shazbot04

Enfield firing rate.

I was wondering if anyone else thought the firing rate on the enfield was a little slow. I own and I can fire the rifle considerably fast then end game . Obviously you sacrifice accuracy but was wondering if anyone thought it should be increased slightly ?

Edited by shazbot04

You should assume that survivors in DayZ aren't proficient in firearm usage. In general, you would expect most people who end up holding a gun in the apocalypse have little to no experience at all with shooting.

I think it's right around where it should be.

• Like 2

You should assume that survivors in DayZ aren't proficient in firearm usage. In general, you would expect most people who end up holding a gun in the apocalypse have little to no experience at all with shooting.

I think it's right around where it should be.

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time our characters are not just some joe schmo off the streets or at least that's how I looked at them

I don't know -- if you're wearing tacticool clothing, have a patrol pack, flashlight, painkillers, and a bandage when you come-to on the coast, you're probably a survivor who has used firearms at least to a small extent. I think the Enfield should fire a little faster.

I think it is good as it is. I haven't fired that many weapons IRL but I've learned from my small experience that guns that aren't meant to shoot rapidly can jam more easily if you try to shoot them at a fast rate.

I think it is good as it is. I haven't fired that many weapons IRL but I've learned from my small experience that guns that aren't meant to shoot rapidly can jam more easily if you try to shoot them at a fast rate.

That comes from bad ammo , dirty gun or not action it right but it is a good point none the less.

I was talking with a group of friends last night while playing and someone brought up the idea of having to clean your guns or even jamming. Might make fire fights or clearing out zombies more interesting.

Edited by shazbot04
  • Like 1

That comes from bad ammo , dirty gun or not action it right but it is a good point none the less.

I was talking with a group of friends last night while playing and someone brought up the idea of having to clean your guns or even jamming. Might make fire fights or clearing out zombies more interesting.

these ideas where already discussed and will be implemented in SA, the guns in the mod will proly not be fixed

• Like 1

no, it would just make it even more OP..get an m14 if you want faster firing or an FAL. for as common as the lee is now its already extremely op.

no, it would just make it even more OP..get an m14 if you want faster firing or an FAL. for as common as the lee is now its already extremely op.

I have a m-14 right now. I'm just pointing out that I feel the fire rate on the enfield should be a little adjusted is all

Edited by shazbot04

the guns in the mod will proly not be fixed

They can't be because they're only string references and not objects on their own. This will be changed however in standalone. Rocket has been talking about stuff like that a lot lately.

I for my part would prefer the Enf having it's old damage value of 12000+ again. There'd be no need for a second shot.

Edited by tommes

Given that the Enfield is pretty much an instant bone-break or pass-out on hit, it's fire rate is balanced being kind of slow.

This isn't CoD, so balance is out the window. It's not a deathmatch game... okay, it's not INTENDED to be a deathmatch game, but let's be honest, most of us are playing Bean Wars at this point waiting on the standalone. That aside, it's meant to be a survival game, not a balanced shooter. The 303 Enfield hits hard. It's up there with a 30-06 round. It SHOULD be a one hit kill. A fire rate of 60 rpm is realistic, considering anyone with any sort of time behind the trigger can really work one. If you want something slower, throw the 03A3 in there (the Enfield's counterpart). It was known for having a crappy action, where the Enfield had a reputation for being a smooth operating bolt action rifle (and they are, they're a lot of fun)

As far as "firing faster than intended yadda yadda yadda".... it's a bolt action rifle. ANY quality bolt action rifle, especiually those based on the Mauser action, are designed for "affirmative" bolt movement. You baby the bolt, you get a problem. Slap it up,rip it back, and ram it forward, it's how it's designed to work. Same with a lever action (such as the 1873 Winchester, which I sincerely hope makes a show in standalone in 44 mag or 357 format). if you baby the lever, you have problems. These rifles were made for fighting men, their actions designed for hard use under stress.

• Like 1

These rifles were made for fighting men, their actions designed for hard use under stress.

Beanz for you sir.

I see the enfield jamming a fuckton when standalone comes out Wait for the threads..it'll be rather amusing :)

WWI British soldiers trained in this weapon could fire 15 rounds a minute accurately. Sources; there you go:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWenfield.htm

http://www.leeenfieldrifleassociation.org.uk/page.php?domain_name=leeenfieldrifleassociation.org.uk&viewpage=history

http://www.firstworldwar.com/weaponry/rifles.htm

The weapon could be fired faster in the hands of an accomplished user:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_minute

However, this wasn't common and from the article, you can see that the man who could fire 38 shots a minute also had a job of an instructor. Not the average user by all means.

I fired 26 rounds in one minute from the Lee Enfield (not aiming at anything in particular). Fire rate seems ok to me. Maybe it could do with a reloading anim to fill in the 'dead space' and keep the firer visually informed of what's going on.