Sign in to follow this  
Blenk

Stashing gear

So, I know how tents work/are supposed to work ;)

What I'm wandering is, if I stick some stuff I really want to keep e.g range finders rifle ect in my Alicepack can I hide it in a tree and move on to investigate an area without risk of it de-spawning and or just bugging out and disappearing?

I understand that it would be safer to save it in a tent. I'm just hoping I can hide my bag in a bush instead.

would there be a chance that if I move a certain disdance away from it then I would lose the things in it or the whole thing?

Any and all advise on this would be appreciated. i've only been playing 2 weeks.

Tia

So, I know how tents work/are supposed to work ;)

What I'm wandering is, if I stick some stuff I really want to keep e.g range finders rifle ect in my Alicepack can I hide it in a tree and move on to investigate an area without risk of it de-spawning and or just bugging out and disappearing?

I understand that it would be safer to save it in a tent. I'm just hoping I can hide my bag in a bush instead.

would there be a chance that if I move a certain disdance away from it then I would lose the things in it or the whole thing?

Any and all advise on this would be appreciated. i've only been playing 2 weeks.

Tia

this is something I wonder too, Server restarts wipe the dropped and spawned items, but I'm unsure wether or not if no player is within 200m of a place, the items will despawn, similar to zombies

Edited by Pie Flavor

I'm not sure if anything will despawn out in the middle of the woods, but I wouldn't risk dropping my bag full of things out there. The chances of it bugging out and just disappearing are too great.

its grand unless the server restarts.. also always drop some item that you don't mind losing first and start a loot pile then set your backpack / items ontop of it.. as long as you stay alive and the server doesn't restart your loot pile will stay where you put it..

I would say yes but would be nervous to leave gear I really wanted stashed away some where like this. We picked up a buddy on the road out of Cherno one day and gave him an Alice pack and he left his patrol pack on the road and three hours later we drive up to the same part of the road and freak out thinking someone left a satchel charge in the road, so I know it will save. That being said leaving stuff anywhere in Dayz is a crapshoot since I have had tents eat all gear within minutes of placing them, so always know that your gear is temporary.