Jets should be a part of the game. Repair one and you should be able to get to another part of the map only accessible via jets. The jets wouldn't have any missiles or any form of onboard munitions. Resources can be scavenged on other parts of the map and can be airdropped to the required destination.

Thoughts?

Nope.avi

Anytime you try and take off and land you'll be attacked, the runways are pretty much the only flat land you're able to land a plane, where would you hide it..

Edited by LVG

Prop planes, para gliders etc have been discussed before. There are only two airfields on the current map and snipers with as50 would be shooting at you during take off and landing. Helicopters are more versitile for the Cherno and Lingor map anyway.

Edited by 12BotG

Where are you going to find the parts in a post-apocolyptic world? i wouldn't think there would be a Jet Wing lying on the floor which is good for use?

No. Choppers are streatching it as is, jets are a lot more complicated and to use one you'd have to be at a airfield.

Where are you going to find the parts in a post-apocolyptic world? i wouldn't think there would be a Jet Wing lying on the floor which is good for use?

Same way as helicopter rotor assembly?

• Like 5

Prop planes, para gliders etc have been discussed before. There are only two airfields on the current map

There are 3 airfields in Chernarus, but I wouldn't like to try landing a plane on any of them! An unarmed VTOL would be cool, but useless. (would still park it up for bragging rights)

Civilian helicopters should be introduced though. The way it is now, there's always one group with a chopper, and it usually never sees the light of day because they're afraid to lose it!

It would be better overall if more vehicles could be repaired, so that nobody could monopolize the transport on the map,

Same way as helicopter rotor assembly?

Jet wings are huge and Jets aren't all salvalageable (if thats a word) both Heli's and Jets crash a high speeds but a Jet is much faster meaning more parts will be destroyed

BTW why would you own a jet if it can't shoot

BTW why would you own a jet if it can't shoot

Cause it would be too overpowered?? Well I highly doubt you need an airstrip to land. Much like the helicopters, you already have the f35 in game with vtol.

Cause it would be too overpowered?? Well I highly doubt you need an airstrip to land. Much like the helicopters, you already have the f35 in game with vtol.

what, so you gonna fly around and look cool.... i would rather not put the effort into building a jet if it can only fly.

though i would love to jump off a plane 1500m above Cherno and parachute into the middle of Cherno... that would be so epic.

That laugh reminds me of the time when you take off leaving behind a huge trail of zombie bodies.

Nope.avi

Anytime you try and take off and land you'll be attacked, the runways are pretty much the only flat land you're able to land a plane, where would you hide it..

http://en.wikipedia....ki/VTOL#History

Some jets don't require long runways.

On track: No if it is any type of military jets, don't want n00bs in those spaming rockets at Cherno or Electro.

Edited by Tactical_Kn1ght

A lot of these suggestions sound like people don't want to play DayZ, they want a Crysis clone.

at least theres autolanding for planes in arma, but in take on i hope there isnt

Nope.avi

http://en.wikipedia....ki/VTOL#History

Some jets don't require long runways.

On track: No if it is any type of military jets, don't want n00bs in those spaming rockets at Cherno or Electro.

"Fixed wing jet-turbine propelled airplanes can only land on a flat asphalt or concrete airstrip 1 km long" fixed so you can understand him.

Jets should be a part of the game. Repair one and you should be able to get to another part of the map only accessible via jets. The jets wouldn't have any missiles or any form of onboard munitions. Resources can be scavenged on other parts of the map and can be airdropped to the required destination.

Thoughts?

Is this a real suggestion? no joke?

Is this a real suggestion? no joke?

No joke. You like jets?

I don't know but I'm having doubts on missiles. I think they should be a part of the jet since when you got these underground bases coming then the only way to extract these moles would be to launch a missile.