusive language" is bannable.

Pretty sure this qualifies.

Pretty sure you should find a new server to play on and keep your mouth shut next time.

also, i dont think hacking is a good example, because no on could really argue against banning a hacker, whereas my situation is more in the gray area.

I am simply showing that the rules don't include every eventuality if you interpret the rules as being there's only two that you have to abide by and anything else goes...it doesn't...

If you told me to Fuck Off I'd kick your arse out of the server too. Sure you'd be welcome back - so long as you didn't do it again.

I've only ever kicked two people and they were both for racist remarks. Perhaps my server attracts a more mature type of player - as I see the same players returning day in day out (and aside from having them steal my car and truck last night - they are a decent bunch of people).

OP: find another server. whinging here because you mouthed off at an admin and got banned from 1 server doesn't mean you can't go join one of the other 200+

Might I suggest Dallas 1 for him.

You flooding the side channel by telling the people with a ping above 100ms to leaving the server.

I just said shut up please.

You responded with insults like fuck you bigboris and more.

You deserve what happens to you.

I try to keep a mature communication on my server and not an aggressive kids attitude.

P.s Sorry for my bad english

He invited other ppl to leave the server without having any right to do so, this is already an abusive behavior, he should have been banned for that, but he has only been invited to shut up, then he decided to add an offence on the top. He deserved the ban not one but two times.

I love this forum, gives me some good laughs when I get home.

How do these kids not understand that everyone keeps logs?