Sign in to follow this  
wreckn

Perfect fix to stop logging while in combat

Hello so tonight me and a friend were looting the military camps in starysobor when we were sniped from afar. No big deal, agravating, but hey thats the way the cookie crumbles. So we respawn and make our way back to the tents. 30 min later after arriving we decide to check the hill just to be safe. As were clear the hill I see a man, the same guy that killed us before. I know because he had my backpack and my friends cco. Now I still have my Makrov or what ever its called and my friend has a m1014. The man sees my friend but not me. I quickly yell at my friend to get down which he does. The man sights in on my friend and begins shooting. My friend goes unconcious, I come behind him and unload a full magazine into him. He then logs out. VERY F***ING STUPID!!!!

This made me so mad, I cant even explain it. But what ever I took it for what its worth, some noob that wasnt just exploiting a fault in the game.

Well back to the story, I bandage my friend give him some blood, and a epi pen and bring him back to life. We sit and watch the spot for the man to log back in. As we are waiting we hear gun fire coming from the tents. My friend stays to watch the spot incase the guy came back we wounld get raped from behind. I make my way to the other side of the bushes on the hill to invistigate the gun fire. I see another player runing from the tents up the hill with about 10 zombies chasing him. Guess what happens next, he stops and then disapears. Thats right he logged. I was then getting extremly mad, (like seriously play the game the right way people). Anyways a min or so later he loggs back in and runs farther up the hill. I was ragging and was going to hunt him down and kill him to teach him a lesson. He enters a thick clump of bushes I enter, he turns around and sees me, I get off 1 or 2 shots, then he loggs!!!!!!!!

WTF MOTHER F***** BAST***. Blood vessesles were popping from my skull.

So my friend is still watching the spot, because he had a hard on for the first guy. I go to the tents to get some loot and get rid of my shitty pistol. I make it through just about every tent. As I come out of a tent, i get sniped. My friend hears the gun shot...It is every close to him. He heads that way sees the player amd bam hits him with the shot gun. Guess WTF happesn next, The guy logs out.

This is when I rage quit and came to the forums to make my first much needed post.

So after all of that this is my suggestion to a very big problem.

Implement a 20 sec timer when you go to log out. A few games I play have this and I think it will work perfectly here. Dont ad a exit now feature, just 20 sec. Its not that long to wait when your doen playing the game.

Long story, not relevant, suggestion is already publicly announced as present in next build.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Well it's quite simple actually... all they need to do is do this:

If player gets shot OR shoots and tries to log out they get a Wait time. I have seen this before in games and it's the eliminator for this cheap trick.

Rocket mentioned that the fix for this would be that the server keeps track of how often u disconnect. If you do it too many times in a short time period your character would die. That doesn't keep ppl from at least dcing one time because they have a shotgun in there face and just not logging in for awhile or calling it a night until they can safely log back in. A log out timer is a perfect idea, there is no reason anyone should need to instantly log out unless they are exploiting the game and trying to avoid a dangerous situation that could result in their death. It suck running in a grp or a pair and one person going down while the other successfully locates the killer only to have them dc so they won't die. I'd rather hackers keep nuking the servers and killing everyone than ppl pulling this crap out to save themselves. Rockets idea for counting disconnects and keeping track of time frame I would imagine could cause ppl who are just having trouble connecting to games and they keep connecting/disconnecting trying to get into a server to have their characters killed and or punished in some way.

Thanks for posting your experiance we all have seen something like this the latest word was a 5 second hang time which in some cases will work and others not.

The best solution is two things.

Head shot

Double tap

Just like the real world, make the first shot count.

I still thing 5 secs is too short, maybe 10 woudl be a good compromise.

and @ Techercizer

The story was needed, it, this all happened in a 20 min time span with 3 diffrent people. Now they could of all been in a grp, but thats beside the point, this is something that is getting out of control, and needs to be adressed another way other then counting how many times they do it. THEY SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO DO IT AT ALL!

Your thread is a fine example... of LACK OF DOING THE DUE DILIGENCE!

It's very easy, there is a search function on this forum, its hidden on top, right under the logo. Points to: http://dayzmod.com/forum/search.php You type in your query and hit enter, script does magic, shows you results.

Seriously, when will people understand, if you believe you have a brilliant idea - check if anyone else maybe already had this brilliant idea, because in most cases ... they did.

Your case is embarrassing, because not only were there over 20 threads on this topic, but also this was mentioned as part of the upcoming update by the developers. Come on, get with the program

oh.. and yeah.. 'Cool story, bro...'

No my post just made the problem more relevant.

And oh yeah thanks for showing us how big your e ping is.

you know if people dont have anything productive to say how about the just stfu and not post on other peoples threads...

so what this has been discussed on other threads... well guess what all those threads are old and this is still an ongoing issue and the developers idea to fix it is a shitty one(no offense) but I could give 2 seprate reasons as to way I may end up bieng tracked for repeated log ins and outs

1. keep getting DC'd from server unintentionally happens all the time at this games stage

2. keep killing my self to spawn near cherno or elektro

but what because of stupid glitch or doing something that bothers no one will get my charecter banned from server or killed... like I said all I see is a shitty fix coming for a big problem... I say the more similar but seprate threads there are for the same idea the better, otherwise the DEVs are just gonna see it as a smaller consolidated group that are having issues

you know if people dont have anything productive to say how about the just stfu and not post on other peoples threads...

so what this has been discussed on other threads... well guess what all those threads are old and this is still an ongoing issue and the developers idea to fix it is a shitty one(no offense) but I could give 2 seprate reasons as to way I may end up bieng tracked for repeated log ins and outs

1. keep getting DC'd from server unintentionally happens all the time at this games stage

but what because of stupid glitch or doing something that bothers no one will get my charecter banned from server or killed... like I said all I see is a shitty fix coming for a big problem... I say the more similar but seprate threads there are for the same idea the better, otherwise the DEVs are just gonna see it as a smaller consolidated group that are having issues

You shouldn't really be killing yourself to spawn near Cherno or Elektro. I think i read they are removing the suicide button anyway. To be honest you should try playing to survive, instead of getting the best loot. It is much more fun and nowhere near as frustrating when you die. Every time I've been killed, I've actually enjoyed it.

on occasion i end up dcing back and forth cause the game fails to start correctly or something and i get 2-10 fps in game, and the only thing that helps(that i know of) is restarting the game. so tracking how many dc people do in a short time is gonna bite me in the ass, i agree with the logout timer, 20 secs of not doing more than look around with the mouse and a quick quit button that lets you leave instantly(while your character is still waiting in the game on timer)

I dont try to spawn near cherno or elektro for the good loot because there is no good loot in cherno or elektro... I spawn there to quickly get med supplies and head north to survive up north instead of spawn far away on the shore line where I will be killed before I even get close to cherno or elektro to get my med supplies... it is just a strategy of mine