daniel.owens@iqu.com

FOURTWOZERO DayZ Panthera [CUSTOM BASES/TERRITORY CONTROL] NL #420 [Private Hive|100 Player]

Just ran in to a hacker on the server; Cousin Foosty. Included a screen shot. It was just me and wolfpack on the server, but he must have logged out not too long before. I was inside the hanger when at first the blue truck spawned right outside the hanger door, no engine noise, nothing, but I could see the driver in it. Then it disappeared but I heard the truck door make the closing sound, like someone was getting out. Then the truck reappeared inside the hanger. This all happened in a matter of, maybe, four seconds.

Also, in the second picture, I came across a crash on the side of the mountain, but it was on an impossible slope. My toon couldn't walk up to it. He just kept sliding down and I didn't want to take the chance of coming in from above the chopper, sliding down, and possibly getting stuck.

I don't know if there's anything which can be done, just throwing it out there as another possible bug.

arma2oa_2012_10_08_18_20_21_101_zps779d50ca.jpg

arma2oa_2012_10_08_17_52_03_294_zpsf2544d98.jpg

Alright thanks, I will check the logs for Foosty, if he did anything it's all in the logs and I will ban him ;)

As far as the heli spawns, yeah I am going to have to look in to whether or not I can stop them from spawning on certain regions, they seem to like those slopes - I made a rather risky mission up to one and almost slid to my death yesterday :P

I can get in all the doors just by pushing v. you don't have to turn sideways or anything funny but you do have to hit v a lot of the time. Also, I notice no vehicles whatsoever. What's the deal with that?

There are vehicles ;)

I dont know whats going wrong there with the helis :huh: . The algorith should normaly prefere flat places. Dunno. Will hopefully find the right screw to turn in the future :D

Definitely definitely definitely did a great job on the map. It's my new favorite. Just a few small bugs but nothing which couldn't be addressed.

Also, there most certainly are vehicles. I spent a few hours fixing up an UAZ yesterday. Now that I've got a running vehicle, I'm going to drive around looking for more in need of repair. As I find them I like to put the parts in them, leaving them for others to come across.

*edit

Oh, on a side note, I did manage to figure out how to get through those small doorways. If I go prone as I'm walking up to the doorway, my toon will go half way in / out then I can continue. Before, I was walking right up to the doorway, stopping, then going prone. Doing such wasn't allowing me to go through it.

Another bug; going down some of the stair wells. My toon will hit his head and get stuck. I have to crouch to continue. This is happening in the warehouse which has the chute on the side of it.

Also got stuck in the small "tower" at one of the airfields. It's the small shack on stilts with 2 flights of stairs leading up. I managed to get up but when trying to come back down my toon got stuck on the landing and I couldn't get down the final flight of steps. It took a couple of minutes but I did finally manage to get out.

It's almost as if the characters are just a touch bigger on this map.

Edited by OFC_Bill

I get the feeling that some buildings on the map are shrunken. There is a mini church, in some appartements you always stuck at a wall or something, the barracks,... . Nothing major thankfully. After a few hours of gameplay you know where not to hide when zombies chase you :D

Alright.

I was connecting manually, but there was a DayZ Commander update which now lists all the new maps, and the 420 server was showing, but it was showing as being offline. I tried logging on but it sat at waiting for host. I'll have to go back to connecting manually.

Downloading the updated map now... any good changes?

Haha this map is realy great...but the best thing is that I actualy live in this area in Slovenia :) Very fun to walk and see places in the game that you know in real life =)

Haha this map is realy great...but the best thing is that I actualy live in this area in Slovenia :) Very fun to walk and see places in the game that you know in real life =)

haha that's awesome :D such nice topography too - really is a gorgeous landscape. I like the forested maps a lot more than the desert ones (cept for Fallujah).

@Everyone

We're currently setting up bases and outposts for clans and survivors to take over and defend, each will have its own benefits for controlling - such as fuel, fortification or access to a valuable area. Really trying to promote players to set up their bases within the map, rather than off on the edges etc - we want people to try take over towns, set up bases in houses and actively try defend them. With over 60 villages on this map, its very easy to find secluded towns that people rarely visit. Plenty of epic stuff ahead.

NEW BASES AND OUTPOSTS TO CONTROL AND DEFEND

As part of our initiative to get our players more actively inhabiting the world, rather than living off in isolated locations - we have set up several new bases and outposts. These fortified areas offer the chance for survivors, groups, and clans to take over and defend these locations. Each location has its own benefits for those who control it, whether it be medical supplies or control of the main access to a valuable area. Join our server now, find one of these outposts and claim it to be yours. Check out some screenshots of some early bases below - please note we are currently in a test phase with these bases and currently just have a few on the map to see how they work out. We will be working on more elaborate and detailed bases/outposts in the meantime.

Radovljica NE Airport Checkpoint

Control access to the main entrance to Radovljica airport, located on the North East coast of Panthera Island. This checkpoint was established to stop civilians entering the airport, causing chaos and panic on the runways - now you can use it to control who enters and leaves, or set up the perfect ambush. Benefits: Control of high-traffic road, control one entrance to the airport.

nlTsqh.jpg

South Shore Outpost

Located on the southern coast of Panthera Island, this small outpost the perfect secluded camp for a group of survivors. With plenty of visibility, and flat open ground surrounding the outpost making it perfect for more tents, vehicles or a helicopter. Benefits: Plenty of flat open ground, secluded area.

X8Qv2h.jpg

I2JCfh.jpg

West Airport Base

This base located on the western coast of Panthera Island is one of the more well fortified bases on the island. Offering an extremely well fortified perimeter, watch towers, and medical facilities - this was home to some of the last soldiers to make their stand on the island against the undead. Benefits: Medical loot spawn, airport location, easy to defend.

DVFwZh.jpg

XfQHvh.jpg

XVSR5h.jpg

C3PSmh.jpg

Arnoldstein N Airport Base

Located on the far north coast of Panthera Island is another large base that was the area of operations for freshly landed troops when the outbreak first began on the island. Extremely well fortified, with raised walkways, high visibility and an airport location - this base even comes with a jail perfect for holding bandits or kidnap victims. Benefits: Easy to defend, jail to keep prisoners, airport location.

wzslNh.jpg

9zCgbh.jpg

jiWjEh.jpg

ekKMvh.jpg

6nvdGh.jpg

6Ubsyh.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure what happened, but it's not working for me anymore since I logged on last.

I downloaded the new file and unrar'd it in to my A2OA folder.

Using the start bat and the #start bat both give me this error when I try to join the server from the server browser:

arma2oa_2012_10_14_17_18_48_370_zps1bcf5596.jpg

Using the bat files to start the game, in expansions it shows the arma folders and both the pantera and pantera_2 folders. It won't let me disable them so I'm assuming both are needed to join this servers. Yet as it stands, it won't let me join because of the above error.

If I try to join manually by firing up A2OA, disabling the panthera_2 folder, I get the same error pictured above. If I re-enable it and disable the panthera folder, I get "plant.pbo is missing" error before A2 even starts up.

Edited by OFC_Bill

Issue should be fixed.

and I believe someone shot you - we were having a mini clan deathmatch while no one was on and one of our guys apparently stalked you for ages without realizing you weren't one of us - so sorry about that but he's really happy about the loot ;)

Edited by WintersWolf

Issue should be fixed.

and I believe someone shot you - we were having a mini clan deathmatch while no one was on and one of our guys apparently stalked you for ages without realizing you weren't one of us - so sorry about that but he's really happy about the loot ;)

Yep, it seemed to "fix" itself for me somehow. I didn't change anything on my end. It just "worked" after I played on another server for awhile then came back to 420.

And yep, someone walked right up on me. I was uphill, coming in on a small town, scouting for vehicle parts, but noticed zeds walking around. So I sat and watched for a bit as I didn't want to charge in and scare the crap out of somebody, when someone shot me in the back. No "you friendly?", no "surrender now", no "don't move"... nothing.

Yep, it seemed to "fix" itself for me somehow. I didn't change anything on my end. It just "worked" after I played on another server for awhile then came back to 420.

And yep, someone walked right up on me. I was uphill, coming in on a small town, scouting for vehicle parts, but noticed zeds walking around. So I sat and watched for a bit as I didn't want to charge in and scare the crap out of somebody, when someone shot me in the back. No "you friendly?", no "surrender now", no "don't move"... nothing.

Yeah sorry, normally wouldn't happen but we thought we were alone :P

No worries. It wasn't the first time and surely won't be the last. Besides, gearing up is the fun part, imo. Plus, now that I know everyone is playing kos, I'll change my play style once I respawn.

With the launch of our Panthera Private Hive 100 slot server, we have decided to use the foundations of what we have built to turn in to a private gaming community. We are now seeking players, groups and other clans who wish to join FOURTWOZERO to live on our Private Hive server - competing, fighting, and surviving with and against one another. A controlled server where the person you are engaging in a firefight isn't a hacker, but a friend who you can taunt on TeamSpeak after you kill him.

Whether you just want to live a humble life in a the mountains scavenging, or want intense PvP - join our community.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96765-420fourtwozero-recruiting-private-hive-communityseeking-clans-groups-lone-wolves/#entry911316