Sign in to follow this  
ybm

Loot not spawning? No zombies?

I've played the other three maps available on dayz commander, namely: Lingor, Fallujah, and Takistan in that order. The thing I've noticed on all of these maps is most of the time when I run into a city, zombies don't spawn and no loot spawns either. On top of that, now everytime I play an aftermarket map, I get kicked. Can someone throw me a bone here?

• Like 1

Do you have the right launch options? The other maps for dayz don't have as much time or effort put into them so the loot and zombies are frigged.

Edited by terrex

The kicking problem I figured out, it's my internet being stupid but the loot not spawning has always been a problem. My launch options are fine, I checked a few times.

Might wanna try Chernaurus and see if it's happening on there, as said above, the extra maps aren't 100% working with the loot and such.

Cherno is having the same problem, zombies may spawn but you may have you wait a minute or 2 for the loot too spawn. Deer stands almost never carry loot anymore. Let's hope they fix this in an upcomming patch.

Plenty of crashed helis though ^^

Edited by filas02
  • Like 1

Ybm, I'm convinced the last dayz update was messed with by some intern because spawning has become unreliable and unpredictable. From day one, I can sometimes arrive in a town and find nothing but but empty cans and backpacks.

However, I'd be interested in knowing how much, if any control server admins have over loot spawning - apart from freqency. You often see "server restarts every 6 hours" or similar messages but I know of servers where the loot simply doesn't respawn and the vehicles either. And in one instance I was told it was because the admin was busy is real life and had no time to restart the server, so no new stuff. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly a concern. I've gone back the following day and the same stuff is still on the ground in the fire station, for example, so no new weapons, for day after day.

Does anyone know for a fact if that could be the problem?

Second time today I have to say, I agree with Filas. There's a lot of hanging around waiting for respawns rather than actually playing. I find myself wondering if Rocket ever checks these things by spending an hour running the game anymore. It's the only way he'll ever understand what impact these issues have on how we play and what it makes us feel about the game.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

I have the same problem, i`ve been playing Chernarus, Tavianna and panthera, and for a while everything is fine, zombies chase me, loot spawns, but then after a while loot disapears, zombies stop spawning, and the ones that are already spawned dont even chase me if i stand in front of them...

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution?

. I find myself wondering if Rocket ever checks these things by spending an hour running the game anymore. e

I don't know why I keep seeing this everywhere, I thought Rocket had nothing to do with the mod anymore, and that was all Razor. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that all he does dayz-wise is work on standalone now.

I don't know why I keep seeing this everywhere, I thought Rocket had nothing to do with the mod anymore, and that was all Razor. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that all he does dayz-wise is work on standalone now.

The op was from october last year

I know this is a little old, but since I'm having this loot spawing issue I stumbled across this thread and felt i needed to comment on this.

First Razor busts his ass working on the MOD, and second the mod is for Chenarus not Panthera, why would razor be testing to see if loot spawns on a project he is not working on? 

PS, Love you Sula.

Edited by Bakermensch