Sign in to follow this  
Manlytears

Things that need fixing pronto

1) Bandit system needs to be reworked, if you play solo you'll never become a normal survivor because people constantly attack you.

2) Spawn system needs work, you should have a choice of were you spawn or spawn everyone near a main city.

3) Force first person on all servers or lower the FOV for third person (We know why you guys want third person because you don't have any skill)

4) More RP elements

5) Selectable player models

6) A better map (too much useless open space)

7) Door opening and closing sounds so you can hear people coming in

Many more things i can't think of right now.

1) Bandit system needs to be reworked' date=' if you play solo you'll never become a normal survivor because people constantly attack you.

[/quote']

Agreed. Planned

2) Spawn system needs work' date=' you should have a choice of were you spawn or spawn everyone near a main city.

[/quote']

Southern Coast Random fits best with my intention right now. While it might change, its likely I would change it to something even more sadistic and cruel.

3) Force first person on all servers or lower the FOV for third person (We know why you guys want third person because you don't have any skill)

Server Admin issue. Until the project gets more structure' date=' its low priority. I have to sleep sometime, we now have somewhere between 34 and 40 servers.

4) More RP elements

Agreed. Planned.

Technology for Bandit switching is being made for this purpose. 1.5.5 is a step towards that. Once bandit switching works seamlessly this will be implemented.

Map issues addressed later. Alpha is to get features working.

Cool idea, but more of a content issue.

1) Bandit system needs to be reworked, if you play solo you'll never become a normal survivor because people constantly attack you.

---->Inherent risk with going solo.

2) Spawn system needs work, you should have a choice of were you spawn or spawn everyone near a main city.

---->You can figure out where you are with experience. Takes time, sure, but after awhile it isn't hard to identify where you started. Choosing where you spawn would be lame.

---->Don't speak for me. Third person doesn't bob as much as first person (even with head bobbing turned all the way down), and it looks better in general. Besides, third person targeting doesn't work anyway sometimes.

4) More RP elements

---->Like?

---->Been suggested, we'll see where it goes.

---->Too much open space? You're new here aren't you? :P

---->Might be interesting.

Yeah I really give big ups to more RP elements and the possibility of hearing the door. I dont know if you can modify that into the game. Maybe if looked into, I really dont know.

And also the selectable skins is an awesome idea. Even more epic if you could design it. But yeah, I know that is impossible to do.

But ArmA III... ;)

i laughed at -> A better map (too much useless open space).............. LMAO hmmmm Maby u want this mod for COD or sumthin..... the sum of that equation would = BORING

Rocket,

Old (50+), lame noob here. We're not all CoD kiddies with fast twitch reflexes. Keep the 3PD for folks like me

Changing third person would be a terrible idea. I'd rather see the visibility nerfed and more foggy days.

Edited by Super67_

4) More RP elements

Many more things i can't think of right now.

1) I do not think that is possible to a meaningful extent.

2) No, it expands the over all blah blah blah, just typed this on another forum sorry.

3) Using third person for field of vision is expliotation, which expands the players ability to player, which is the intelligent answer. Keep it or not, your dumb.

4) Many ways they could do this, and they are, but it takes time.

5) Yes, you can change you face, gender, and clothes. I guess later they should, but for now they do have minimal (At least in terms of notice-ability).

6) It is realism that they have open space, they did not make it, and it opens up for oppurtinities like helicopter crashes and making player travel a longer distance giving traveling a higher valued feat. Yeah, hopefully they will at some time in the future.

7) Agreed, but no one really closes the door, you can hear foot steps and not many builds with actual doors. In many cases the rooms are so empty and small when the door is open the bandit is about to shot you.

8) Nice spike Freyar.