Sign in to follow this  
mibz0r

Server hopping just to get a Heli or 6

Is it OK for players to server hop with all the equipment needed to repair a Heli or not?

Basically I have come across a player who openly admits to waiting for new servers to come online then he hops into the server with all equipment required and repairs the Heli, this guy admits to having at least 6 Heli's on multiple servers, now in my eye's this is borderline cheating as the only time he puts himself at risk is when he actually flies the Heli away from it's spawn point, he doesn't have the ball's to hunt the gear for the Heli on said server he just appears with a friend and steals it, also I believe that he does actually do some duping to be able to have all the gear ready (he claims not to know what duping is)

Opinions welcomed but please no trolling PLEASE (or feeding any trolls that appear thanks) and if you can point out a rule that puts him in the wrong I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi
  • Like 1

I see it more as exploiting poor game design than cheating. There are alot of things like this that go on in the game. We are kind of supposed to be testing this stuff, since we are Alpha testers. Only problem is it looks like the standalone is going to be taking this same design, so this shit will continue for the life of the game.

I get the alpha testing etc but as an admin who pays the bills and try his best to keep the server clean, I believe things like this are wrong at best and would love to be able to ban the sh1thead from (ab)using my server.

I'm currently scouring my logs for any proof of wrongdoing that will allow me to ban him.

PS after confronting him about this and potential duping he left map markers with messages to me (admin) telling me he doesn't dupe and he will report me if I ban him which is getting close to abusing the admin or the system in my eye's

Dick move. There is absolutely no need for 6 helicopters, at all.

In my opinion, helicopters need to be removed.

We have removed them from our server, they're far to powerful of a tool and completely defeat what little balance DayZ has

Its wrong sounds exactly like a couple of people I know/used to know. Thye should just make themselves an ARMA mission with some choppers as it's not like even they play DayZ

I see we do agree on some points then ;)

• Like 1

We have removed them from our server, they're far to powerful of a tool and completely defeat what little balance DayZ has

And this is a private server I take it?

dumbing down the game is against the rules i.e removing what you and your community buddies don't like. And fyi dayz is NOT balanced at all and never has been; thats what makes it so popular.

We dont need know it alls like you who think you have the right to impose how you play on everybody. If your not going to leave DayZ as it is why bother playing it...

I know it's not balanced and its not intended to be but in many cases, people get the choppers and raid all of the camps and steal all of the vehicles on the map and take them away.

They don't add nearly as much to the game as they take away. Like the way vegitation renders from the air, it's practically transperant.

Not to mention the fact you can find all of the helicopter crashes on the map in under 20 minutes of a restart, the ability to parachute into places is ridiculous and once you've got a helicopter everything becomes waaaay to easy and there's nothing left to do.

Once again, they take away much more than they add to the game

Edited by jdz

the exploit would be server hopping to find parts, this sounds more like if you kill someone in a different server with your weapon is cheating... to me it seems legit, i mean:

you keep playing in different servers with a jerrycan or a rotor in your inventory, and you go from heli spawn to heli spawn until you find one.

you fix the parts you have and serarch the next industrial area for the remaining parts

you find them, finish to fix heli, fly away.

what that guy is doing is just this above but with all the parts :-)

having six helis is a shit like all those people who have vehicles camps in the woods, it's for that that i always search the north and west borders like a bitch to find camps.

i played also in a private hive without helicopters( a message in the chat said it was because people is not able to hide stuff) and it was full of camps and hoarded vehicles.

but the sudden sound of a chopper is priceless in this game

Edited by Bludy

10 windows takes 20 slots.

4 scrap metal takes up 12 slots.

Main rotor assembly 6 slots.

Jerry can takes up 3 slots and you need at least 3-5 cans, which makes it somwhere between 9-15 slots.

Ect ect ect.

He's duping, I'd go ahead and ban his cheating ass.

Edited by Dallas

Anyone advise me where I could find proof of duping so I can actually ban his ass, new to this server stuff TBH, there is a bit in the logs I read last night that I will post later when I get home and I found dodgy, something about having no ID or similiar

Is it OK for players to server hop with all the equipment needed to repair a Heli or not?

Basically I have come across a player who openly admits to waiting for new servers to come online then he hops into the server with all equipment required and repairs the Heli, this guy admits to having at least 6 Heli's on multiple servers, now in my eye's this is borderline cheating as the only time he puts himself at risk is when he actually flies the Heli away from it's spawn point, he doesn't have the ball's to hunt the gear for the Heli on said server he just appears with a friend and steals it, also I believe that he does actually do some duping to be able to have all the gear ready (he claims not to know what duping is)

Opinions welcomed but please no trolling PLEASE (or feeding any trolls that appear thanks) and if you can point out a rule that puts him in the wrong I'd be very grateful.

The guys just sad. No one has done anything to stop server hopping. Server hopping is unethical and I'm sure you know that. Whats the difference server hopping for loot or or heli's? So basically you're just diming dude out....jelly or frustrated OP?

@Faceman Peck

As I don't server hop for loot I feel I have the (slightly) higher ground on this issue, server hopping onto New server's just for the Heli isn't really the same either, IMO it's a form of trolling or abuse of the system, anyway who needs 6 Heli's really

Anyone advise me where I could find proof of duping so I can actually ban his ass, new to this server stuff TBH, there is a bit in the logs I read last night that I will post later when I get home and I found dodgy, something about having no ID or similiar

If he's duping away from your server then bringing the stuff in your never going to catch the duping, if your a part of a private hive though I would just ban him on the suspicion being strong enough to constitute evidence

Dick move. There is absolutely no need for 6 helicopters, at all.

Yeah remove even more vehicles... GEEZ there is like what ? 12 vehicles?! they keep removing vehicles and sometimes add crappy underpowered ones... in my opinion they kinda ruined the essence of surviving since there aint no damn cars in the world you can drive in... i mean 1 heli per server? with 3 damn airports... unrealistic.

Is your server a private hive?

If yes, ban his ass. If no, you can't ban him or youll be blacklisted.

the moral here is, if you want to find vehicles don't play on public servers. there's only a max of like 25 (including bikes) and they're always horded by some noob kid who owns the server.

You should find a decent private hive without too many vehicles but enough to actually enjoy the game a bit more.

I would recommend the server in my signature.

Helis are not easy to find but they are around :)

Sounds like a lot of work when he could just go to one of the many max vehicle private servers and easily find a fully repaired heli at numerous locations. Some servers have 200-600 vehicles spawned. Why would you bother server hopping public servers in this day and age when you could just go to a private server?

In all honesty, I don't think vehicle parts of any kind should be transferable between servers because there is not much need to do such a thing unless you're doing what the OP suggests, or to a lesser extent to cars. Nobody actively carries around those things on a regular basis... and if you leave the server with it on you and return to the same server without joining another first you should retain those parts.