Rawson

Deciding when another player is a threat.

A friend and I were playing last night in cherno. We had found a decent amount of beans and while we were about to make our way out another player came inside. He had a winchester while me and my friend only had the starting makarov. Just as he was about to enter our room i shot him in the head out of fear. Now im curious as to when anyone else decideds to that another player is too dangerous to live?

I tend to look at it another way. Not how dangerous is this stranger, but instead, how much do I have to lose at this moment? I tend to be MUCH more forgiving on a new life than on a char that is a week in and well provisioned.

Come around a corner at me just after I have found a tent and you had better be shooting....

coudn't agree more with systemik. exactly the way i do.

You really did not decide anything you just shot the guy.

BTW do you use the same name in game? so I know if I see it to shoot you in the head.

If another player invades my workspace, I either secure my position or retreat.

OMG RAWSON YOU BANDIT!!!!

Rawson sounds like a nice guy. I'm sure that if the guy with the Winchester knew you guys were in there and said friendly Rawson wouldn't have shot.

Now what is considered a bandit? is Rawson really a bandit? The guy didn't have time to shoot back. But if rawson waited for the guy to shoot, him or his friend could have been killed in one shot.

Putting the title "bandit" on people, like Rawson, that are really just trying not get shot is wrong.

What game mechanic will be able to tell if someone is a bandit or not? Especially in this type situation.

P.S. I would have done the same.

Usually if a player is moving, then I consider them hostile. Outside of that, the only time I will shoot another player is if they are not moving.

I get that the way this comes off kinda makes me sound like an ass but i really try to avoid people as often as i can. i find it safer. and 9 times outta 10 i will throw the friendly message out there. however, this was number 10. i had 10 beans to myself and honestly. im not one for giving out my location in the middle of cherno.

Yes i use my name in game too. Hopefully, if i play smart like i try to. you wont ever know i was around and we wont have a problem