Sign in to follow this  
The_Falconer

Experience(Not what you think).

Don't you think shooting a gun more often will make you more accurate? Better at recoil handling? I think shooting a round out of your gun makes you VERY SLIGHTLY(maxing out at number of rounds). Say shooting a AK-74 kicks about 100(random example number) and shooting say x rounds reduces it to 95 max. This is made for when ammo is much more rare and military weapons and ammo are extremely rare(standalone). This makes a lot of sense for it being a military simulator.

Sorry, i have to disagree with this one. Anything where one player is given an advantage over another sheerly through a computed system is just wrong in my book. It's like saying the more you run in the game the more your stamina builds up, it means a slight advantage for those players who've kept their characters alive for an hour longer over those who have just spawned in. (for some reason i dont think i worded all this right)

• Like 3

I kinda agree but to me it encourages lower tier/more common weapons to be used. In the standalone military tech will(hopefully)be a lot more rare and a lot harder to use this system and as the op said its EXTREMELY SLIGHTLY boost.

Anything that gives a PvP advantage is going to kill the game, I think you could only implement this with non PvP skils. Survival type stuff, and it has been discussed on the forums. Also has to be a passive type system. Whta I mean is no skills trees, has to be something that is completely in the background and it can't be anything crazy. Slight stuff.

Edit: Ex. Gutting X amount of animals over an X amount of in game time allows you to get an extra slice of meat or 2 out of the animal. Or after bandaging/giving blood transfusions X amount of times over X amount of in game time allows you to more effectively administer blood (someone who isn't experienced in this may waste blood during transfusions) or can better bandage wounds (someone who isn't experienced maybe need an extra bandage to properly stop bleeding or maybe when they banadage, blood loss isn't stopped immediately, takes X seconds for the wound to clot). Stuff like this gives no PvP advantage but gives much more worth to tour character and gives you something to work towards.

Edited by Lights Out

As i mentioned above it is very slight(maybe 1-5%) and not enough to completely destroy pvp and overpower the system. Sneaking up on someone is always going to win in this game. This may only affect firefights in which both people are firing at the exact same time with the exact same gun and one has fired more rounds than the other.

Edit: And i completely agree with above edit.

Edited by The_Falconer

I kinda agree but to me it encourages lower tier/more common weapons to be used. In the standalone military tech will(hopefully)be a lot more rare and a lot harder to use this system and as the op said its EXTREMELY SLIGHTLY boost.

This will break DayZ, I think. I believe the only experience you gain is actual knowledge you gain to just plain out survive. This is one factor in DayZ that sets itself apart from WarZ. WarZ has this spoonfeeding system where you can set certain skills (probably available by purchasing). I swear, gamers nowadays are being given the silver spoon. Suffer a little!

I think Rocket has sort of indicated character specific passive skill boosts (doctors / mechanics / hunters etc.) as his way of adding value to player lives.

I've got no Idea if that means he's seriously considering it, but as long as it doesn't give any player an advantage in combat mechanics I like it.

It would give particular roles to players who choose to play as a team, without being unfair to the lonewolf playstyle.

Weapon skill is a big no no in my book, the playing field is level when it comes to PvP (apart from weapons per player) and that's the way it should stay.

NO! .. I think better things for improving accuary are weapon upgrades... forgrip especially...