Sign in to follow this  
acebane

US 16 - Hacker Report

Hello. Last night (6/14/2012) there was a hacker who was on our teamspeak and linked up with us in game. We didn't know he was a hacker until he spawned ammo boxes infront of him. We then told him leave.

Required:

* Server this happened on: US 16 Hosted by Blackfuse

* Time that it happened including your timezone: Around 12AM - 3 AM Central time (I think)

* What happened during the incident: The player spawned ammo boxes. Once containing Antibiotics and the other one containing a m9-sd. We then confronted him, told him to leave. He does, but then a "new" hacker connects (We think it's him with a name change) and starts killing a bunch of people all over US 16 (mainly the people in our teamspeak).

*Player/players names: Spartacus and Romulus

Optional:

- Video Proof

Now my

is not 100% incriminating because at the time, I didn't think to fraps the hacker. I was too busy running away. But you'll see the fire fight with the hacker at 6:15 in the video. Watch the whole thing to get the full scoop on the hacker though. You'll hear him try to deny it, then leave because he was caught etc.

I know you don't want me saying "MY FRANDS AND I SAW IT OMGZZ" but, it's true. We(4 of us) all saw him spawn the box right in front of us. You can listen to the teamspeak conversation in the video and hear him leave the teamspeak, upset that we found out.

Relevant server log info

9:04:47 Romulus uses modified data file
19:04:47 Player Romulus connecting.
19:04:48 BattlEye Server: Player #19 Romulus (-snipped, avl on req-) connected
19:04:48 Player Romulus connected (id=21181894).
19:04:49 BattlEye Server: Player #19 Romulus - GUID: dc8d67c7cd133269ab679a8539594181 (unverified)
19:04:49 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (dc8d67c7cd133269ab679a8539594181) of player #19 Romulus

18:16:35 Spartacus uses modified data file
18:16:35 Player Spartacus connecting.
18:16:36 BattlEye Server: Player #32 Spartacus (-snipped, avl on req-) connected
18:16:37 Player Spartacus connected (id=2424960).
18:16:37 BattlEye Server: Player #32 Spartacus - GUID: 53d323c1c1fa74ef2e29df5cd000a401 (unverified)
18:16:38 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (53d323c1c1fa74ef2e29df5cd000a401) of player #32 Spartacus

Trying to find something in the hive logs.. but I honestly don't know what I am looking for :/

dagon noticed a blank name in the player list at around 12:20am PST. I confirmed and promptly logged off to avoid getting killed; in my experience a blank name = hacker.

yeah I saw that too, but I'm not sure what/who that was.

hello, i am the spartacus user. to be honest i did not know that spawning ammo boxes was considered hacking because bohemia interactive put the scripts into the game. please pardon this request to ban me as i will not continue to spawn the boxes, if you do how ever decide to ban me please not make it a lifetime ban. thank you for your time.

Relevant server log info

9:04:47 Romulus uses modified data file
19:04:47 Player Romulus connecting.
19:04:48 BattlEye Server: Player #19 Romulus (-snipped, avl on req-) connected
19:04:48 Player Romulus connected (id=21181894).
19:04:49 BattlEye Server: Player #19 Romulus - GUID: dc8d67c7cd133269ab679a8539594181 (unverified)
19:04:49 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (dc8d67c7cd133269ab679a8539594181) of player #19 Romulus

18:16:35 Spartacus uses modified data file
18:16:35 Player Spartacus connecting.
18:16:36 BattlEye Server: Player #32 Spartacus (-snipped, avl on req-) connected
18:16:37 Player Spartacus connected (id=2424960).
18:16:37 BattlEye Server: Player #32 Spartacus - GUID: 53d323c1c1fa74ef2e29df5cd000a401 (unverified)
18:16:38 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (53d323c1c1fa74ef2e29df5cd000a401) of player #32 Spartacus

Trying to find something in the hive logs.. but I honestly don't know what I am looking for :/

for what i was doing (spawning empty boxes for use like a trashcan) look for a code like private ["_dummy"]; _dummy = [_this' date="onload"] execVM "\MyScripts\ammo.sqf"; (that is a basic script for spawning that) as for the teleporting dude i cant help you there.

LOL at the did not know comment. Sorry dude I really dont feel that excuse flies. Its a simulator. the program is designed to be as real as possible. how can you mistake that for anything else. that excuse would fly had you been creating a mission and doing your own testing. but this is a live test server to which you are a guest playing on. Had this been Rocket or any other dev playing in the game that maybe it would be acceptable. saying that you didn't know is an out right lie.

someone needs to look up the definition of an exploit

just because there is something in the game, that doesn't make it okay to take advantage of it.

totally agree motzilla. Its like using performance enhancing drugs for sports or counterfeiting money. you can find and use the tools, but claiming negligence as to the legality is preposterous.

LOL at the did not know comment. Sorry dude I really dont feel that excuse flies. Its a simulator. the program is designed to be as real as possible. how can you mistake that for anything else. that excuse would fly had you been creating a mission and doing your own testing. but this is a live test server to which you are a guest playing on. Had this been Rocket or any other dev playing in the game that maybe it would be acceptable. saying that you didn't know is an out right lie.

im being serious, i did not now that was considered hacking, i know it was placed in game by the devs but i didnt know it was hacking..like i said im sorry and if they want to ban me they can its completely up to them. im just being as honest and maning up telling them i used the box but i did not use any of the teleporting hacks or that stuff.

You are stupid if you didnt know that was hacking. I mean really stupid. Get off the computer and go think about how stupid you are.

k thanks for the advice

No! Trash all your PC's and buy a Macbook or something instead.

This is all under the assumption the person responding to this thread saying he is one of the alleged hackers is, in fact the hacker. Could be a throwaway account, and looking at the posting history, the "dagon" poster has other people from this thread posting in pretty much every other thread he's posted in as well.

This is all under the assumption the person responding to this thread saying he is one of the alleged hackers is' date=' in fact the hacker. Could be a throwaway account, and looking at the posting history, the "dagon" poster has other people from this thread posting in pretty much every other thread he's posted in as well.

[/quote']

What does all this mean sir. Are you saying that I am not a legit player/ poster. As for the other people who posted in the thread are people whom I have seen on US 16. Ironpants is a RL friend. and I have seen Acebane an the S6! squad all the time in us 16. my only purpose was corroborate with the current report and to call shenanigans on the so called negligence of the scripting offence.

My point is I do not buy that " I did not know I can do that"