IndyAM

If a trader...

Had hacked weapons, would you still trade with them?

Probably; most people with camps have at-least one hacked weapon in them, given they aren't dupeing. In which case, they have more.

What about if it was a weapon you can't legit get in game? Not even the TWS.

Edited by IndyAM

What about if it was a weapon you can't legit get in game? Not even the TWS.

What are you on about. How do you get "legit" hacked weapons, even the TWS?

Well, the TWS could be legit. They used to be in the game, but they are super rare if they are legit and more likely hacked.

And I meant duped. You would trade with a guy with, for example, a G36?

I am pretty sure that they never were in the game, without the little hand of a hacker.

I'm pretty sure you need to check you facts. They used to be a genuine gun, before being removed for being too overpowered.

Here's a pic if this helps.

http://i.imgur.com/lVbNI.jpg

The TWS used to be in the game, but it was wiped from the database (so it shouldn't exist)

^ Is based on past posts I've read.

I think by legit hacked weapons, he means finding one normally on a body or tent, rather than spawning it.

And from the Dayz Wiki Page

There exist some lingering TWS (Thermal Weapons Sight) versions of this rifle in DayZ. They were previously removed from spawns in the 1.5.x update but sometimes do re-appear, most likely from a veteran losing it or a hacker spawning it into the game.

I can assure you that an TWS you find is not a "lingering veteran's" weapon. I've been playing since July, and it has never been a lootable item. Between that time and now, there have been multiple updates that wiped tents, meaning that it would be virtually impossible for one to survive this long. I don't even think it was ever a non-hacked weapon, but it is definitely in the category of "weapons that aren't in the game".

Can I add a poll to this, or do I have to start a new thread?

I Think that image is fake b/c it say on top "Backpack (coyote) 0/24" but the guy who took the picture has an alice pack. I may be wrong on this but i think this picture was photo shopped. I do myself believe that the as50 TWS was in the game at one time however.

Here's the evidence, would people still trade with someone who had hacked weapons on them?

http://i.imgur.com/lVbNI.jpg

I dont see how a picture of someone with 2 hacked weapons in their pack is proof that it is lootable...

You are joking, right? It's not my pack, but that of another trader which I am looking in.

I have an Alice pack, they have a coyote. I did run it through paint.net to add the blur of both of our names though.

Proof that their pack is loot able? Not sure what you're trying to say

If you find a TWS its hacked in if you convince yourself otherwise you're just justifying to yourself that your a shity little cheater. That photo you show also shows a L115A2 LRR we meant to believe that legit too? YOU ARE A RETARD FIND SOME INTEGRITY

I would shoot a trader with a hacked weapon but I dont deal with traders as many of them simply farm giant duping camps.

I don't own either of those guns, I do in fact have an M16 and an L85, but I dealt with a trader and looked in his coyote to see that he had these.

Would you deal with someone who had hacked weapons in their bag was the question?

Edited by IndyAM

If you find a TWS its hacked in if you convince yourself otherwise you're just justifying to yourself that your a shity little cheater. That photo you show also shows a L115A2 LRR we meant to believe that legit too? YOU ARE A RETARD FIND SOME INTEGRITY

I would shoot a trader with a hacked weapon but I dont deal with traders as many of them simply farm giant duping camps.

See above. I'm not the retard here.

Happily. I'll continue to collect and trade black market until the live game launches.

PS: The scorpion is pretty shitty but it sounds amazing. The TWS is overrated, its scope is imprecise for long shots and I'd rather use a DMR and take midrange shots anyhow. The G36 is neat but functionally identical to commensurate AR type rifles. The M4 RCO suffers a lot from its generic nature, it can do everything but it doesn't excel at anything. The AKS107 is a chainsaw and I love it. The M60E4 is 100% pure painlaser, but the loss of your backpack isn't worth it. The MG36 is neat, but the really fun shit doesn't happen until you take its 100 round mag and slap it in an M16A4 ACOG or the M4 Holo.

Edited by sp86

I'm interested in more opinions on this

Well it suggests that they and the group that are the trading arm of aren't legit.

Having lots of gear due to organised looting? Awesome.

Having lots of gear due to loot cycling? Dubious, but currently a grey area.

Having lots of spare gear due to tent bugs? In the mods current state, Accepted.

Having lots of gear due to duping? Get the fuck out of town.

Having ANY gear that you can't obtain in Mod without hacks? I don't really need to answer this do i?

Report and ban. We don't need anyone using gear that requires scripting in.

• Like 1

I'm not going to name names or anything, but so far I've made 3 trades and there's rep on the traders forum for them. If you take into consideration the time of the OP, you might be able to work out whose pack I was looking in.

But I'm not sure where I stand on this!

I'm not going to name names or anything, but so far I've made 3 trades and there's rep on the traders forum for them. If you take into consideration the time of the OP, you might be able to work out whose pack I was looking in.

But I'm not sure where I stand on this!

I can't be fucked to play sherlock TBh, no offense!

But hacked weapons = Player of dubious morals. Report for hacking. simple.

Edited by Never