CaptainBigSmoke

This is getting out of hand

I am getting freezes like every 5 minutes (perfectly fine before) and looking at other topics this clearly started with BE 1.177.

Imho the game is completely unplayable and even on twitch almost noone seems to stream the game anymore. Why doesn't BE do any quality-assurance before releasing their stuff? Apparently they can't even pick up the hackers so could they at least keep the game playable?? Seems time to search a different game if this is not fixed soon.

This all the way, I can't even play the game without disconnecting on my inventory.

I seem to be perfectly fine. I only sometimes freeze up when playing different maps, like Fallujah. When ever I went into my inventory I would completely freeze. not to mention getting kicked every few mins because battleye client stoped working.

I am getting freezes like every 5 minutes (perfectly fine before) and looking at other topics this clearly started with BE 1.177.

Imho the game is completely unplayable and even on twitch almost noone seems to stream the game anymore. Why doesn't BE do any quality-assurance before releasing their stuff? Apparently they can't even pick up the hackers so could they at least keep the game playable?? Seems time to search a different game if this is not fixed soon.

Sounds to me that you are blaming BattlEye. Why?

Sounds to me that you are blaming BattlEye. Why?

Today I joined a private hive server without BE - I played 30 minutes without any problems. All normal servers are unplayable, it is BE I am 100% sure.

He's blaming Battleye because it is a piece of shit software... and here's the motivations:

1) It doesn't absolutely nothing about the cheaters. In fact Arma2 (and so DayZ mod) is one of the most hacked games, where the cheaters presence is something around 13% of total players. And this is not only because of the script engine, many cheats doesn't uses scripts at all;

2) So far we had this crap on our PC's.. who cares if it silently does his NOT-job... but with the latest update 1.177, it started to freeze a/o crash the client. So now we can't play the game. At least this helps to not have cheaters: you don't play at all.

3) Their reputation is under their feet.

I seriously hope they (BIS) get rid of this junk.. i don't care if they have an agrement a license or whatever.. at this point it is better to NOT have any anti-cheat at all. Last night was the worst esperience: hackers, cheaters.. and now freeze every 5 minutes with biblic loading times at each restart. C'mon...

Today I joined a private hive server without BE - I played 30 minutes without any problems. All normal servers are unplayable, it is BE I am 100% sure.

I hear you...

The BE communication is small in size, shouldnt affect the game, and usually dont.

Trying to play without BE doesnt tell us what the root fault is.

Could be several things when it comes to your end. Bad clusters on your HDD, defragmented HDD, bad RAM.

Network side...

Make sure your router not dropping small packets by testing to ping bistudio.com

Start> run > cmd

ping bistudio.com -l 0

Test from 0 to 10....Is router dropping packets for you?

Edit:

Changed to -l

Edited by Drogur

I hear you...

The BE communication is small in size, shouldnt affect the game, and usually dont.

Trying to play without BE doesnt tell us what the root fault is.

Could be several things when it comes to your end. Bad clusters on your HDD, defragmented HDD, bad RAM.

Network side...

It is obviously not my problem! A LOT of players have this problem, just check the other threads.

Ping is fine too:

Ping wird ausgeführt für bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] mit 32 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=32 Zeit=70ms TTL=53

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=32 Zeit=43ms TTL=53

It is obviously not my problem! A LOT of players have this problem, just check the other threads.

Ping is fine too:

Ping wird ausgeführt für bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] mit 32 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=32 Zeit=70ms TTL=53

Seems to me that is you that have the problem.

Please check the ping as I suggested.

Seems to me that is you that have the problem.

Please check the ping as I suggested.

Seems fine too:

Ping wird ausgeführt für bistudio.com [81.0.236.117] mit 0 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=0 Zeit=58ms TTL=53

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=0 Zeit=42ms TTL=53

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=0 Zeit=46ms TTL=53

Antwort von 81.0.236.117: Bytes=0 Zeit=43ms TTL=53

Ping-Statistik für 81.0.236.117:

Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0

(0% Verlust),

Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:

Minimum = 42ms, Maximum = 58ms, Mittelwert = 47ms

Yes, router is not dropping packets when sending 0 bytes, good. Did you test up to 10?

What else could interfere with your communication when it comes to BE?

Antivirus application? Firewall? Have you checked if anything have autoupdated and change a rule or so?

Added:

Question in first line.

Edited by Drogur

if you start the game before the download is concluded you can get battleye kicked, I'd say sit in the lobby for a few minutes to make sure the download finishes and then try it.

Ive had the same problem since battleye updated,froze every 5 mins just about.others ingame said same issues also.Its battleye messing up.check topics,others are reporting same issue after update.

Hi to all at DayZ community,

since the most recent battleye update my PC keeps on freezing up, can't task manager out, alt tab out or alt f4 out, just get a total lock up and i have to do a manual shutdown, which is NOT good for PC's or my patience, indeed doing things in vehicles especially flying in a chopper is highly risky and could cause me and my buddies to die in a horrible fire :(

I am not the only 1 this has happened to, all my friends have had the same problem since the BE update, we play on a vilayer server, could this be the problem ??

Has this happened to anyone else ?, in which case i strongly advise the DayZ devs to look at this as i'm sure they won't buy me and my buds' a new PC each.

Slightly pissed, Sudz.

(still love the game tho, please, please do something or advise if i can do something to help overcome this silly bug, thx)

:beans: :beans: :beans:

Same.. after update i got randomly kicked, game simply freeze or it freeze when i try to access any kind of loot.

It all started after last BE update to version 1.177.

Never had any problem before this update, tried to reinstall, checked settings, turned of overlays, simply everything i could think of.

With 1.178 it finally works again. But it doesn't really make it better - the software has to be tested before it is shipped, such problems are really inacceptable.

Gonna check if its fixed as soon as im home.

How fantastic as it seems, some of us have a strange habit of "working for their living" during daytime. :D

Bump, only 3 days pass and the next huge mistake by BE. What is going on here, if some AC would break my game for almost all players every 3 days I would tell them my opinion!

You should already have 1.1.8.x so I doubt that's the issue you have. Performance issues now could be related to the 98443 beta of OA as can be read here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141985-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-98443-%281-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release%29

There was a new beta yesterday (98736) that is supposed to fix that issue. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142332-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-98736-%281-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release%29