ArchAngel-7-

"A+" HOST ALTITUDE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

Hello, I have had a server with Host Altitude since July. I noticed that whenever I needed the assistance of "tech support" they would often take an added amount of time to provide "support". All was running at a somewhat even tempo until October 2nd @ 6:00 PM EST. My server went down and the status in the TCAdmin Control Panel is unknown. It has been this way since then even after submitting multiple tickets and emails. No answer to telephone calls. It is now October 10th 6:20 PM EST and still no replies to the tickets created. This leads me to believe that "Jonnerz" has abandoned his company and there will be no more server hosting from HA. I had recieved an email from them in Late September that their customer support would no longer suck because they were merging with another company. Apparently that is BS.

The only email I have received from them is the auto-generated; "Hey your bill is ready for the next month". So those of you who have "HA", I would not pay that bill, because if your server is not already down, it probably will go down soon. Good Luck because these people / Jonnerz are not going to contact you, they will just treat you like they have treated me. Ignore all your attempts to ask for support should you need it. Then send you a bill in the mail and ask for more money.

Maybe your server got revoked or blacklisted for some .reason,locked perhaps.but im sure you know why.

Edited by Bushman

No

Maybe your server got revoked or blacklisted for some .reason

No. It did not. It went down, just like it has in the past.

OMG really dude. no, it was not passworded. It was just on. No shady business, just on. The shit went down. They are not responding to any inquires. If i had been blacklisted, I would have received an email from them saying so. I did not do anything on that server except update it and play the game.

Dear Adam Fields ,

Many of you may have noticed a very slow support response time recently. We are happy to announce that this will no longer be the case as of next week.

There will be some major changes with Host Altitude as it will be under management of a different company. We can't let you know who just yet but we are pleased to let you know that support will be PERMANENTLY improved after the switch.

Please bare with us over the next few days as support times will be slightly longer than normal whilst we prepare for this. We will update you with much more detail very soon.

Kind Regards,

Host Altitude Limited

T: +44 (0)208 1337 627

E: support@hostaltitude.com

W: www.hostaltitude.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hostaltitude

Host Altitude Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (07488507).

=================================================================================

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify Host Altitude Limited immediately. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, either in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without permission from Host Altitude Limited.

THIS IS THE LAST COMMUNICATION I RECEIVED FROM THEM ON SEPT 28TH

Edited by ArchAngel-7-

Also, when a server gets blacklisted and is running, it almost always gives the message: "This server is running and incorrect version of the server-side application. Please contact Dayz Support."

This is the message received by any server that has lost communication with the HIVE. But thanks for coming on here and throwing baseless accusations around. You obviously did not read my OP. But hey I guess you know everything. Maybe you have been jilted in the past by some asshole admin and have decided to take it out on every admin you can. IDK. I can definitely tell by your location that you like to irritate people. Good Job, I was already pissed off to begin with. KUDOS

Host alt can revoke your server(therefore you wouldnt have a running server to get the message youre talking about),im not talking about dayz cutting you from the hive.

Edited by Bushman

I wish I had read this earlier. Better get into the mindset that the money i paid them are gone. No replies whatsoever from them and my server is still pending. Went with dayz.st instead. Fast and efficient it seems so far..

Bushman: you sir are an ignorant moron. I don't even know why you care to comment on this post. Your accusations are proof of your ignorance and sound like those coming from a 12 year old. You don't even have the slightest idea who I am, what my server was like and what goes on with dayz server hosting. You remind me of every teleporting hacker that I have had the displeasure to run into. You obviously enjoy pissing people off by irritating them. Other than irritation, I see know reason for you to comment on this post. If you think that HA shut my server down, then that is your prerogative. I on the other hand know exactly what happened. What I don't know is why they are not responding to any tickets. That is the question here. I am not asking why my server is down. I want to know why they are not answering any tickets. They are not just ignoring my tickets. They are ignoring other people's tickets as well.

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME :

I never broke any of the DAYZ Hosting Rules. There was no reason for HA to shut my server down. If you do not believe me then prove me wrong with some video or screenshot. My server was {DayZ - US 400 (v1.7.2.6/Beta 96584) [VETERAN [3DP:ON] ][ Pings Limited to 100ms] dayzmod.com - Hosted By [-X] ArchAngel-7- | dayzhosting.com} . Find some evidence, then come back here and show me where I broke the rules. If you can't do that, then STFU and go find someone else to bother. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking you know everything.

• Like 1

is this another "you get what you paid for" thread?

not trying to be mean but, seriously? what did you expect?

a lot of people think going with cheap is the way to go.

if you actually looked at what the requirements are to run 1 dayz server and the cost of a dedicated server box in a datacenter, you would soon realize that the costs just don't add up..

so... you get what you paid for?

it's sad, but...... it always happens..

maybe.. just maybe, the new company won't be run badly.. but... I highly doubt it.

I have nothing against host altitude , I am just stating my opinion and what I have witnessed for many games and hosts simular to ha..

Goodluck!

Bushman: you sir are an ignorant moron. I don't even know why you care to comment on this post. Your accusations are proof of your ignorance and sound like those coming from a 12 year old. You don't even have the slightest idea who I am, what my server was like and what goes on with dayz server hosting. You remind me of every teleporting hacker that I have had the displeasure to run into. You obviously enjoy pissing people off by irritating them. Other than irritation, I see know reason for you to comment on this post. If you think that HA shut my server down, then that is your prerogative. I on the other hand know exactly what happened. What I don't know is why they are not responding to any tickets. That is the question here. I am not asking why my server is down. I want to know why they are not answering any tickets. They are not just ignoring my tickets. They are ignoring other people's tickets as well.

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME :

I never broke any of the DAYZ Hosting Rules. There was no reason for HA to shut my server down. If you do not believe me then prove me wrong with some video or screenshot. My server was {DayZ - US 400 (v1.7.2.6/Beta 96584) [VETERAN [3DP:ON] ][ Pings Limited to 100ms] dayzmod.com - Hosted By [-X] ArchAngel-7- | dayzhosting.com} . Find some evidence, then come back here and show me where I broke the rules. If you can't do that, then STFU and go find someone else to bother. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking you know everything.

I didnt say you broke any rules,i sugested what could be.you dont even know whats wrong so stfu.you wanna get mad and start calling names,you can eat a dic.im glad you have problems sucker.

Edited by Bushman

Hey, im new here but I have also got the exact same problem. I have been renting a server recently through host altitude and they have been totally messing me about. I have received no reply to several emails and support tickets. I have sent them one final one stating if they do not sort out this problem by wednesday of next week, then I will be forced to submit a dispute with paypal. Thank god, i did not pay for several months in advance. Hope theres not too many caught in that situation.

Cheers,

[MRA] Foxy

Hey, im new here but I have also got the exact same problem. I have been renting a server recently through host altitude and they have been totally messing me about. I have received no reply to several emails and support tickets. I have sent them one final one stating if they do not sort out this problem by wednesday of next week, then I will be forced to submit a dispute with paypal. Thank god, i did not pay for several months in advance. Hope theres not too many caught in that situation.

Cheers,

[MRA] Foxy

Yeah, consider it lost if you server goes down. They still have not responded to any of the 20 tickets i have opened since OCT 2nd. My bill is due for next month, tomorrow. If they think I am paying that, then they are crazy. There is no other reason I can think of for a company to completely ignore their customers other than they are shutting down. I think that is what is happening here

I didnt say you broke any rules,i sugested what could be.you dont even know whats wrong so stfu.you wanna get mad and start calling names,you can eat a dic.im glad you have problems sucker.

Your location believes me to think you are roughly 13, does your mommy know you are playing an M rated game?

In all honesty, Host Altitude was sketch from the beginning. But I'm very sorry to hear this had to happen to you and I seriously hope you get your money back. :( This is why I've yet to decide on a hosting provider for DayZ, there are too many companies still taking advantage of people

In all honesty, Host Altitude was sketch from the beginning. But I'm very sorry to hear this had to happen to you and I seriously hope you get your money back. :( This is why I've yet to decide on a hosting provider for DayZ, there are too many companies still taking advantage of people

Yeah, got your pm. I saw the same thing on twitter. I wonder how their minecraft hosting has been affected. Either my money back or a month or two of free service should do it. I am currently looking at other providers.

There were and are so many "fly by night" hosting offers for DayZ... it is hard to really know what the truth is.

Look for a hosting company that offers more then just DayZ would be the first and most important thing to do.

Personally, I went thru 3 different hosting companies before choosing ViLayer.

I have had nothing but good things to say about my service with them. So much so that i now have them in my sigunature on these forums...

You can choose who ever suits your needs... Ask around from people who actually are customers of the ones you are looking at...

Don't be swayed by any 1 persons opinions about any hosting provider.

Your location believes me to think you are roughly 13, does your mommy know you are playing an M rated game?

Im a grown man homie,is it common to have 13 yr olds in your wifes bed?

There were and are so many "fly by night" hosting offers for DayZ... it is hard to really know what the truth is.

Look for a hosting company that offers more then just DayZ would be the first and most important thing to do.

Personally, I went thru 3 different hosting companies before choosing ViLayer.

I have had nothing but good things to say about my service with them. So much so that i now have them in my sigunature on these forums...

You can choose who ever suits your needs... Ask around from people who actually are customers of the ones you are looking at...

Don't be swayed by any 1 persons opinions about any hosting provider.

Rofl, plug for your employer much?

• Like 1

Host Altitude was started back in 2011, they started hosting DayZ Servers back with HFBServers and ViLayer at the beginning of DayZ. They all have been around since the start and Host Altitude isn't one of those "quick-buck companies" like some of the others around here.

That said, I don't know what's going on with HA.

Im a grown man homie,is it common to have 13 yr olds in your wifes bed?

You might be a grown man, it's that your comments make you out to be a sociopath that feeds on peoples greiving!

So, Host Altitude has provided me with the worst support I've ever received anywhere. My server went down and I waited two weeks to get it back up again..and now it's down again because I have to assume they deprovisioned it rather than just updated the RAM like I asked.

Do not, I repeat, do not rent a dedicated box from Host Altitude. I don't know what the hell Jonathan is doing right now. He's on skype but is not responding to me. Horrible service.

It is inexcusable.

1. Going out of business? No excuse. Not my problem. I want my money back per our contract.

2. Getting bought out? No excuse. Develop a transition plan. The company buying you want to keep your current customers.

3. Short-handed? No excuse. You've been telling us that for 4 months now. HIre somebody.

See 2 attached ticket threads.

post-73743-0-67411200-1350703930_thumb.p

post-73743-0-91354700-1350703914_thumb.p

SUMMARY FOR ALL THE FOLKS OUT THERE

Spend your hard earned dollars on the businesses that care about their customers. They'll be the ones that survive. I hope you go under Host Altitude because your simply suck.

Edited by TrEuDaT