combatcomm1

The Ban TS3 thread!

OP claims to be a communications expert for the military' date=' yet he is not only unable to communicate his idea to us without riddling it with grammar and spelling errors, he is actually dumb enough to suggest "hacking" into the computers of every Day Z user, and naive enough to think he can control what non-invasive programs users run alongside their game.

Either OP is a lying five year old or I am deeply, deeply concerned about the state of his country's military. Cuz than ID be worried about our country.

Its easier than people are making out, you just have to get Arma to take exclusive control of the soundcard, locking out or overriding other applications like TS3. its possible, but you could hack around it.

And what happens when someone refuses permissions to ArmA to do so? It just doesn't start? What happens when someone loads up additional drivers or switches to an onboard sound card? What happens if someone dual-boots, or emulates their sound card to trick Day Z? What happens when someone picks up a phone or plugs their mic into their nearby laptop and uses TS on that?

This isn't happening, and the idea is stupid.

Says a fat nobody eating dorritos and 80 cans of rockstar on his computer desk. Its so funny to me how some of you nerds who have done nothing with your life talk talk like that to me. I never suggested hacking others computers, i said thats the only way i could think it possible. You are that much more pathetic for the old grammer jab lol. Dude thats so sad that you think i should he concerned wih grammer on the internet forum. Lol wow. Just wow. Thats all you got?

I do t give a FUUUHUUCK if you dont like the idea. I did want to hear opinions but all i hear is whining at the ideas of non 24 hour gamers. Like u serious gamers are soo high and mighty.

Good thing many of you are too fat, scrawny and weak to join the military.

So because OP has no friends' date=' and an annoying voice that noone likes, he doesnt want people to beable to communicate.

This thread is based on one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard.

Please OP, explain why me being able to talk to the people next to me shouldnt be allowed? Is it because in a zombie world the atmosphere has been sucked out from spaceballs 1 and there is no medium for sound waves to travel? Or is it because in the zombie world the government has chopped everyone's tongues off?

In real life you would beable to talk to eachother........

[/quote']

Yah bro? Through your brain waves? Thats cool. Direct chat or radios only ;)

You little geeks get soooo angy lol. I suggest one hing about certain servers blocking TS and the hostility is beyond insane. Challenging im in the military?? Hah.

Yall still live in your moms basement?? Cuz i can bet you all do.

1. No, in the end we're talking about a game and there is a point where the "realism" gets out of hand. Besides how realistic are zombies to begin with? ;)

2. If you really must insist on it, why not instead utilize TS3 with in-game comms with the ACRE mod? In essence it works with TS to provide some very accurate comms, and maybe add another element of survival (find a radio and try calling for other friendly humans).

It's Rocket and Co.'s mod, and they're free to develop it any way they choose. That doesn't mean we can't make suggestions or point out issues, it just means we need to be happy with what we've got while we wait. ---- Says Techercizer, this douche.

It deff dosent sound like I am free to make suggestions lol. At least ones you dont like. Pathetic little kids man. The grammer thing, im still getting choked up on the old internet forum grammer police. lol

OP's mad ;)

I'm a Korean War vet. Are you? I'm done here.

I'm a green beret. Don't see me swinging that around, do we? You're done here.

These threads are retarded. Even if DayZ had the ability to shut down all voice comms, i would simply run it on my laptop or second pc. Most people i know through gaming have more than one system.

OP's mad ;)

I'm a green beret. Don't see me swinging that around' date=' do we? You're done here.

[/quote']

LMAO! Dude, I had to come back for that one. This guy has been messaging me on steam about im his new favorite person to troll and and hes looking for me in game to kill me. A green beret? You should be FUCKING ARRESTED! Pathetic little fuck! How dare you?

Your a little pimply faced teenager whos insecuties drive him to annoy normal people on forums so that they will get fed up with being in this sad community of forum goers and antisocial losers. Youd rather not be belittle by your nothingness. Without googling it, what is the current mask used by the Armed Forces? How many days do you inspect your gas mask during peace time? Wartime? What is FPCON? Fuck you bitch.

And Mr Grammer Police, you? Are you a doctor? Astronaut? Zombie Slayer? Thats it huh?

You guys love the drama cuz its the only social interaction you get in life. Its like a automatic immune responce you little fucks have. Dont like the idea, lets give the guy who started the thread MAJOR grief so it becomes a fight and noone will see his idea anymore. Its quite something.

---Clipped---

LMAO! Dude' date=' I had to come back for that one. This guy has been messaging me on steam about im his new favorite person to troll and and hes looking for me in game to kill me. A green beret? You should be FUCKING ARRESTED! Pathetic little fuck! How dare you?

Your a little pimply faced teenager whos insecuties drive him to annoy normal people on forums so that they will get fed up with being in this sad community of forum goers and antisocial losers. Youd rather not be belittle by your nothingness. Without googling it, what is the current mask used by the Armed Forces? How many days do you inspect your gas mask during peace time? Wartime? What is FPCON? Fuck you bitch.

And Mr Grammer Police, you? Are you a doctor? Astronaut? Zombie Slayer? Thats it huh?

You guys love the drama cuz its the only social interaction you get in life.

[/quote']

You're anything but normal, OP, and that's why you're my new favorite person. If anyone's interested, the pastebin of our little Steam conversation from a few days ago is on his "Let's do this, Trading Station Delta" thread on page 15 on the benny hill picture. I'll link it so no one has to dig around for it.

Lol so sad

Be nice ;) He's fun to play with, after all.

www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Here is the link to download this wonderful cheat.

Go forth and spread this disease!

---Clipped---

LMAO! Dude' date=' I had to come back for that one. This guy has been messaging me on steam about im his new favorite person to troll and and hes looking for me in game to kill me. A green beret? You should be FUCKING ARRESTED! Pathetic little fuck! How dare you?

You guys love the drama cuz its the only social interaction you get in life.

[/quote']

You're anything but normal, OP, and that's why you're my new favorite person. If anyone's interested, the pastebin of our little Steam conversation from a few days ago is on his "Let's do this, Trading Station Delta" thread on page 15 on the benny hill picture. I'll link it so no one has to dig around for it.

Lol so sad

Be nice ;) He's fun to play with' date=' after all.

[/quote']

Green Beret? I rest my case. Sad little man.

Green Beret? I rest my case. Sad little man.

I thought I was a pimply faced teenager? I'm a sad little man now?

Edit: Also, come to think of it, I don't think you really have a case to rest to begin with... Just sayin'.

While it would certainly be an interesting experiment to wipe out all meta-coms on say, the hardcore servers, it's totally impractical (to the point of being nigh impossible) to implement and enforce something like that.

I'm already running that experiment, though. I don't have a mic right now, and no reason to connect to a VOIP server, even just to listen to other people talk. I'm limited in my communication entirely to in-game 'shouting distance'. I can safely say 'been there, done that', and that sometimes I'm OK with it, sometimes I'm not.

OP claims to be a communications expert for the military' date=' yet he is not only unable to communicate his idea to us without riddling it with grammar and spelling errors, he is actually dumb enough to suggest "hacking" into the computers of every Day Z user, and naive enough to think he can control what non-invasive programs users run alongside their game.

Either OP is a lying five year old or I am deeply, deeply concerned about the state of his country's military. Cuz than ID be worried about our country.

Its easier than people are making out, you just have to get Arma to take exclusive control of the soundcard, locking out or overriding other applications like TS3. its possible, but you could hack around it.

And what happens when someone refuses permissions to ArmA to do so? It just doesn't start? What happens when someone loads up additional drivers or switches to an onboard sound card? What happens if someone dual-boots, or emulates their sound card to trick Day Z? What happens when someone picks up a phone or plugs their mic into their nearby laptop and uses TS on that?

This isn't happening, and the idea is stupid.

Says a fat nobody eating dorritos and 80 cans of rockstar on his computer desk. Its so funny to me how some of you nerds who have done nothing with your life talk talk like that to me. I never suggested hacking others computers, i said thats the only way i could think it possible. You are that much more pathetic for the old grammer jab lol. Dude thats so sad that you think i should he concerned wih grammer on the internet forum. Lol wow. Just wow. Thats all you got?

I do t give a FUUUHUUCK if you dont like the idea. I did want to hear opinions but all i hear is whining at the ideas of non 24 hour gamers. Like u serious gamers are soo high and mighty.

Good thing many of you are too fat, scrawny and weak to join the military.

So because OP has no friends' date=' and an annoying voice that noone likes, he doesnt want people to beable to communicate.

This thread is based on one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard.

Please OP, explain why me being able to talk to the people next to me shouldnt be allowed? Is it because in a zombie world the atmosphere has been sucked out from spaceballs 1 and there is no medium for sound waves to travel? Or is it because in the zombie world the government has chopped everyone's tongues off?

In real life you would beable to talk to eachother........

[/quote']

Yah bro? Through your brain waves? Thats cool. Direct chat or radios only ;)

You little geeks get soooo angy lol. I suggest one hing about certain servers blocking TS and the hostility is beyond insane. Challenging im in the military?? Hah.

Yall still live in your moms basement?? Cuz i can bet you all do.

Let me be as... polite as possible in responding to this thread, as I feel that many others have failed to carry their point across through repeated flaming posts and spamming coarse language. I am a casual gamer at best, I have time for maybe one-two hours a day at most, and usually far less than that. That being said, do I use teamspeak? Sure. It's an easy way to communicate with your friends or arrange a meeting point. If there was such a thing of a team of survivors in DayZ, I like to think that they would have some way of communicating with each other, even over longer distances, like a radio on a personal channel. I'm not saying that the direct communication in DayZ itself isn't a viable alternative. It does work, sort of, but the clarity and sound quality of the VoIP in TeamSpeak is vastly superior. I only say all of this to attempt to elucidate some previous posts whose actual meaning may have been lost under the language they elected to use in doing so.

Humbly,

-Raven

I actually like this idea, if it were implementable.

However, most of my attention was drawn to a post on the first page which I misread as:

If everyone groped their friends then I don't think anyone would have an advantage.

Wise words, friend. Wait, not that kind of "friend"...oops

Impossible to do. Absolutely impossible.

Maybe if this game wasn't on an open platform, like an xbox or something, you could do this. Would never work on PC. Not even close to feasible.

OP's mad ;)

Actually, your profile lists you as being born in '88. The Korean war was in the 50s.........................

I think OP is a troll.

It may be totally impractical. But its a nice idea , and obviously in the spirit of the game.

Why else would Rocket have removed global chat?

A quick look at the Windows Core Audio API suggests that you should be able to get control of the Mic Volume for instance. I'm sure there are ways to say Mute it unless direct chat control is held down in game or something.

http://www.computercabal.com/2010/11/mute-microphone-from-c-on-windows.html

you expect them to gouvern a third party program ?

jesus you must think rocket is reggie hammond or somthing

It may be totally impractical. But its a nice idea ' date=' and obviously in the spirit of the game.

Why else would Rocket have removed global chat?

A quick look at the Windows Core Audio API suggests that you should be able to get control of the Mic Volume for instance. I'm sure there are ways to say Mute it unless direct chat control is held down in game or something.

http://www.computercabal.com/2010/11/mute-microphone-from-c-on-windows.html

[/quote']

Eh, then I just bind my chat key to the direct voip key and mute what the mic sends to Arma.

OP's mad ;)

Actually' date=' your profile lists you as being born in '88. The Korean war was in the 50s.........................

I think OP is a troll.

[/quote']

Holy crap did you just get owned son, LAWL!

Metagaming is going to happen no matter what. It's rather ignorant to try to force your desire to have none of it on everybody. That's why no side/global is a bad choice, and it should be disabled on a server by server basis. If you want no metagaming, then join a server specifically for no metagaming. People can still use teamspeak, mumble, ventrillo, or any other program they choose, but you'll have it on an honor system to work with.

TL;DR: Don't force your views on others when it comes to communication with other players.