Sign in to follow this  
mistan

Ideas for dayz that can create opportunities in the game.

picturesdayz.jpg

Bolt cutters for locked gates or what ever someone might have locked up.

Hay why not finding a chain and a lock and lock something up.

if it was worth locking in it was worth getting to can work, The boltcutters should work on chests aswell.

killing a zombie might be a ticket back to where he once lived, check the street and place on the keynote on with the keys. your quest to loot has begun. maybe he lived in a villa or an apartment but most importent what did he own that you now can own. a car, clothing, food, water?

checking Deadbodies temperature or pulse. This might give you an idea of when someone was killed a zombie or a human being, I dont know how zombies work so in the end of a the day they might be cold constantly but for the sake of argument. checking temperature is cool. And all the cool kids are

doing it.

Also if this was nice, check out my winter concepts. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/99125-snowy-dayz-concept-art/

Edited by mistan
  • Like 1

Interesting, the only problem with the key for the house thing is, the zombies house could be miles away.

most already discussed, this white image is a sore to some eyes when the background is total black.

The temperature is only for experts, and you would have a hard time learning it, most of the bodies would be cold or the body could be a trap itself. Also are you going to check every zombie body to find keys into a place you can just break into. Its not like his house was a fortress or even a bunker and why should i care where the zombie lived in his life before, its not like it was already looted or broke into, and no "quests", and more one thing, how would you find out where he lived, why would you even care most people dont have survival stuff in their houses.

the temperature one was ok, the locks was already discussed a lot. And the other idea sucked hard. Use search function

Like the first two, Not bothered about temperature checking.

I would like to find Notes as opposed to keys, that would add dimension to the game in so many regards. If you added keys they would be pointless with crowbars and Boltcutters.

I never said you personally would find it interesting but let's say you find a key to a house..

Maybe this house has a car..

maybe you find a keycard in the house.. To a factory or a office building or what have you?? a locked down Shop that sells weapons as it seems this game only revolves around military equipment for some reason...

you get access to an area no one else has been able to loot befor... becasue of this access.

use your imagination.. im trying to create Quests within the game world that aren't mandatory they aren't Quests in the MMO sense they are Things you can do within the game like the choice of giving someone blood or shooting them in the head..

This might not be the perfect way to do it but somehow i feel it could really enhance the game experience if you have optional goals instead of 1 2 3 4 here is where i get the best military grade loot or medical supplies.

in short upgrading your character shoulden't only be why you play... adventure my friends adventure ..

i mean the trip to airfield is exciting the first 3 times.. then you realise everyones there and is sniping you when you arrive or all the loot is gone..

Finding unique places is what drives stories in this game we need more hidden areas things that surprises you things that motivates you more then just killing other players.

but hay i guess Both ideas sucked hard?

Locked buildings would be interesting. But wouldn't breaking in be easier than finding a key then trying to find the house that it goes with.

I like your winter concepts.

Im not talking about accessibility effectivity im talking about reasons to traverse the map to places you normally probebly wouldent go let's say for the sake of argument there is an apartment in kamenka

a place no one likes but for some reason this place eludes you for some reason becasue of the item you found that might get you something...

you might aswell Not go there however. it's up to you.