Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Firehead

side channel allowed

hi, i just want to know if its now allowed to activate side channel on our server. i ask because there was a part in the server rules the forbade that explicitly. thist part is gone since the last server rule update.

btw its important for a multiplayer game to have a way to communicate. and since there is no other practiable way installed in the game i think you should enable side chat again in the next update. at least until there are better ingame mechanics like radio etc.

an all servers i played till now, i had the best experience on the ones with side channel activated becuase it builds a community on the server.

And dont bother me with realism. if i m a guy that can bandage and medicate himself, repair cars and helicopter, that can use every kind of gun, and that can shoot with high power rifles at ranges over 1000meter, i think that guy would be able to use a common radio that you can find in every fucking supermarket.

sorry for possible mistakes. english is not my first language.

A lot of servers already have it enabled, just remember to tell people to use text in side channel and voice in direct channel.

If you are connected to the official DayZ hive then there are specific rules you have to follow. If you have a private hive or are connected to a community hive then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

If you want to play on a well moderated, high-vehicle Lingor island server that has side-chat enabled check ours out!

On the official hive you're not allowed to enable side chat, it requires a change to the server files which isn't allowed.

If privat server, you can just enable it yourself.

I'm not behind my game pc, but i think it is in the mission file itself or it was in the server config file.

the command looks like this: disableChannels[]={0,1,...,6}

1 is the side channel, just remove it from the command and save the mission file again, you now have side channel enabled.

Later when im home i'll tell you what file it is.

i know about the different between privat and public hive. we got a a server connected to the public hive,

i also know that i wasn t allowed to edit the mission files to aneable side channel.

my question is about the missing part in the "server rules".

like i said, there was a line that said that its forbidden to enable side channel.

this part line is gone now. so i just wanted to know if it s now allowed.

My apologies, yes it looks like that rule was removed from the post - good catch. I can't imagine them allowing you to edit the mission file however you want though that changes gameplay significantly, maybe an oversight?

Some of official servers have let the side channel enabled. No, they hadn't modified their maps, but because of they can't retrieved the most updated one since the June. Such as my server which has been last updated before the coming of 1.7.x patch. (there is no disableChannels[] at that time).