jtarq survives

Just downloaded DayZ for the first time!

WELL, I just got home from GameStop earlier, buying the Arma2: Operation Arrowhead (v1.62.0.97448) key to download at home, downloaded it and just downloaded DayZ (v1.7.2.6) with PWS. I've watched various survival and trolling/camping vids on youtube and read the forums for a huge mental list of do's and don't's. Now let's see how easy/difficult it is simply logging into the game itself!

Let's see how this goes! =D

Any advice and such would greatly be appreciated!

Arma 2: OA? you didnt get the combined operations pack? i m pretty sure you need both arma 2 and operation arrowhead to play it

-Don't get attached to your gear

-Expect to die a lot, thats part of learning

- Beware of people but don't avoid them entirely

-Avoid players with head scarfs, these are bandits. They will kill you for no reason not even for loot.

-Don't micro manage your gear in your bag or grab loot in the open ground, check for ambush

-Running into buildings is a great way to loose zombies but don't linger in one. You can get surrounded and killed, escpecially with low tier weapons.

- If you spawn at Kemenka (a boring, boring spawn) you might want to commit suicide by three ways depending on where you spawn. I)If you see a lighthouse, climb up, jump off. ii)Find a mob of zombies in town. iii)Jump off the bridge twice. You'll probally start doing this once your adept at the game and realise that Kememka spawn will sap your desire to play DayZ, it's a test of your patience and you willingness to want to play the game.

-If you plan on being a solo player that aims to survive the most important tool is the hunting knife. Allows you to guy animals, cook the meat on an oil drum or with a pack of matches. Cooked meat restores 800 blood compared to 200 from canned food.

-The hatchet is the best weapon in the game! Don't ever pass one up.

Could go on for hours! Good luck

Edited by Trizzo

Posted it before but once you start playing don't let a couple bad experiences ruin it.

Welcome to DayZ first off, Now play tactical, remember not everybody wants do be your "friend" and most of all dont let the paranoia get the better of you embrace it.......

Best of luck, If you're open minded you'll come to despise it yet still find it irresistible to walk away from ...

Allows you to gut animals, cook the meat on an oil drum

Thats cool, didn't know that :) Always thought you needed matches

- If you spawn at Kemenka (a boring, boring spawn) you might want to commit suicide by three ways depending on where you spawn.

Pro tip: Only noobs and children play in electro and cherno. Kamenka is actually a spectacular spawn IMO, can run north and hit up 5-10 deer stands and the grocery store etc in Zelno. Kamenka means you can generally loot in peace. Barns are great for civilian weapons. Electro and Cherno are dumb and likely to get you killed. Avoid.

Arma 2: OA? you didnt get the combined operations pack? i m pretty sure you need both arma 2 and operation arrowhead to play it

Ironically, I meant to buy CO buuuut the Gamestop employee sold me OA...and when I typed this out, I had JUST realized that I wasn't sold what I needed. -_- ...so I'm off to fix that asap!

Could go on for hours! Good luck

Thanks so much, Trizzo! From all the videos I've been watching and forums I've been reading, I've definitely grasped how important is is to trust noone, stay out of open ground, only filter items in seclusion and to stay low, stay dark and stay queit. I had no idea about Kemenka though. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm sure I'll see what you mean once I get on. lol

FYI, I've watched many videos by Sidestrafe. Here's a link to him:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sidestrafe?feature=results_main

Posted it before but once you start playing don't let a couple bad experiences ruin it.

This is probably the best advice there is to adhere to. lol

I completely understand that sometimes you get sniped, sometimes you lose things and sometimes you get tricked. I'll have patience.

This game is SO unlike any other, in that regard!!

Welcome to DayZ first off, Now play tactical, remember not everybody wants do be your "friend" and most of all dont let the paranoia get the better of you embrace it.......

Best of luck, If you're open minded you'll come to despise it yet still find it irresistible to walk away from ...

Tactical, indeed. Thank you, Maca!

I am definitely more worried about bandits rather than zombies.

Welcome! Spend some time finding a server you can call home. Many people have moved to private hives and I for one recommend them. If you play on a server where you are able to contact the admins you're life will be much easier in the long run!