Sign in to follow this  
shw

loading screen stuck

This is so frustrating, I have searched the forums for a fix in this issue, and done everything that has been mentioned in the forum but it just doesn't work. I can play in some servers but it has to be a server with low people and that is not fun at all. I have updated my battle eye, update through six/dayz commander and nothing works. Reinstall which is a pain because it takes me 2 hours to download again on steam. Please tell me you guys are trying to find a fix for this.. I didn't pay $30 to wait 20min so I can play a round and then die and have to wait another 20 min to respawn. /rant

How long have you waited on the screen? On almost full servers its common that it takes a while to join because of people joining/leaving all the time.

How long have you waited on the screen? On almost full servers its common that it takes a while to join because of people joining/leaving all the time.

I literally waited a good 25 min in the US Chicago server with 50 ppl in it. Spawned then died later and i had to wait another 20+ so i alt tabbed quit. In the Dallas server with 20 ppl it took me 10 minutes. This isn't normal, not normal.. for any game. i hope they fix it soon.

And if it's any issue with my hardware it shouldn't be,

win7

120ssd

16gig ram

gtx 670

i5 ivy bridge

Edited by shw

I literally waited a good 25 min in the US Chicago server with 50 ppl in it. Spawned then died later and i had to wait another 20+ so i alt tabbed quit. In the Dallas server with 20 ppl it took me 10 minutes. This isn't normal, not normal.. for any game. i hope they fix it soon.

And if it's any issue with my hardware it shouldn't be,

win7

120ssd

16gig ram

gtx 670

i5 ivy bridge

Na, nothing to do with your system. It's all about the servers and the amount of people in them, just keep trying, on my old computer sometimes it took a good 20 minutes to get into low pop servers.

Hello all...hopefully this is not a redundant post, I have used search to try to find a similar thread before creating this post, and I couldn't come up with anything, so here goes.

I have created a Custom Load screen for our server which is hosted by Dayz.st and we are running the Namalsk map. Our mission file is not that large, like 449 kb roughly...it was over 1100kb but I edited the jpg picture im using for the load screen and shrunk it down to the current level. We are running a custom debug and auto ruefuel script. No extra buildings and "normal amount" of vehicle spawns. My problem is this:

After loading into game from a fresh server restart it seems to "hang" at the loading screen for awhile before you get the message "creating character...etc..etc" If you would happen to die, go into the lobby then back in the game, it loads in a flash. I can't figure out what's holding it up. I tried checking the box in dayz commander to auto close commander after logging into the server and while it seemed to help a little, no drastic improvements have been made.

also if I edit our pbo then re-up it to the server and then log on, of course it re-downloads the the mission file, which is done quickly because of the 449kb size but then when the "white progress bar" at the bottom of the screen reaches the end, it just hangs there for awhile before creating the character and going into game.

We have hosted with Vilayer and HFB in the past, and I don't really recall such a slow load time into game, but I really didn't pay that close attention because it seemed to load at "normal" speed

I have tried switching the loadscreen call command closed to the front of the code, and that didn't work, so I put it back where it originally was. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!!!!