Sign in to follow this  
mitor

Stun gun, tazer...(Electroshock weapons) And stuning hits.

Hi,

the idea of having some kind of stun weapons in the standalone seems very important for me. They could even be alpha-created for the mod itself.

They could be weapons that don´t do any damage themselves, but they make people fall unconscious during some time, allowing you to rob them, or simply defend yourself without kill them.

And not only that, I would love the possibility to knock out people hitting them with your weapon(Or some kind of hard object) in the back part of the head, for example.

Thank you.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

Stunning for some minutes? I'd rather not have another 5-minute timer after the shock login timer. I would, on the other hand, love to be able to punch with your bare hands. Who wouldn't do that in a zombie apocalypse?

I would love the Syphon Filter taser gun in dayz.

]

If you get tasered you can hold it to put the person into shock so its easy for players to loot without killing someone or even kidnap.

Hold it for too long and eventually they will cook.

Edited by Heavy Bob

Great suggestion, OP. I actually suggested this in the main suggestion thread. The inclusion of tasers, stunguns, tranq darts and beanbag ammo would definitely add a better gameplay dynamic. Plus yes, I'm one of those players that'd not want to kill others. People who'll whine against this suggestion are either masochists or just plain assholes in real life.

• Like 1

first problem is batteries, the dart ideas was better if you had to gather the ingredients to make the poison, but ok, maybe we could add the taser gun, but remember you must be close to the person you want to immobilize it shoots a device that holds into you and a wire is connecting the gun to the holding thing, and the wire is very weak, not only that you would have a hard time fighting more than one person with that, so its almost useless.

first problem is batteries, the dart ideas was better if you had to gather the ingredients to make the poison, but ok, maybe we could add the taser gun, but remember you must be close to the person you want to immobilize it shoots a device that holds into you and a wire is connecting the gun to the holding thing, and the wire is very weak, not only that you would have a hard time fighting more than one person with that, so its almost useless.

Hmmm. You could do without the batteries if the tasers are just treated like ammo, maybe. Like 5 charges or something then it's disposed. Granted, the taser won't be effective on multiple targets, of course. But what it's for is 1v1 defense and also for detaining. Someone also suggested crafting, so yeah, crafting for poison and maybe even medicine feels valid IMO. Might have to include snakes and herbs in the game as well.

Well, as batteries are going to be added to the game. (NVGs, torches...).That should not be a problem. I also know that tazer and stun guns are used in close combat, but that´s the point. You are not going to fight a sniper with that.

Also, a tranquilizer gun would be cool.(It could be rare, but it can be found in zoos, veterinary clinic...)

Thank you.

Hello there

i too like less than lethal weapons, there have been many threads on this topic already though, might be worth a search instead of covering old ground.

Rgds

LoK

Giving none-lethal options for players is a must if they expect the Dayz community to turn back from its shooting on site policy. A Rifle butt to the head to knock someone out, maybe the ability to tie someone up(with of course mechanics in place to keep it from being abused). So yes this is a good idea.

• Like 1

Giving none-lethal options for players is a must if they expect the Dayz community to turn back from its shooting on site policy. A Rifle butt to the head to knock someone out, maybe the ability to tie someone up(with of course mechanics in place to keep it from being abused). So yes this is a good idea.

That would be awesome. The ability to tie someone is more difficult to do, because people could leave someone tied in the middle of the forest. Maybe a mechanism in which you can untie yourself every x minutes if noone avoids it(Doing it trough the actions menu.)

of course mechanics in place to keep it from being abused

What could be more fun than restraint someone in the woods and let them starve while you cook your meat and have a snack meanwhile, right in front of them?

on topic, should be possible to add a script from chernarus life, you can stun ppl there with ctrl+f if you have a weapon out.