Sign in to follow this  
harley001

Psychopaths

If someone kills another person not to loot but for fun then he is not a bandit. He is a psychopath. I think the humanity you lose when you kill someone should be changed. If you kill someone and don't loot the body in 10 minutes you lose double the humanity. If you reach -15000 humaity you get a psychopath skin. Its basically regular clothing COVERED in blood. So you almost look like a zombie. The advantage is that it increases you're run speed by 15%.

• Like 1

I can kind of understand giving these types of people their own skin, but I can imagine several situations where you would kill someone in self defense, and then not get a chance to loot the body afterwards.

Also, why do they get a bonus?

• Like 1

No. Loot idea is bad too. Automatic hero and bandit skins are bad enough. Ultimately players should be able customise their skins. Forcing a player to be a bandit skin/hero skin isn’t ideal. Eventually I would like to see people being able to loot bodies for skins/clothing. Hero skins/bandit skins should be harder to achieve and would optional. Then players, if so inclined, could loot the clothes off a body and take on the characteristics of that skin.

It is the banality of evil. Evil comes in all shapes and sizes. There is no grand arbiter that enforces what people look like and therfore how they are judged by others. No magical deity should do the same in DayZ. People need to gauge people through communication, observation and above all else suspicion. Taking the magical change of clothes out of the game would increase tension.

-edit-lets qualify this

-Skins at a certain stage of humanity become avalible...a random suprise change of clothes isn't very flavourful BUT a basic reward for play style is a sensible addition to the game

-OR Skins can be looted, from the world and off other players. Adding more tension to the game. Heros can infiltrate as bandits, bandits can be heros, aspirational players can murder players for skins to skip the pesky humanity required

-Nobody really knows who somebody is despite their clothing. Deepen skins through harder to achive skins or skins added to loot.

Throwing in some human guile and cunning instead of arbitary RPG stat decreeing what you look deepens the Player encounter aspect of the game. Much to the rage of carebears and bambis all along the coast

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

I can kind of understand giving these types of people their own skin, but I can imagine several situations where you would kill someone in self defense, and then not get a chance to loot the body afterwards.

Also, why do they get a bonus?

Why do hero's get a bonus? Hero's get a even better bonus.

I agree that skins should become available but not enforced on players. If a bandit wants to walk around in a Hero outfit then why not - its great camouflage.

If there are different skins or outfits available some of them (like the current bandit skin) will become known to be only worn by bandits. Who else would wear it? But if a bandit wants to look just like everyone else then fairs fair.

The moral - dont judge a book by its cover. Just shoot everyone.

Bringing back the skins was the best decision they have made in a long time, hope to see it stay. I now have the choice of choosing to help someone wearing a hero skin (Yes, this can backfire at times but generally not) and I simply shoot on sight anyone wearing a bandit skin without remorse.

Over 70% of our communication when dealing with other people is via body language, in a game like this you dont have this option, the skins go a long way of forewarning or giving you an indication of the type of person you have in your crosshairs.

Otherwise the game goes back to a mindless slaughter again... *shudder*

I like the Psychopath idea, but the running boost idea has been done.

Why not make them able to eat raw meat without cooking it? Or Zombies aggro them less often? Get creative.

I've met a few legitimate bandits in my time, and they shouldn't have to be tarred with the same brush as CoD kiddies.

The hero skin is the sign of someone who made the concious effort to not take the lazy assholes easy route of just shooting everybody.

I earned it though hard work and taking risks to help people.

To trivialise that by making it lootable by bandits is just one more benefit to KoSers.

If you want to play a shit game, wait for warZ, don't try and drag DayZ down.

The trouble with psychopaths is they look just like everyone else, it is not how you look but what you do and the reasons you do them that marks you out as a good or a bad person.

If skins are removed completely and players customise thier clothing, or it is randomised at the beginning and you then find clothes as you go it will be easier too identify particular players.

Of course if a murderer finds he is too recognisable to other players he can then go and change clothes just as he would in real life - this is realistic.

Having a class system and trying to make players look like they way they behave is is a flawed system, understandable for a mod where time and resources mean there is a limit to what can be added to the game.

I was involved in a firefight i didn't start, i shot 2 players that ambushed me and i got a bandit skin........ I was a medic on a mission to help someone at the time.

I like the idea of 'psychopaths', that's a nice way to distinguish between those who kill out of necessity from those who kill for fun.

The looting idea wouldn't work though. Yesterday I came under fire from a group in a car. I dropped one of them before running like hell and managing to escape. I didn't loot the corpse so apparently I'm a psychopath? Running to try and loot he corpse in that situation would have been psychotic... xD

• Like 1

just one question, how do you suggest for the game to distinguish between someone who kills for necessity and someone who kills for fun.

IMO we all kill for necessity, because we need to survive, either its in self defense, or whatever excuse you make. But if you kill just because its fun gets boring, not acomplishing anything is tiring, imagine quake without the rankings and losers and winners, by sniping on a hill you can accomplish lots of things but just killing is pointless.

Also i can kill for necessity and have fun, fun is the consequence of acomplishment, the result, while necessity can be the cause, anything can be the cause. Psychos kill because they dont think normally or whatever.

I am not saying you are wrong, i understand we(me too) want to diminish the pvp in this game, but i dont see skins and speed buffs that would get exploited easily as a way to counter it....

And how can you know if you killed him or someone in your group(no debug shit or kill message)... what if the firefight lasts longer?

Bad idea, wont work... and those who kill for fun wont care if they get bad humanity, hell they may even like it.

What about a neon-pink jacket that glows in the dark, if you have used a script or combat logged? No, wait a "Chicken" skin for combat loggers. A huge chicken outfit.

Bringing back the skins was the best decision they have made in a long time, hope to see it stay. I now have the choice of choosing to help someone wearing a hero skin (Yes, this can backfire at times but generally not) and I simply shoot on sight anyone wearing a bandit skin without remorse.

Meanwhile i just saw i video of someone who plays as a hero and his friend spot 3 snipers, flanked them and after a small firefight(the snipers started) both got bandit skins. For self defence.

So that means you also shoot heroes -> you are a hypocritical bandit scum with no conscience(you feel no remorse) -> you would get the psychopath skin op suggested.

The more I think about it, I really dislike a set skin idea. It should just be a customizable thing. I mean, really, if some guy is evil, he's not going to wear "evil" clothing, he's just going to be a dude. A regular dude, that you have to take the time to judge for yourself. I think the idea of skins for humanity makes everything too easy.