Sign in to follow this  
Shepuz

Unable to join a game after connecting to server.

Hi

Found out about this mod from a friend of mine and reinstalled Arma 2 and and Operation Arrowhead to try it out, I don't however own the DLC's so dunno if this problems has something to do with that. I have put the mod files in the folders required in both Arma2 and OA steam folders. and I run the OA with the mod commandline added in Combined Operations mode and this far everything is fine, I can see that the DayZ mod is active but when I look at the expansions, I have Arma 2 listed twice. When I try to join a game I get far enough to choose my class as a Survivor and then click continue, after a brief loading screen I can see the landscape on the screen with the "Receiving Mission" box open with another box underneath it with the test "No Entry 'bin/config.bin\CfgWeapons.'. When I close the window the screen goes to black Loading screen with the loading bar completely filled and freezes. If I ALT-TAB I can see that the game hasn't frozen, I can jump in and out of it with ease but it just won't go past that point. Any help with this matter would be appreciated because I would love to try this mod out.

Cheers.

I'm having the same problem man. I ran Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA separately to make sure they updated. Made sure I had all the correct files from the mediafire link. Checked for updates for the official game, etc. No dice... I saw someone else post about this problem in another thread and no one commented on it either.

Bumping because this is the only error (supposedly) keeping me from playing.

Patches are released almost every 4 hours...Either you have the wrong version, or the server has the wrong version.

Be patient, and check your version numbers

Patches are released almost every 4 hours...Either you have the wrong version' date=' or the server has the wrong version.

Be patient, and check your version numbers

[/quote']

The thing is I tried with 1.4.5 (I didn't know they updated to 1.4.6 til about 30 minutes ago) and I tried with 1.4.6, still getting the same CFG error.

Arma 2 - Version 1.11.86734

Arma 2: OA - Version 1.60.87580

DayZ - Version 1.4.6

DayZ Servers - They all say 1.4.6 except one, which is 1.4.3, but I'm not connecting to the 1.4.3 one.

I can be patient. I just feel like it's not a version mismatch number, it's something in the files.

Also I'm sure you can understand, I'm just excited to play. Been waiting for a persistent, open world zombie survival. :)

Edit: I've tried connecting to the EU, US, and NY servers. I get the same error for all of them.

Yep, but I too am sitting here waiting for the OZ2 server to be updated.

Having this exact issue. I was assuming it is due to the server update in progress, but it appears others are getting on just fine.

Edit: I can however join the RU server

Guest Suffocation

They are working on it, just remain patient, I know its hard... Hell I spent most of my day replying to people on here and now I go to play and I can't :P It will be back up soon though, im sure.

Thanks for your patience.

Having this exact issue. I was assuming it is due to the server update in progress' date=' but it appears others are getting on just fine.

Edit: I can however join the RU server

[/quote']

Weird.. I just tried to join the RU server and still gives me the same error. :( Oh well, maybe I'll just try the actual Arma 2 game for a while and get used to it.

Figure I'd post that I'm also having this issue.

I have everything updated to the latest, trying to join US2 (which is running 1.4.6) and I just hang on the loading screen forever (went for over 30 minutes.)

Exact same problem here. Everything has been updated, every instruction or suggestion has been tried to the letter.

Still get this exact error message...

I had something similar, but when i have "loading" I get "you get kicked from the game". I try to join the servers for 2 days and it's anoying. I don't use steam and don't know what to do now...