Sign in to follow this  
FLMedic Doc

Nice to see a friendly face

The adventure of Doc vol.2

Tired of all the carpet bombs dropping from all over the place by hackers, I tried something new and logged onto a private server.

I woke up at the beach again, no big surprise there. But as i turned around, I saw the airfield; boleta, one of the frequent place bandits check up on. So i decided to not check there at all and moved at the direction towards cherno.

Found a car just lying in the middle of the road, THANK YOU BEANS GOD, it was badly damaged but still worked. Going at 34km/.h I finally parked it in some industrial ground and left to search for some parts. As soon as I arrived at the mall, i noticed that, other than the firehouse, everything was BLOWN UP, with 2 crashed heli around the church, or what's left of it. Anyone could tell this was probably the work of scriptkids but greed and curiosity got the better hold of me, i went and investigate. I than learned that curiosity killed the cat; as I got near one of the heli, my legs broke and inches away from my head was...bunch of charges. before I can even say OHH SH*** KABOOOOMMMM.

Luckily I woke up again to find that I was very close to where I parked my car. As I entered some civilian building, in front of me was another survivor; Adrenaline rushed and I almost pulled the trigger and emptied some rounds of AK into this survivor. After calming down, i realized this one had no weapon at all, just a czech pack. I told him I wasn't going to kill him, no response. I told him he can tag along long as he doesn't find a weapon, still no response, but he followed anyway. As we arrived at the firehouse, this survivor immediately rushed into the firehouse, thinking that this one is a bad egg and probably was trying to find a weapon to kill me, I climbed up the ladder to the top of the firehouse. I see him picking up an Ak so I quickly arm my own Ak and screamed "PUT THE GUN DOWN, ON THE GROUND, RIGHT NOW", he reloads his weapon, turned around and stared right back at me. The tension lessened when he started to swing his head around like a kid who just got his first toy weapon.

So we ended up not killing each other and separated. I went back to my fully repaired car, drove it to the railtrack, only to find yet again the same survivor previously encountered getting chased by a bunch of zeds. Not wanting to let anyone die today, I stopped the car and told him to get in. It got very quiet on the car, and I was bothered by that. I asked him if he can speak english or chinese because I am fluent in both. after a few min i finally see something on the typed chat, he said "I Japanese" LOL well at least it's mutual.

We got to electro, he suddenly ejects out of the car and ran into the church, i stopped the car by the fire house, got out and was immediately shot by an lee enfield. Frustrated I had one last look at the screen, thinking that it was him who killed me, I remembered that we had the same weapon and he logged out right after running into the church. The evidence was revealed when some bandit with his facewrap walked over me.

You know who you are, and if you believe that what happened earlier today was fun and the way you like to play DayZ, pm me and we should fight side by side again

Lesson learned: it's fine if you die over n' over again, but give other people chances, because that's how you shape others and let them know that it doesn't always have to be resolved by killing. If you want to change that, YOU need to start first :)

Edited by FLM Doc

I saw the airfield; boleta, one of the frequent place bandits check up on.

I could be in a car wreck going 95 mph and hit a brick wall, be in a coma for 48 months and if the first thing i spelled waking up was boleta i pray rocket would put a pillow over my face and suffocate me for my wrong doing as a vegatable.

its not an italian dish polenta

its the airfield balota

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

I could be in a car wreck going 95 mph and hit a brick wall, be in a comma for 48 months and if the first thing i spelled waking up was boleta i pray rocket would put a pillow over my face and suffocate me for my wrong doing as a vegatable.

its not an italian dish polenta

its the airfield balota

I'd rather be in a coma than in a comma. Less painfull.

• Like 1

I am generally very careful about approaching anyone holding anything that can be used as a weapon.

Most survivors that crawl around because they broke a leg, are still capable of killing you. Even if you are a medic, they cannot see that. I really wish that Hero skins, or medic skins would be more obvious.

A hero just looks like another survivor to me.

Usually when a survivor is obviously hurt I try to speak on voice that I'm a medic. Just yell out "I'm a medic, I will heal you" or "friendly friendly".

The last one doesn't always work, I got my good deal of bullets up my ass after waving around bloodbags or morphine at people.

I would even aid bandits, but they let you fix them up and they usually just kill you afterwards for your stuff. So I try to avoid helping bandits at all.

Luckily you can easily see who is a bandit and who is not.

A lot of people here on the forums get scared with stories about people who try to be friendly and now turned bandit because they got raped a few times too often.

Being shot at doesn't help being friendly.

But don't shoot first and ask questions later.

If you don't trust it, avoid it :)

Since I only trust people with broken bones I managed to stay alive for a while now.

Edited by Osaka

I am not going to edit it just so Steak n' patata can laugh and crit about it every time he sees it ;)

So basic rules(for me), you see an:

1. Unarmed survivor/hero/other skins- ask if they need help

2. armed survivor/hero/other skins- avoid or hide first to force them drop their weapons

3. armed Bandit/ghille with sniper rifles- avoid or KoS

4. everyone else not mentioned- avoid n' RoS

"4. everyone else not mentioned- avoid n' RoS"

I once saw a zombie priest running with a bazooka. I ALT F4'ed.