Sign in to follow this  
Tolil

Probably one of the finest gaming experiences ever

When a game can deliver something this good simply by interacting with another player then there's something special about it.

I was doing a bit of scavenging in one of the towns near the south coast, I was walking up to a house when I spotted movement through the doorway - there was another player inside the house.

This was the 1st time since I started playing yesterday that I've found myself unexpectedly near someone else.

I moved to the side of the door, out of view and in direct chat gave out a "Friendly??" No answer. 10 seconds later he comes running out of the door and passed me. He runs to a fence, stops turns to me, runs again and stops the other side of the fence. He looks like he's flapping and I'm worried.

"Hey! Friendly??" I say again. He is still out of view. Without turning my back on the fence I inch into the house and set up in a room to take him down if he tries to rush at me. My heart is pounding.

Then from outside, "Hey! You scared me - yeah I'm friendly!" I'm not convinced - "come inside mate."

He comes in and I start to relax - he is being very careful not to aim at me, I return the favour.

We end up chatting for about 5 minutes swapping some food and ammo and going our seperate ways.

In 5 minutes I experienced more in this game than most games deliver in their entire playthrough. From being ready to shoot someone and not sure if they are about to try and shoot me to making a friend and helping each other out. That's pretty amazing.

It's great to read a post that isn't about someone stabbing someone in the back. Me and a friend went out of our way to help a new player last night and although we thought it could be an ambush and took precautions we are glad we decided to give trust a chance. Guy turned out to be legit and we had a blast helping him out and hooking him up, it was his first time playing and it turned out a positive thing, not everyone is so lucky. Cant tell you how many times I got popped from so called 'friendies.' but it shouldn't stop you from being yourself.

It's great to see more and more people beginning to help and trust each other. I too befriended someone today for the first time in playing for a couple of weeks. (Though normally I play with a group of friends)

I executed a guy today!

A guy asking for help and bleeding to death, my prize? A tin of sardines......i am ashamed!

When a game can deliver something this good simply by interacting with another player then there's something special about it.

I was doing a bit of scavenging in one of the towns near the south coast' date=' I was walking up to a house when I spotted movement through the doorway - there was another player inside the house.

This was the 1st time since I started playing yesterday that I've found myself unexpectedly near someone else.

I moved to the side of the door, out of view and in direct chat gave out a "Friendly??" No answer. 10 seconds later he comes running out of the door and passed me. He runs to a fence, stops turns to me, runs again and stops the other side of the fence. He looks like he's flapping and I'm worried.

"Hey! Friendly??" I say again. He is still out of view. Without turning my back on the fence I inch into the house and set up in a room to take him down if he tries to rush at me. My heart is pounding.

Then from outside, "Hey! You scared me - yeah I'm friendly!" I'm not convinced - "come inside mate."

He comes in and I start to relax - he is being very careful not to aim at me, I return the favour.

We end up chatting for about 5 minutes swapping some food and ammo and going our seperate ways.

In 5 minutes I experienced more in this game than most games deliver in their entire playthrough. From being ready to shoot someone and not sure if they are about to try and shoot me to making a friend and helping each other out. That's pretty amazing.

[/quote']

Your right mate, it truly is a special game..

I was in Balota cleaning up the Army Base and a dude wonders in. Right offthe bat I'm a .10 of second from wasting this guy. He gives me the Q and E wave so I'm like well I'll give him a chance.

Up until this point I dumped all the odds and ends into one tent. So here is a pile of guns and ammo and everything else that spawned.

I tell him hey check this out. Follow me.

Now I'm sure he's thinking some bad stuf but I show him the stash.

I guess it made his day and I told him take whatever you need.

After all this stuff spawns al the time, I was looking for specific items and I had those so giving the rest out was never a big deal.

On one other time I met up with two players in Stary Sobor.

Aaron and I rounded the corner and almost killed each other needless to say being caustious we worked it out and got organized. Low on health Aaron needed beans and what not so anything I found I gave to him.

A short time Later Jim shows up. We had a good time chatting and working on getting a LADA up and running but found out that everything was broken on it and the driver side rear wheel was bugged. It was cool up until someone decided to use our chat against us and rolled in with another bandit friend After Jim and Aaron aggroed a bunch of zombies.

Jim was shot from an unknown location and Aaron engaged one bandit. I was stuck in one of the buildings. I used the angles of windows to spot the baddies and as one made a break for it up the hill he got some love from my AK he fell and DC'd right after I put the second burst into him.

NOt a great ending but met two stand up players that made my night.

I think this thread should be pinned or something and make it the main thread for all of us to share our friendly experiences, maybe?

would be good to have a thread like this, where we could tell people about our friendly experiences..

Been playing for 4days, on diffrent servers, havent met a single friendly person yet..

So im just a lonewolf in the forrest now, shooting at everything that moves basically..

If you want to meet up, i play on chicago 30, and us3-4, i prefer it if u have skype or something..

u can add me on steam: svimle511

gonna play all weekend, so if some friendlies was actually here, that would be great, if not, Then the bandit route is very tempting..

Hehe.

All about those experiences. I remember when I had a similar one. I was running to meet up with my group and saw a barn and decided to swing through it quickly. As I ran into the barn and into the back left side to check loot I hear a soda can pop as someone drinks it. I quickly duck behind the crates and peek around as I stare at two other players who both have their backs turned.

I could have easily have shot both of them down, having two different assault guns on and the jump on them. But I am a person who tries to value life in the game. One of them turns around and spots me and the other scrambles behind cover as the other drops to the floor.

After a bit of staring at each other, with my heart beating in fear I would lose the guns I was transporting to my group, I asked 'Friendly' they replied 'yes', to which I replied, 'I will just leave you two alone' and then I stood up and ran away from them and that barn as quickly as possible.

They even thanked me via chat for not trying to kill them and I thanked them back for not trying the same. In all my time playing I have run into very little hostile players.

The best experiences I've had have been hostile. That mad, paranoid crawl through a remote town trying not to get zombie aggro, trying to find whoever fired those shots before they find you

my single best moment so far has been trying to find a sniper in stary who killed my friend. I saw three people die to him as I spent an hour crawling around in the bushes. scared shitless. you can't get that in other games.

I helped a guy out yesterday, his name was Treyce, he was running from a horde of zombies down a road and I stopped by to pick them off and let him escape. About 15 mins later his death message popped up in chat XD

So many cool experiences and stories with this mod. I kept wondering how the guy I had rescued managed to die so suddenly afterwards.

.... My heart is pounding.....

This!!

This looks like a good thread for my first post. Since I came here to share similar sentiment. And this being my first post on theses forums, I might add hello everyone. Thanks to everyone who worked/works on this wonderful and amazing mod! In all my two decades plus of playing video games...I have never had one fool my brain into real major physiological reactions ( increased heart rate, jumping out of my skin feeling) to virtual interactions like this one. Not even close!!

Well i was playing last night so the map was night anyway some guys were talking in chat about grouping up and i expressed interest also. We decide to meet up at the cathedral in Cherno. When we get there we get established and then more and more pepole say in chat that they would like to group with us also since they're new to the game. long story short we keep flares on inside the cathedral and pile Zeds at the doorway. We turn the cathedral into a fortress. eventually we had a group of 8-10 guys so we decide to split it into 3 groups with 2 groups scouting and returning with supplies while the 3rd stays back and defends and then we rotate positions.

Well a bandit group was paying attention to our chatter and decide to try and raid our cathedral spot. So there was 2 of us in the cathedral shooting outside at a group of 3-4 heavy armed raiders shooting inside back at us. Eventually the two groups return and the bandits found themselves in the middle of a cross fire. They managed to kill a few from the scouting party but not before they succumbed to ZEDs and bullets.

We continued Fortress Cherno Cathedral until we lost the 3-4 guys in the firebattle and a few dudes ditched then the original 3 of us set out into the darkness to fend for ourselves.

Agree with all above.

For me, it was a barn in Gorka. I'm up on the top floor, about 5 Z's outside. I comes a bandit (back when we still had the skins). He's doing slow move, etc. I have him in my sights but don't shoot--first, back then you could get the skin too easy (e.g., one kill of a guy trying to kill you). Second, didnt want to deal with the Zed horde.

He asks "Yo, Aragos in the barn. You friendly?"

"Yep. No s**t here bro. Don't go out north door--two of my buds outside [and they were]--go out south side."

"Thanks. good luck." "Same to you."

You don't get that in any other game.

I love reading others experiences and see they are similar to mine!

I think the most interesting thing about the whole idea is that you're meeting people in highly stressful situations where both parties know they are highly vulnerable.

Some people deal with this by killing the other party and attempting to remove any possible threat.

I like to think that the risk takers are the guys and girls that are actually willing to give peace a chance and let the other person act first.