Jex =TE= (DayZ)

Are Choppers needed in DayZ?

See Jex is it so hard to discuss a point without an insult?

Who cares about realism, we can just assume that our characters have a military background since they seem to have basic weapon and survival skills since if we get into this whole realism argument our characters would be extremely limited in what they can do. If we go with a strict realism argument you might as well get rid of medical system, shooting, fixing cars, running for prolonged periods, and other skills that not everyone has.

As far as advantages I will say it again, this game is not about balance. If it was we would have starting loadouts because the guy with an AKM shooting at the guy with a double barrel shotgun is unfair as well. Why should someone who is good at the game or has put in the massive amount of work that goes with finding and repairing a helicopter be punished because they now have a legitimate advantage over other players. The advantage was not easily obtained and the helicopters are very rare and stay destroyed for up to 7 days so they are not a common occurrence on regular servers, not really seeing why this is some huge problem that can not be solved with a few minor tweaks. Helicopters are rather easy to take down and almost every player will attempt to shoot at the players in a helicopter and the helicopter itself so it does come with significant drawbacks. Your argument about ease of travel applies to vehicles and I have used an offroad truck to effectively search for campsites and hidden vehicles in the past, so many of your points transfer over to items, weapons, and vehicles that you seem to be perfectly fine with (this is why people assume you are butthurt about a particular incident, maybe you are not but you can at least see why some would think that).

We will most likely disagree on this topic no matter what either of us says, just try not to get so worked up over this shit it really is not worth it and the reason you get harsh responses is completely on you. When the majority of people respond negatively to the way you are acting it is not an indication that everyone else is stupid.

Where's the fun in being civil! ;)

Look driving a car looking for camp sites IS NOT the same as using a chopper - surely you can see this? I have never said this game is about balance...

For such an advantage what is there to balance this out? (Balance!!!! I hear u say but hear me out ok....) A chopper requires regular maintenance - you don't just add fuel and it flies forever needing fuck all servicing. You want a chopper, u maintain it or have the rotor blades fall off mid flight.

If choppers are going to be allowed, the forests need to be fixed so they aren't ridiculously see through (they need to be fixed on the ground too) and adding camo netting won't cut it either.

The game is striving for authenticity - choppers are not authentic. They are a cheap and easy overpowered mode of transport to a few players putting everyone else at a disadvantage, for the reasons I stated in my OP. There is no drawback once fixed up (You can get a chopper fixed and flown away in 5 minutes with the mere basics so there's no "Hard work" required at this point). Once you have the chopper, you fly it off map so nobody has a chance of finding it.

Now following the lines of dayz and "It's a survival game it's not meant to be fair" then the chopper should malfunction and drop out the sky randomly because what everyone here is arguing (for choppers) is that "Dayz isn't meant to be fair unless it affects me or what I want. I don't want the choppers to need servicing every few hours and the trees don't need fixing because I like being able to find players bases without putting in any real effort"

That's what I seem to be reading here. All the benefit to the few with no "dayz isn't meant to be fair" thrown in. When u own a chopper, where's the "unfairness" that's thrown in there - what negatives are there that the players must face once they have one. I'll tell you - they don't, there are none. They only have advantage.

For such an advantage what is there to balance this out?

Anti-Aircraft Weapons would be a good start.

but in all fairness the OP started this thread out in terrible fashion and the tone reflects that fact. Starts with a simple response that was not at all insulting and the OP turns around and calls the poster an asshole, really was uncalled for and then the OP just continued down that path.

Show me where I did this? Was it after he assumed that I

Sorry someone killed you from a chopper. Better luck next time.

To which I responded

Sorry, never been killed from a chopper so stick it back up ur ass where it came from ;)

Seeing stuff on the ground is easy when you have 2 guys in the gunner's seat looking for you (and not too hard when you don't)

You reply to me with a dick quote meant to antagonize, then don't start crying when I respond back in kind - remember this is dayz, it isn't meant to be fair ;)

You want to make untrue claims about me, go fuck yourself basically.

Let's break down ur first post

Yes please lets all ask for more things to be taken out, fuck asking for more items like normal fucking gamers lets sit around and ask the developers to leave us with only crowbars, makarovs, and double barrel shotguns so people can feel all safe and cuddly in the game. Lets seek to "balance" a game where balance does not belong.

Mmmm ok

Instead of fixing the canopy (which sounds more like your computer having rendering issues, I see trees just fine) you call for taking out the Chopper.

Great glad it all works for you - what about everyone else - are they not important too?

ok...

You say the tree canopy is broken and instead of asking for that to be fixed you want them to remove an ultra rare vehicle that only one or two people on the map will have at one time.

Did you read my OP?

If choppers are going to be allowed, the forests need to be fixed so they aren't ridiculously see through (they need to be fixed on the ground too) and adding camo netting won't cut it either.

Nope I didn't think so and no it isn't rendering issues - everyone can see this - it's the way arma renders the objects and also, by turning ur graphics all the way down will probably make it easier to see but of course, nobody would ever think to do this.

As a rule of thumb, people will take you more seriously when you at least make an effort to correctly use the English language. "U" and "Ur" are not real words, please for the sake of the human race and out of respect for the language we speak, make an effort to be grammatically correct. I hate to have to be the person to say this, because I have horrible spelling and did poorly in English in school. I happen to be replying to you, but I'm generalizing to everyone who posts online.

Numpty statement 1. Actually I make my posts for people who aren't bothered about the way people type on an internet forum. If you don't like the way I type, you know where the door is.

I'm starting to believe that the people who do not support having the Huey in game are the people who do not have the real life time to allocate to DayZ to make the Huey a viable option for them, so their solution is to try and find ways to prevent other people from having it.

Numpty statement 2 (and u were doing so well in your initial post). I just love the way people engage their brainz around here - let me see, I just thought of one reason that could be a possible explanation so I'm going to turn it into a belief system and just go with it and make a sweeping generalisation that I just pulled out my ass. I have plenty of time (relatively) to play dayz and in fact the server we run we took away the choppers. If we didn't have the server, my friends and I could easily run a chopper between us. But yes, everyone who doesn't have time to play are that much of an asshole they'd rather nobody has it - did you bother to read the OP at all?

I would argue that a good portion of the people who play DayZ have never handled a firearm, let alone fired or maintained one, therefore why should they be able to use a firearm in DayZ?

OK simple test. I'll give someone a rifle and 10 minutes with it then we'll go back and see how they got on. Next we'll put them in the seat of a chopper and we'll give them an hour and they wouldn't have even started it.

Your thread is bad, your idea is bad, your posting style is bad....just give it up. People like the chopper and no amount of you saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT" is going to change that. If I was a mod here you'd have been given a timeout.

Is it still that bad? Seems to me like Battleye has been clamping down on the duping in a major way. I haven't been hit by a script kiddie in weeks, but I constantly see "script restriction" messages from BE. I know there are still many duped/scripted weapons in circulation, but it's only a matter of time before things normalize.

I thought off-map vehicles get wiped and reset during server restart (i.e. they don't save off the map)?

Two helis per server would be cool. Any more and it turns into a heli DM :)

Not sure if they get wiped and not sure how far off the map actually is. Why is anymore than 2 bad? Why not have 30 choppers in a server - after all it isn't meant to be balanced so we can just put in as many as we like right? Why not have a helideath match - in fact just make the choppers respawn instantly so we can just get in the air and fill the skies or is it ok for you to impose limits on choppers but not me? Just making a point here ;)

For a guy having an Evil Dead 2 pic of Ash u seem to not like fun...if ur going to be a boring twat do it without the Ash pic cuz I feel bad for ur profile pic.

Just another Evil Dead wannab fan

My question is... why ask a dumb question?

Choppers are fucking ace!!

That, my friend, is the deepest and most profound question the universe has ever seen....

I ain't here to entertain ur shit life with forum posts.

So go do one u sad cunt.

That, my friend, is the deepest and most profound question the universe has ever seen....

Your thread is bad, your idea is bad, your posting style is bad....just give it up. People like the chopper and no amount of you saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT" is going to change that. If I was a mod here you'd have been given a timeout.

Oh Sorry. Did you argument get destroyed? Is that why you are now having a tantrum? Did you throw ur teddy out the pram? I have never said anyone is wrong, I have rebutted arguments or accusations made against me. If people wish to be an ass in their posts, why can't I be in mine? This is Dayz - "ooooh we can't have balance in the game and I can be a dick as much as I like bit oh no - don't come to the forums and give some of it back QQ - This is Dayz and Life isn't fair remember!!"

If I was a mod here I'd ban you for being a hater of free speech, ideas and discussion :P

Not sure if they get wiped and not sure how far off the map actually is. Why is anymore than 2 bad? Why not have 30 choppers in a server - after all it isn't meant to be balanced so we can just put in as many as we like right? Why not have a helideath match - in fact just make the choppers respawn instantly so we can just get in the air and fill the skies or is it ok for you to impose limits on choppers but not me? Just making a point here ;)

k whatever man. this is unproductive, i'm out

For a guy having an Evil Dead 2 pic of Ash u seem to not like fun...if ur going to be a boring twat do it without the Ash pic cuz I feel bad for ur profile pic.

Just another Evil Dead wannab fan

LMAO - care to explain how "not to like fun" equates to a discussion about choppers dumbass?

Don't be scared of ur account getting banned on here lol

Luv how people talk shit in an intelligent way on here cuz they don't want to get banned.

Change ya profile pic u wannab hardcore horror film lover lol

Oh Sorry. Did you argument get destroyed? Is that why you are now having a tantrum? Did you throw ur teddy out the pram? I have never said anyone is wrong, I have rebutted arguments or accusations made against me. If people wish to be an ass in their posts, why can't I be in mine? This is Dayz - "ooooh we can't have balance in the game and I can be a dick as much as I like bit oh no - don't come to the forums and give some of it back QQ - This is Dayz and Life isn't fair remember!!"

If I was a mod here I'd ban you for being a hater of free speech, ideas and discussion :P

I ain't here to entertain ur shit life with forum posts.

So go do one u sad cunt.

Living proof the world has no shortage of dumbass assholes.

Don't be scared of ur account getting banned on here lol

Luv how people talk shit in an intelligent way on here cuz they don't want to get banned.

Change ya profile pic u wannab hardcore horror film lover lol

And why would I get banned? For what exactly - care to answer that one numpty?

You didn't argue anything... You stuck your efingers in your ears and SAID NO YOU'RE WRONG. You're a failure and it's time to toast this thread with MLP.

Edited by Lobo

You didn't argue anything... You stuck your efingers in your ears and SAID NO YOU'RE WRONG. You're a failure and it's time to toast this thread with MLP.

Yes of course I did, 6 pages of reasoned responses (with or without chilli) would say otherwise of course if you bothered to read them.

Jex the difference between us is I can acknowledge when I was wrong starting out, yet you are too much of a bitch to do the same. You could have easily changed the tone of this entire thread, but instead you fought the good fight of telling everyone else they are stupid and you are brilliant.

Could we graveyard this useless circle jerk please.

• Like 1

Your comparing something that spawns 3 of in game against 30+ other somethings - how is this even close to being a comparison? Not only that, can you fly any of these vehicles you listed? Can they travel across the map in a straight line at twice the speed of most vehicles?

So you have no issues with choppers being these super powered machines that never need any maintenance and can see through forests with ease - nobody here has a problem with this right? You all are perfectly happy to get ur camps raided and find nothing but crap at chopper crash sites and then get ur asses sniped by an AS50 - everyone here is totally ok with that and doesn't think any of this needs addressing one bit.

How many Urals per server? Oh yeah-one.

How many PBX's? Oh yeah-also one.

If a Ural or PBX dies, how quickly does it respawn? next server start.

Kill a chopper, wait 7 days.

Chopper storage: 30 items and 3 weapons/tools.

Ural storage: 200 items, 50 weapons/tools, an 8 backpacks.

A Ural is a freaking mobile base, and that is not, in your eyes, a desirable vehicle?

As others have said, at this point, all you are doing is putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "lalala!"

He's prob got dicks in his ears...uncle fucker mayb

How many Urals per server? Oh yeah-one.

How many PBX's? Oh yeah-also one.

If a Ural or PBX dies, how quickly does it respawn? next server start.

Kill a chopper, wait 7 days.

Chopper storage: 30 items and 3 weapons/tools.

Ural storage: 200 items, 50 weapons/tools, an 8 backpacks.

A Ural is a freaking mobile base, and that is not, in your eyes, a desirable vehicle?

As others have said, at this point, all you are doing is putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "lalala!"