Sign in to follow this  
#Sleepy

Why aren't Lingor, Takistan, Utes, Fallujah on Public Hives?

I understand these aren't made by the DayZ team but to my knowledge aren't all of these maps created by Bohemia Interactive and they've been modified for the DayZ play style? If anything Bohemia Interactive owns the majority if not all of the Licensing to these maps. From my perspective it gives DayZ players more fun to have, and Bohemia Interactive more money to make.

Now correct me if I'm wrong since I could be, I didn't look to much into it. But I assumed that if DayZ had five maps instead of one, more people would be willing to purchase Standalone.

Yeah some are just edited maps that are already in Arma II, and others are user made. So you want the maps that are supposedly, "Public server only" to be able to be used in a "Private hive"?

Yeah some are just edited maps that are already in Arma II, and others are user made. So you want the maps that are supposedly, "Public server only" to be able to be used in a "Private hive"?

No no no, all these "User made maps" are only found on Private Hives not hosted by Rocket/DayZ Team. I'd rather have many servers for my gear to be carried over to like the current Chernarus Hive.

The system they have now is fine. I think a lot of problems would arise if they tried to port everything between all the maps. Plus what do you expect? Lets go into lingor for 15 minute and get loaded with gear and just transfer back over to a chernarus server and spawn on the coast with a L85 and a DMR. Doesn't seem reasonable with the current system.

If any of the maps should be accepted as a standalone map, it would be Lingor no doubt. That map is crazy fun.

• Like 1

Most of the these maps have a central hive according to what host supports the map.

The system they have now is fine. I think a lot of problems would arise if they tried to port everything between all the maps. Plus what do you expect? Lets go into lingor for 15 minute and get loaded with gear and just transfer back over to a chernarus server and spawn on the coast with a L85 and a DMR. Doesn't seem reasonable with the current system.

If any of the maps should be accepted as a standalone map, it would be Lingor no doubt. That map is crazy fun.

Not like that, all the Lingor Servers have there own hives, same with the other maps.

Not like that, all the Lingor Servers have there own hives, same with the other maps.

No, Vilayer maps have their own hive which is why your character carries over across different servers

No, Vilayer maps have their own hive which is why your character carries over across different servers

Ugh I know this, I was saying that the maps should be hosted on the DayZ hives. Except there should be different hives per Map.

Only Utes and Takistan are official.

My guess as to why they are not supported is you would need one hive for each map, that's 5 x 1M users which is alot. Since this mod is only in alpha this is unnecessary costs, maybe in beta(which won't happen because of standalone).

I tested Lingor, and heard of takistan....but Utes? Fallujah? wth.

Because the Mods future is for private hives and community developement.

Utes is a small island map with lots of military loot. It's basically a PvP funland with many gun fights. You spawn back fast and gear up quickly so dying is not so heartbreaking. It's a nice break from the regular Chern and Lingor and you can brush up on your rifling skills. I've had many good times and good shoot outs !!

Also you don't have to download a map or anything just type in"Utes" in the dayzcommander or six launcher filter.