Sign in to follow this  
theszerdi

Build IED

What do you folks think? Arma supports IED's already.

10 tin can + satchel, combine to make IED. Suddenly all those piles of trash in the road are a lot scarier!

(tin cans/empty whiskey bottle/empy pop can) Gives a use to trash loot!

Edit to add: Search on this forum leaves much to be desired. Sorry for repost, although I didn't see the suggestion to actually build them in my quick scan.

Edited by TheSzerdi
  • Like 3

Did a more thorough search. Everyone else is suggesting crazy new loot items to build one. We already have satchels and junk loot in game. Make it detonate like the satchel. NOT TRIPWIRE.

Might need combination of trash loot, like 5 tin cans 3 whiskey bottles and 2 pop cans.

If an IED is to be made it can't use the satchel charge as a base because people would just use the charge itself and not bother to make the IED.

If an IED is to be made it can't use the satchel charge as a base because people would just use the charge itself and not bother to make the IED.

The whole point of the IED is that it's disguised.

I.E.D = Improvised explosive device. You'd gain very little from rigging a satchel charge with some tin cans. Minor shrapnel that would only really harm someone if they were already in the kill radius of the explosive itself.

Now, were you to rig a flare to a propane tank, and then shoot said propane tank, then we might be talking.

We should be able to hide a grenade in anything that it would fit in, like when you see six alice packs at the grocery store...

An armed grenade that is

Edited by Hello moto
  • Like 1

We should be able to hide a grenade in anything that it would fit in, like when you see six alice packs at the grocery store...

I'm picturing an alice pack with the grenade underneath it, where if you lift the bag, you get just enough time to realise it was a trap before *BOOM*

Does anyone know, would the weight of a backpack be enough to hold down the spring on a grenade if you pulled the pin and laid the bag on top of it?

If you had to add something to the bag to weigh it down, that would serve as a hint to be wary of it.

EDIT: I love this idea, somebody phone Rocket, quick!

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

I love the idea of having just a Grenade, Fishing Line and a empty can to make a tripwire type trap. Also, Wood, Entrenching Tool and Chickenwire to make a Punji trap! Would be awesome for us solo players!

IED's are a bit too powerful at the moment though.. Just make them not blow up buildings and have less radius.

I don't want the game to be "balanced", but I don't want a bunch of fuckers "trolling" by blowing up every single building with their IEDs.

Edited by Sutinen

IED's are a bit too powerful at the moment though.. Just make them not blow up buildings and have less radius.

They'd be the same as satchels though in game.

IRL IEDs are only as powerful as the maker wants them to be. You can make a weak ass IED.

Ahhh nvm just realised what you meant. Yeah you're right.

But yeah I love the idea of the tin cans just mingled in with loot, "Oh look a hunting knife, I need that" *BOOM!* > ^_^ hehe

Edited by Rooneye

Do we need IEDs for the upcoming zombie convoys in the next patch? Makes no sense blowing up the entire loot because that's what it's good for and having almost no vehicles in the future of DayZ it's a useless item.

Edited by Enforcer

Do we need IEDs for the upcoming zombie convoys in the next patch? Makes no sense blowing up the entire loot because that's what it's good for and having almost no vehicles in the future of DayZ it's a useless item.

You cant blow up the loot? The loot would just stay there like it does. The player would die though. This (what Im talking about) has nothing to do with cars.

You cant blow up the loot? The loot would just stay there like it does. The player would die though. This (what Im talking about) has nothing to do with cars.

What's with the stuff in the vehicles? Burned to crisps...

People complain about getting shot on the coast as it is a grieving tactic yet people want to make IEDs?

No, stupid idea

Sounds like a great idea, but why not throw in some fecal matter for good measure? Players have a chance of getting sick this way and therefore need to get antibiotics, etc. - Dat biological warfare.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

I want to be able to booby trap my backpack so if someone kills me, they will get a nasty surprise.

Of course the booby trap in the backpack would only injure the other player and destroy a good deal of the gear in the backpack and my character's dead body.

Added, the other player could find tools to either set off my trap from a safe distance or a way to disarm it with a risk.

I want to be able to booby trap my backpack so if someone kills me, they will get a nasty surprise.

Of course the booby trap in the backpack would only injure the other player and destroy a good deal of the gear in the backpack and my character's dead body.

Added, the other player could find tools to either set off my trap from a safe distance or a way to disarm it with a risk.

It sounds like an incredibly bad idea to carry an armed improvised booby trap in your backpack.

I thought this had been suggested before but if not I say more variety in explsoives the more fun we can have :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love the idea, perfect for stopping enemy vehicles in their tracks(with a certain explosion) or using it as a tripwire to ambush enemies.

It sounds like an incredibly bad idea to carry an armed improvised booby trap in your backpack.

It could be dangerous but DayZ's world is full of danger.

You could easily use some wiring and cut a flare open and use the explosive/burning material to ignite and then have it attached to a clip of ammo.

The killer would open the pack and the wire w/ battery would trigger the spark and the flare's powder ignites which would burn but the ammo/rounds attached to it would explode leading to bullets or debris firing. Of course you need to be able to disarm it and tell your friends to not go in your bag so they don't trigger it

It could be dangerous but DayZ's world is full of danger.

You could easily use some wiring and cut a flare open and use the explosive/burning material to ignite and then have it attached to a clip of ammo.

The killer would open the pack and the wire w/ battery would trigger the spark and the flare's powder ignites which would burn but the ammo/rounds attached to it would explode leading to bullets or debris firing. Of course you need to be able to disarm it and tell your friends to not go in your bag so they don't trigger it

or just shoot it at a distance and no more problem.