nsix

Do away with the Military. Make top loot "Police".

So I have heard that Rocket is going in the opposite direction of high power military gear.

I will use things such as the AS50 and even TWS if I find them, but I personally prefer not too. But when everyone else and their mom sports it (yeah mainly because they hack/dupe or killed someone that does) it kind of corners a lot of people in pubs into adopt the eye for and eye mentality for evening the playing field.

To the best of my knowledge there will still be Military bases. What about the idea of replacing Military loot with fixtures such as local police, state police, etc.?

High power gear makes it too easy to kill people. I personally prefer the reward of a good hunt and chase skill shot with an Enfield. Not an AS50 900 meters away on a clear day, sniping a still target.

There is the mentality of "Oh well if this shit did go down and zombies pwned all, everyone would have military loot". Bull-Fu__in shit. In that case why stop there? Make nukes, tanks, warships, Bombers, etc. all available.

Cliifs - Replace Military buildings/loot with the Police class buildings/loot.

• Like 3

Stick with miliarty loot, remember when the stand alone comes out everyone will start out fresh new spawns so if the spawn them correctly and remove the hacking those high power weapons will again be rare.

Stick with miliarty loot, remember when the stand alone comes out everyone will start out fresh new spawns so if the spawn them correctly and remove the hacking those high power weapons will again be rare.

Servers will be running their own database too. I can't link to where this was said but It was told to us by Rocket.

It's Chernarus, it has MILITARY BASES and you will find high powered weapons. Heli sites probably were flying British Armed Forces over to help with the infection but they were infected too thus being the world wide population being infected. (Fail story is fail... :|)

Edited by Venzire

Yeah, great idea. Get rid of the M107's etc, there is no need for an L85 in a zombie survival game, way over the top and only promotes PVP. keep your pistols, winchesters, lenfields, AK'S, shottys, then just some basic snipers like the CZ or bolt M24, MAYBE a DMR as well but nothing more. Fair enough people get bored and PVP but when you give them L85's and AS50's you don't even give those trying to enjoy the survival experience a chance.

I can handle being killed by players, it's gonna happen but when I am unarmed and got gunned down by an L85 it's almost like 'what's the point in bothering when you don't stand a chance'.

Edited by biggy101
  • Like 1

I want to suggest making all eastern gear common and western very rare. I dont understand why there are no russian machine guns, no camo dragunov, no ak74 with granade launcher ... also why they replaced mi17 with UH 1

Edited by Matej
  • Like 1

This game needs more civilian rifles, badly. Military loot just makes the game unbalanced

Like what exactly? You don't need more than you already have.

I think an anti material rifle should be kept in the game, but make it bolt action with a 5 second delay.

i totally agree with much less military weapons, and the damaging and deperishing equipment would complete the job

I'm torn on the topic.

On one hand (call it the "realistic" hand) there would be a massive miltary response to any sort of outbreak. Whatever country the game lands in I'm sure has their version of a National Guard, who, along with active troops, would be locking things down in a last ditch effort to stop the spread. The massive influx of military hardware and personnel into civilian land would leave a lot of powerful gear around. Most of it would be M16A4's and AK47 variants, as your standard troop doesn't have a sidearm or NVG's or things such as that. That being said, most of that would be looted right quick by those slow to fall to the disease, stashed who-knows-where before they start eating their friends.

On the other hand (I have different fingers....) the military grade hardware should be hard to find and, in my opinion, not a game-breaking powerful assortment. I would hate to see some hardware being the end-all of weapons. I would greatly enjoy the gameplay if it were skill based rather than weapon based. For example, pistols are lethal at close distance when a large enough caliber. Make the Makarov junk, but a 1911 spitting out a 45 slug is going to wreck your day, along with the revolver. An Enfield, or even the Winchester, should be a contender with the assault rifles when in the proper hands. Both rifles hit like a truck, but lack the fire rate. It would bring skill more into the equation, maneuvering and getting the drop on someone along with your standard FPS skill, as opposed to seeing a guy through binoculars and saying "Oh, he has a M16, I can't contest that with my Enfield" or "at 200 meters the scoped rifle will always win".

If higher powered and automatic weapons had WAY rarer ammo, they might be saved for use when deemed necessary. As it stands you can find STANAG 5.56 rounds in garden sheds, and AK mags everywhere, so you'll NEVER struggle for bullets. Ammunition should be like hens teeth! It's the apocalypse, and nobody can find a pen and paper, but everyone has an assault rifle?! Bollocks.

If you found an AS50 with 5 rounds, and you knew for a FACT there was fuckall chance of finding more, your first thought probably wouldn't be to go and camp Elektro.

I'm hoping there's more emphasis on melee weapons as primary weapons for standalone, for the simple fact that if everyone is Rambo, then nobody is Rambo.

Police loot would probably have a few different 9mm pistols and SMGs and would be a good source of shotguns and ammo. I would far prefer this to the current "Everybody grab an LMG w00t!!"

I'm not saying anything should be removed, but it's just plain stupid and unbalanced as it is.

If you find a M16 with underslung M203 and enough ammo to last a wee while, you should be like, "HALLELUJAH, HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS!!" not "Meh, s'pose it'll do for now."

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 2

I'm torn on the topic.

On one hand (call it the "realistic" hand) there would be a massive miltary response to any sort of outbreak. Whatever country the game lands in I'm sure has their version of a National Guard, who, along with active troops, would be locking things down in a last ditch effort to stop the spread. The massive influx of military hardware and personnel into civilian land would leave a lot of powerful gear around. Most of it would be M16A4's and AK47 variants, as your standard troop doesn't have a sidearm or NVG's or things such as that. That being said, most of that would be looted right quick by those slow to fall to the disease, stashed who-knows-where before they start eating their friends.

That is the main reason I say stick to military stuff, the local police would have been eaten by then and their stuff lost and the response teams would be pulling in supplies until they all died; hense the crash coppers.

Having said that ... making them rare; making ammo had to find.

I guess the problem can be solved by spawning most/half (I don't know) the military grade weapons in random areas, i.e. not in buildings but in grasslands/forests etc where the soldiers became infected.

• Like 1

getting rid of one gun doesnt mean people will stop killing you.

L85 is just as much use for bandits and non bandits alike. I normally use it for scanning hills for snipers. If i want to go full PVP i normally use a DMR or a M4SD (depending on my mood and time of day)

I disagree. I actually wouldn't mind if you could find a Hind a Kamov a Havoc or w/e. The only thing I disagree is the abundance of western stuff in chernarus, it should be extremely rare to find anything from the US.

I disagree. I actually wouldn't mind if you could find a Hind a Kamov a Havoc or w/e. The only thing I disagree is the abundance of western stuff in chernarus, it should be extremely rare to find anything from the US.

Maybe United Nations equipment would make more sense than USMC gear.

We should have Civilian Loot, Farmer Loot, Redneck Loot, Police Loot and Military Loot. Each one should be rarer than the last though.

Since Dayz is based on a epidemic it would actually make sense to have the military present, because if you think about it, if there was a similar situation to what is simulated in Dayz the government would probably mobilize the military to try and control the situation, but on the other hand it would also make sense if you found police or riot police gear...

Long story short military gear does have it's place in Dayz.

Edited by Dr.PoonHammer

If Rocket does what he says then just to have NVG and L85's means diddly since batteries will be rare.He just needs to find a really good battery spawn rate to make these items not always work.Would be kool to be playing at night and suddenly your NVG's go out. :P